This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] LG SmartTV

mbalik79mbalik79 Member
edited June 2016 in Apps
I have a LG 47LM620S-ZE smart TV. Is there anyone who can make an app for this, so that I can control tv over HTTP?

Comments

• I would also greatly appreciate it.
  • I'm not a programmer but I found this on github

https://github.com/migueljteixeira/nodejs-lgtvRemoteControl
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    I have a 42 of the same type. I think it had to be possible to make the exiting app working. It is an old version of webos.
  • Let's hope someone will do it..
  • I test the NodeJS files from github and it works, could someone make a homey app for this?
  • It won't be very easy to develop an app without owning the device.
    Hence: you'll have to wait for Athom or an app dev who owns the specific device...
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited May 2016
    If I Have time I will try it for my self. I have the script and that works, but now I need to pull it in a Homey app.
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    If someone near Amsterdam or Almere can bring me an LG television for 3 days, I can do this ;)

Actually made a first setup at https://github.com/jordenc/com.lg.smarttv but nothing works yet, it's just a general template. Will see if I can take that a little further without actually being able to test :)
  • jorden said:
    If someone near Amsterdam or Almere can bring me an LG television for 3 days, I can do this ;)

Actually made a first setup at https://github.com/jordenc/com.lg.smarttv but nothing works yet, it's just a general template. Will see if I can take that a little further without actually being able to test :)
    Thanks..that would be great. I Am gonna check you're  temptation.  Amsterdam is to far for me to bring the tv.. ;) and this weekend is MAX weekend (monaco). But already thanks for the help..
  • jordenjorden Member
    I am away from tomorrow until monday so that wouldn't have been an option ;)

What would greatly help; if someone could run the app on their Homey (some developer-skills required, see https://developers.athom.com ... you need to install NodeJS and athom-cli) and run it, try to add a LG SmartTV device and let me know the output the athom cli app shows you... then I can take a step further. The most important step, probably.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    Although I appreciate the effort... I wonder... wouldn't it be possible (and better) to update the existing LG WebOS app to include support for WebOS 1 devices? That way we can avoid multiple apps for the same set of devices (in this case, LG TVs)
  • jordenjorden Member
    @Bumblez although I agree that in a perfect world that would be the best, it might complicate things a lot. 
  • mbalik79 said:
    jorden said:

Thanks..that would be great. I Am gonna check you're  temptation.  Amsterdam is to far for me to bring the tv.. ;) and this weekend is MAX weekend (monaco). But already thanks for the help..
    If you live Arnhem by any case I also like to help ;)
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    Ik life nearby but i don't think ik can get a positive WAF too give away the tv voor a couple of days. 

I'm willing to test is for you and report back! 
  • ReflowReflow Member
    edited May 2016
    @Emile same spam post here

Edit: spam cleaned
  • jordenjorden Member
    Sourcefiles updated on Github, hopefully I can get a fully discovered device back now :) Working together with @mbalik now via private messaging so hopefully there is progress.

However I will be gone in an hour for a weekend off, so no progress for a few days.
  • I will try it when I get home. Thanks and a fine weekend. Will Let you know the output in pm

• My output in debug from the github update
  • jordenjorden Member
    Thanks, that's what I need to continue :) 
  • jordenjorden Member
    Next 'work in progress' version is available for download.

Please install it, run "athom project --run" and then in Homey try the following steps:
    1. Add a device, choose the LG SmartTV app
    2. It should find a device and fill in the IP as IP and name. If it didn't find anything, after 1 second (will make that longer once the app is done) you should be able to fill in the IP yourself (name is not used yet)
    3. Turn on your TV and try to click the button 'Request pairing key' ('Sleutel aanvragen'). Your TV should show a key (I hope). If an error happens it should show that on top of the pairing fields in Homey.
    4. Fill in the pairing key in the field 'Pairing key' ('Sleutel').
    5. Click the button 'Try pairing' ('Koppelen').

Let me know what happens. If everything goes okay (I doubt it :)) at the top of the window there should be output that I can use to proceed with the app. If things don't work, let me know which step!
  • Thanks..I will try 
  • I have tried, the pairing key was showed on tv and I could "koppel" it in the app.

This is the debug out-put

• jordenjorden Member
    Awesome, actually better than I expected :) In a few hours I hope to be able to continue. Have to grep that <session> thing and store it in the device, then add the device, and then I can begin to add actions!
  • jordenjorden Member
    Uploaded version 0.0.4. Things are getting harder and harder to test, since I cannot walk through the pairing session (for I don't own a LG television).

What is new:
    - When pairing, it should read out the session ID correctly now, into the field. => A lot of work should still be put into the pairing, since it is now a mess, but it should work for now.
    - When you have a session key, it should display the 'save' button, which directly adds the device.
    - You can go to flows, and drag the device to the 'Then' column. There are 3 keys / commands I have added now: Volume up, volume down, and mute.
    Try to run that, I am very curious if this works!
  • I'Am going to try
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited May 2016
      It's not working. If i run the app is shows only "zoeken naar apparaten" but it did not find my tv .

In debug I'm only seeing "Hello World!"

• jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    That's strange, I thought I didn't change that part of the code from previous version. I will doublecheck!

Update: Hmm, same here. Doesn't run the get_devices anymore. Will work on it for a bit, probably a fix tomorrow.
  • I checked the old version and that one is still give me a pairing key
  • jorden said:
    That's strange, I thought I didn't change that part of the code from previous version. I will doublecheck!

Update: Hmm, same here. Doesn't run the get_devices anymore. Will work on it for a bit, probably a fix tomorrow.
    Ok..good luck...thanks for now
  • jordenjorden Member
    Strange bug, didn't find the solution to it but for now I managed to work the bug out of the code. Can you please try again?