This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] LG SmartTV

Comments

• jordenjorden Member
    edited June 2016
    @phil_s is it the correct IP? My installation at home detected the Philips Hue bridge as a television.

Also, logs from the commandline will help a lot!
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    it was one lucky shot, but now it provides every time the ip of my philips hue instead of the ip of my tv.

when i edit the ip to the right one and then want to request the pairing key it fails as you can see in the screenshot.

yes, logging from commandline: sorry but that is new for me, how can i do this?

also i am now at work and this evening and tomorrow evening i have to work on an other project, so i won't have much time for testing (i would better than to work :-))

but please tell me how i can log from the commandline. i will test with it if i have more time. promise!
  • jordenjorden Member
    If you run:
    athom project --run (instead of athom project --install) then it will run on Homey until you CTRL+C it. It will also show all information logs.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    ok, than i will try next time --run instead of --install

but before i have to deinstall the app, right :-)
  • jordenjorden Member
    No, it will overwrite the version you have installed.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    i am learning and learning ;-)

ok, thx jorden so far. i think i will test it today evening just before i have to work.

so long
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    The discovery of devices sometimes gives some strange results.
    I tried to install the Chromecast app and the pair wizard also found my Hue Bridge as of its a Chromocast.

• phil_sphil_s Member
    hmm, then it iseems normal that in most cases the philips hue bridge is found instead of the searched device...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    SSDP discovery will "find" all enabled devices, so its normal the Hue Bridge comes up.
    Its not normal to get it shown as a relevant device.
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited June 2016
    @jorden donation has sent!  Going to test!

(Sorry just awake. .Sent you this already :) I am getting old)
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited June 2016
    installed the app also. Pairing works like a charme. Can start the netflix app on command now blush 

Wife still shouts that using the remote is faster dizzy

Too bad mij homey keeps loading and doesn 't react to voice anymore
  • Tested  today again...works great. Made a lot of flows..
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    can't wait until i am home for testing 

is there any settings on the tv i have to set to being prepared for pairing? 

• phil_s said:
    can't wait until i am home for testing 

is there any settings on the tv i have to set to being prepared for pairing? 

nope here it works automaticly. I only have a fixed IP addres from the TV (network settings) so this is not changing
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    yeah, i have also a fixed ip for the tv. ok, i will see.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    it will not work for me :-(
    it discovered my hue with the .77 at the end of the ip, then i change it to .24 (the ip from my tv) but refused:

but at the beginning it will find it:

• @phil_s and if you first unplugg you're hue bridge? Maybe is that a work a round
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    ok, i will try

now it has the right ip but also can't request

• phil_s said:
    ok, i will try

now it has the right ip but also can't request

That is strange maybe @jorden  knows what the problem is. The only thing I see is that you're tv has webOS 1, mine doesn't 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    that was the problem with the lg-app from athom in the beginning. that it only run on webos2, and not on webos1.
    it seems that here it is the same problem: with webos1 nobody knows a solution :-(
  • I have to go to work..tomorrow I will look for you on the Internet. .
  • I have also a webos 1 tv. End it works perfecte. 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    tim1990 said:
    I have also a webos 1 tv. End it works perfecte. 
    oh that is good to hear! so there must be a solution for my tv :-)

@tim1990 are there any settings in the tv i have to make?
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited June 2016
    here is another try.
    the portnumber of my tv changes every time i run the app (see screenshot -> ip 192.168.178.24 Port: 40104 and and some earlier above in this threat) but the port of my hue bridge not (ip 192.168.178.77 port: 1900)

is this a hint?

• Not that i know of. What i do know is that with some tv's the option voor LG connect Apps has to turned on.

Settings - >Network - > Lg connect Apps
  • tim1990 said:
    Not that i know of. What i do know is that with some tv's the option voor LG connect Apps has to turned on.

Settings - >Network - > Lg connect Apps
    Ok..I didn't know. That is not the case by my tv. (47lm620s )
  • For me niether but thats what the Android app stated in the faq. I have a 42lm620s. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    In the screenshots I also see connection refused messages. 
    Looks like the same issue as I ran into with my app and homey...... 

• phil_sphil_s Member
    LG connect Apps is on ...