This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• Today I have seen the sunrise triggers work for the first time, it was approximately 10 minutes after a scheduled restart. But indeed far from reliable at the moment.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You restarted Homey yesterday-evening I guess?
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited May 2016
    You restarted Homey yesterday-evening I guess?
    I think you missed this one?
    >> it was approximately 10 minutes after a scheduled restart.
    I scheduled it at 5u50 AM ☺
    It even triggered twice the sunrise starts...

• Sunset and sunrise only work once after a reboot
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited May 2016
    Indeed sunset and sunrise working 24 hours then you have to restart. Luckely my homey freezes within 24 hours
  • JanHJanH Member
    No kidding, but my Homey (0.8.32) does switch on a kaku/coco wallswitch at sunset for already a week or so. It's switching off at midnight. Maybe just a lucky shot?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    JanH said:
    No kidding, but my Homey (0.8.32) does switch on a kaku/coco wallswitch at sunset for already a week or so. It's switching off at midnight. Maybe just a lucky shot?
    What flow did you use, who provides the "sunset"-time?
  • woeiwoei Member
    JanH said:
    Well, this kinda sums up the biggest issue till date with Homey for me. It's behaviour isn't consistent and predictable. I am fine with something not working or knowing there is a certain bug which will be solved in 2 months time.

The unpredictability however is a big issue. I can't seem to make it reliable do one thing. I thought i had it running pretty stable initially with KaKu, Hue, Action and some other stuff. Then I install some apps and make some flows (or i don't know what), and the functionality that worked fine for over a week just goes completely apeshit on me.

So I have been waiting for a new version to do a factory reset and start from the ground up. However we have been waiting a couple of weeks now (or at least it feels like it) for a new version and the mysterious "we can't make any statements until Tuesday because of business politics" got me a bit nervous at this point. I surely hope there is some awesome news tomorrow. However I can't imagine what it could possibly be. An acquisition wouldn't help (debatable wether that is positive anyway), great improvements on software don't need to be announced so mysteriously... Argh I probably shouldn't even post this and just wait until tomorrow in stead of sowing more doubt ;-/.
  • JanHJanH Member
    @BasVanDenBosch The most 'kiss' flow you could imagine and I really didnot wonder wherelse the time could come from than from the Athom servers

• @Emile  I know there was a problem with the scroll bar in the Then column. But now i have many flows running and now I have to set my zoom level of Chrome to 50% to see all my flows.
    Will there be a scroll bar added in the next version?
  • btwvince said:
    @Emile  I know there was a problem with the scroll bar in the Then column. But now i have many flows running and now I have to set my zoom level of Chrome to 50% to see all my flows.
    Will there be a scroll bar added in the next version?
    As a workaround you can use this:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1011/simple-stylish-script-to-fix-some-ui-issues 

• @GeurtDijker Thanks for the fast answer! I hope they will implements this css in the next version :)
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited May 2016
      ;)

• 2Be2Be Member
    Hmmm yesterday I had to pull the plug on my Homey. He kept shouting it was going to rain every 5 a 10 minutes. Hue stopt working. Elro sockets stopt working. Kaku stopt working. Only Milight left. Now I need to do a clean install, but if a new software version is going to be released in the next 2 or 3 days I rather wait for that moment or I would have to do all the work again. Difficult choice....
  • JacobJacob Member
    @2Be If I were you Id remove the buienradar app and reboot
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    @Jacob ;;;
    certain flows give problems, certain apps give problems, certain devices give problems, certain settings give problems, etc.

Should I factory reset my Homey and use it as a paper stand?

O and 2 days after 0.8.32 was declared "stable" i did the update, but it didn't solve the bigger problems such as zwave/kaku.
  • DD Member
    I had quite some issues with crashed and z-wave unreliability last week, so this weekend I decided to do a reset+wipe. I re-installed only the Hue, Countdown and Youless apps. Had a lot more apps before like BetterLogic, Buienradar, Harmony Hub etc. but Homey has been running stable for 40 hours straight. Even Z-wave works without any issues.

So either a full wipe cleared some issues or one of the apps I had previously installed caused the issues. Anyone with the same experience?
  • RikPostRikPost Member
    I've got the following apps installed: KAKU, HUE, HTTP, Chromecast, Soundboard, Kodi and e-mail sender.
    15 KAKU devices, 3 HUE lights, 2 chromecasts and 1 Kodi.
    HOMEY didn't crash once since the last update, approximately 2 weeks ago.
    Perhaps buienrader is causing problems?
  • seems like people who use z-wave have the freeze and others don´t?
  • Could be - I have everything BUT Z-wave and my uptime is over a million seconds already. I can't remember it freezing ever.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't use Z-wave, I do use several of the apps that D mentioned (Countdown, BetterLogic, Buienradar, Harmony Hub), and my Homey runs stable as well (no crashes, no freezes). I don't have a lot of flows active, though...
  • mruitermruiter Member

Any forecast on .33..... or do we have to wait until Nasa declares to have found alien life ???

(Well maybee we don't have to wait that long anymore :) )
    https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-announce-latest-kepler-discoveries-during-media-teleconference

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    I have Zwave active and almost all device are "dead".

I only installed a few and small apps;
    1.  Google Chromecast (7.6 MB)
    2.  NetAtmo (5.1 MB)
    3.  Thinking Cleaner (4.5 MB)
    4.  Philips Hue (3.8 MB)
    5.  WebSolarLog (3.8 MB)
    6.  KlikAanKlikUit (3.1 MB)
    7.  Soundboard (826.0 kB)
    8.  Insights (439.9 kB)
    9.  Screensavers (71.5 kB)

almost no crashes, but i do reset/reboot homey a lot of times because of the zwave issues.
    Also KaKu still has several strange and annoying bugs. 

Have about 15 flows created and only 2 or 3 are triggered "automagicly" presence detection(not working) and sun info (also not working).

Triggers based on KaKu are also very unstable and/or triggering multiple times.

Triggers like "you said something" "start cleaning" so Roomba starts, barely not working.

NetAtmo app misses indoor sensors.

Also a bit disappointed about the open but also very closed platform. The platform is open, but its (almost) impossible to run simple custom code.

We have a electric heater in the bathroom which I programmed with my vera3 (simple example);
    If(bathroomLightTriggered && outsideTemp < 15){
    startdelay(3min, function(){
    if(bathroomLight==true){
    ElectricheaterOn;
    }
    });
    }
    This simple example can't be made with the FlowEditor and its also bit strange to build a complete app for this

Until now no things like RROD or crashes, but also almost nothing is working (as expected).....

• BumblezBumblez Member
    mruiter said:

Any forecast on .33..... or do we have to wait until Nasa declares to have found alien life ???

Well, when .33 is released, I surely hope that it will include more fixes for the bigger problems that are currently plagueing Homey. Because right now, the issue list in the 0.8.33 milestone on github doesn't look very promising  :(

• mruitermruiter Member
    github never is correct with all updates that are fixed. they do much more in the underlaying code then hou can find there.
    Github looks more like amquick report your bug sheet for them.

• posthokposthok Member
    edited May 2016
    I think though, whe have a long way to go untill whe have a 100% working homey.
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2016
    @2Be ;@MarcoF 

Trouble shooting: Buien radar multiple mentioning rain and appearing other problems?
    Think simple and reduce the possible causes remove the apparent obvious app, reboot and see what happens

I have Zwave running without problems for the time only motion and a switch
    Hue running without problem altough limited control (no color)
    Netatmo working but no outside module or rain sensor data
    Samsung IR working altough I have the impression onthe the second attempt is received/uinterprated by the TV
    About 10 flows
    Apps: Hue, Betterlogic, Netatmo and Coutdown
    No crashes and no reboots
    I do see some WiFi hickups when surfing the net this is a new phenomena anyone experiencing this?

@posthok
    You will not reach 100% but nor will you with any non safety critical software so get used to that.
    You may appreciate that is the consequence of an innovative product 
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Jacob said:
    @2Be ;@MarcoF 

Trouble shooting: Buien radar multiple mentioning rain and appearing other problems?
    Think simple and reduce the possible causes remove the apparent obvious app, reboot and see what happens

Removing the Buien radar app and rebooting wasn't the solution. Now my Milight's stopped working, but my Hue lights reincarnated.  I used Homey including all the apps for some time without any problems. Am doing a fresh reinstall at the moment.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have deleted Milight and installed again.  Now it works  again  

This discussion has been closed.