This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• updated to 2.0.3  build 43         samsung  s6    android 6.0.1        no devices visible here
  • JesperJesper Member
    edited May 2016
    Updated to version 2.0.2 build 42 on my samsung s6. All devices visible and the speech line is now finally visible on my s6 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Here also updated to 2.0.3-43, still experiencing crashes and no devices....
  • In another thread @superice mentioned the notifications should be working on version 2.0.3. They are not working for me, but I do have the issue where I dont see any devices because I always have some devices that are failing or not active (zwave, hyperion, lifx).

Can someone confirm notifications are working when the devices are reachable.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    tried this flow;

I'm not at homey so i can't hear what Homey says, I received an email and not receiving a Android notification.

[edit]
    At the moment the NetAtmo app is running in Debug mode with some logging on the console.
    I noticed that if I start the Android app, go to the zone where the NetAtmo sensors are in, the console confirms the sensors data is requested.
    So the Android app request data through/from Homey, but the App can't show the cards.
    [just for info]

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    Phuturist said:
    In another thread @superice mentioned the notifications should be working on version 2.0.3. They are not working for me, but I do have the issue where I dont see any devices because I always have some devices that are failing or not active (zwave, hyperion, lifx).

I see al my devices on my phone but no push notifications...
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    Updated to 2.03 build 43 but still no devices visible. Android 5.1.1  Sony Xperia Z3. App stops after a while.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Phuturist said:
    In another thread @superice mentioned the notifications should be working on version 2.0.3. They are not working for me, but I do have the issue where I dont see any devices because I always have some devices that are failing or not active (zwave, hyperion, lifx).

Same here, no devices, no notifications.
  • Everything worked good in the previous version. Now no devices visible on s6 edge 
  • casedacaseda Member
    I've got newest version and can see all my devices (even from not my home network) could see them on the previous version as well. 

I do however need to click on "devices" once in the menu to make them start appearing. 
  • JesperJesper Member
    I have the same situation as @caseda. However, I do not receive any notifications anymore
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    No devices, no notifications and the app keeps crashing...
    The last 2 days already sent 30(?)+ crash reports.

Tried to clear the App data; no results
    Tried to clear the App data, uninstall and do a clean install; no results
    Tried to clear the App data just after a clean install; no results

The app keeps crashing and no devices show up :'(
  • FranqFranq Member
    MarcoF said:

Same here. Version 2.0.3 build 43. Galaxy S5 Neo.
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    Not sure if this would help you solve the probelm, but I see all my devices, however, only one at a time, at the top of the view... I can scroll down and they are all there, however, only about a fifth of the screen is used to show devices. I initially thought I can only see one device per room... but it appears that the containing control is sized incorrectly... maybe for some people it is sized to 0 if the first device is not available or something... I am just guessing here :)

Version 2.0.3 build 43. Nexus 5
  • MarcoF said:

I know, but there is nothing I can do about it the devices not loading. It's 0.8.34's fault, 0.8.35 addresses that issue.

About the app crashing however, I can try to do something. It's an Android lifecycle issue with recording of audio, but I can try to work around that. Thanks for reporting, that really helps, and I encourage everyone to report crashes, because those pretty much instantly pinpoint the problem for me.
  • JorisJoris Member
    edited May 2016
    btwvince said:
    Everything worked good in the previous version. Now no devices visible on s6 edge 

Same here on the S6 Edge and on the S6 Edge Plus and on Tab S2.  definitely app related issue.
  • WeezulWeezul Member
    superice said:
    MarcoF said:

I know, but there is nothing I can do about it the devices not loading. It's 0.8.34's fault, 0.8.35 addresses that issue.

About the app crashing however, I can try to do something. It's an Android lifecycle issue with recording of audio, but I can try to work around that. Thanks for reporting, that really helps, and I encourage everyone to report crashes, because those pretty much instantly pinpoint the problem for me.
    Reported one yesterday, where the app crashed if I kept it active, left my phone to lock, and then unlocked it. The moment it unlocks and the app becomes active again, it crashed. Appears to also be a life-cycle problem. I know those are often hard to fix, and annoying at the very least to reproduce
  • Yes, also crashed on my phone.
    Crash report send.
    Nexus 6 running Android N preview 3.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited May 2016
    Could anyone tell me if Homey app works on Android version 4.2.2. which is installed at a quite oldfashioned Samsung tablet (model GT- P3110)? That tablet doesnot accept any Android update to a newer version anymore
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    Check if you can find the app on the Play Store.
    If you can't install it's unsupported

Edit
    Could resist:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.athom.homey

Android vereist
    4.2 en hoger
  • JanHJanH Member
    @RobinVanKekem: was able to install it but app stops working right away after starting everytime again
  • Send crash reports so @superice can debug the crash 
  • JanHJanH Member
    Will do, tnx @RobinVanKekem ;
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    New update, 2.1-45 and again app crashes.... (if I'm right these are not firmware related?!) 

@superice: 5 crash reports in less then 2 minutes. "have fun with them" 
  • MarcoF said:
    New update, 2.1-45 and again app crashes.... (if I'm right these are not firmware related?!) 

@superice: 5 crash reports in less then 2 minutes. "have fun with them" 
    Wait until update .35
    probebly related
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    on a positive note:

the new update of the app makes the app have landscape mode!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    If I'm right superice said the device loading issue should be fixed with .35 and app crashes not. 

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22996/#Comment_22996

My homey is updating to .35 so I can  test within a few minutes if crashes are gone with . 35

Also with .35 app crashes and send a few crash reports. 

Notifications still not working with .35 and 2.1-45
  • MarcoF said:
    If I'm right superice said the device loading issue should be fixed with .35 and app crashes not. 

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22996/#Comment_22996

My homey is updating to .35 so I can  test within a few minutes if crashes are gone with . 35

Also with .35 app crashes and send a few crash reports. 

Notifications still not working with .35 and 2.1-45
    I have no clue what is wrong with your devices... I have tested this extensively, and just can't reproduce it. Anyway, I'll look into the crash reports begin next week and I'll try to improve stuff for you. Very odd.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    I just have a very "modern"/update and stock Nexus5 with the most recent Android version and security update.... what can be strange/odd about that and how could that influence notifications?

If I can help solve this; please let me know what I can do for you!

• Still crashing with new software. I'm thinking of an android bug. Because i have the same with my facebook app. The first time you open it works then press home button and then it crashes.