This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• You have to select the socket instead of the remote within the kaku app:
    Than you can copy the remote signals.

• There is an update for the app on it's way.
    Maybe that will help?
    I hope this will solve the problem :)
    Any idea when this update will come?
  • 1.1.2 was installed last night...
  • 1.1.2 was installed last night...
    Where can you find the change notes?

• Mine is still on 0.8.32, and I don't see 1.1.2
  • Bumblez said:
    Mine is still on 0.8.32, and I don't see 1.1.2
    Try to look in ur KAKU app
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    Ah, sorry, didn't read the previous posts well enough... I didn't realize you were talking about the KAKU app.
  • Bumblez said:
    Ah, sorry, didn't read the previous posts well enough... I didn't realize you were talking about the KAKU app.
    That would have been a serious bump in version number all of a sudden  :p
  • Yeah, that's why I was quite surprised... :)
  • ok, this is a new bug to me i haven't seen on the forum yet at all.
    This is my settings page menu:

And it is missing 2 options,
    the updates page,
    and the system page

Anybody else ever seen this?

it doesn't get fixed by een power cycle
    (can't reboot normally because the system page is gone obviously)

Update 0.8.32, english and dutch language.
  • caseda said:
    ok, this is a new bug to me i haven't seen on the forum yet at all.
    This is my settings page menu:
    <image>
    And it is missing 2 options,
    the updates page,
    and the system page

Anybody else ever seen this?

it doesn't get fixed by een power cycle
    (can't reboot normally because the system page is gone obviously)

Update 0.8.32, english and dutch language.
    This usually happens when you're not the owner of a homey. Can you confirm you're listed as "Owner" in the user settings page?
  • @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    Aah, that makes sense, that was indeed the case.
    I thank you very much
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited May 2016
    @Emile ; can we expect a new release today? My Homey has been sitting idle for a week now, and I am eager to play with a new version to see if there is improvement. I am under the impression I am not the only one :-)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    A "stable/Beta" release would also be highly appreciated by around 70% of the userbase :smile: 
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited May 2016
    If a "stable/Beta" release is too big a step at this point, *any* sign of progress would be appreciated.
    I'd even be happy with a blog post explaining what's happening right now... did the bi-weekly updates end with Kickstarter?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I disabled auto update. This meanly because in this stage of development I want to decide myself if I want to update to a particular version.

By disabling Auto-update is see this message;
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to go back to safety, but if there's no update available NOR a clear update path NOR a pre-released detailed changelog....... Automagicly updating stays of.

But even if I turn it on, i'm still running a 1 month old firmware release.....
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    That's your own decision. As I said, I'm happy with *any* progress, so I'll keep it on, and stay subscribed to experimental updates.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes that's my decision.
    But even if I turn on auto update, my Homey isn't updated, so why would I turn it on with the risk to overnight receive a highly unstable firmware?
    The risk on receiving a unannounced unstable(?) firmware and crashing my Homey overnight is way to big.

The last 2 firmwares (0.8.30 & 0.8.32) are (on multiple points) (highly) unstable.
    So I don't expect the will mark these firmware's as "stable/beta".

Which means that the "beta/stable" channel will be a next 2-3 weeks on 0.8.29 which then will be 6-7 weeks old.

Not really secure and because most app are developed(by geeks) on the most recent firmware, the risk will be there that app will die.

A more open and clear update path would be very great!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    So basically, what you're saying is, you bought a Homey, knowing that it's still in alpha/beta (test) stage (and that Athom wants feedback on released updates), but you refuse to beta test the updates... okay, it's clear.
  • Bumblez said:
    So basically, what you're saying is, you bought a Homey, knowing that it's still in alpha/beta (test) stage (and that Athom wants feedback on released updates), but you refuse to beta test the updates... okay, it's clear.
    Euh ..... that's what they said about me as wel ..... (though I've tested every beta so far, but stopped reporting errors and bugs .... (no response what so ever ...) still basics not under control i.e. system time still  2 hours off ..... (though it's known s.w. can be very sensitive for that, especially with interconnecting servers .... but I am not allowed to mention that, because I'll get bashed right away .... )
    Still, improvements are made I know even dare to add more switches lights etc, because I don't have to reset everyday :-)
    but for several actions I still don't rely on Homey (yet) and other actions work surprisingly well ...
    Now the Oops has returned ... :( 
    But all together: Keep up the good work!!!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited May 2016
    @ErwinVrieze  ; I agree many of the reported bugs haven't been fixed yet, and they do tend to introduce a couple of new bugs with every release (which is why people like MarcoF are so afraid to update), but yeah, I also see improvements with every update. And it's important that we keep providing feedback on the updates, so that they know which changes were actually improvements, and which changes are still not 100% working, or had undesired side effects.

And is your 'oops' issue in relation to false positives ('OK Homey' training issue), or is there some kind of network problem when you actually say something to your Homey?

With regard to the system time... don't know the exact issue there, but UTC time (GMT0 time, system time) should actually differ 2 hours from the actual time here... the timezone settings should compensate for that. Then again, they definitely do have some time issues (my own system clock is running 30 minutes in advance)
    So right now, my time settings look like this (it's 13:48 right now):

date    2016-05-04T12:18:54.497Z                     <-- to be correct, this should be 11:48, 2 hours behind
    date_dst    true
    date_human    Wednesday 4th May 2016 14:18:54
    timezone    Europe/Amsterdam
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    That time-thing is really strange... Timeserver aren't half an hour off, timezone is correct... I really don't get that....
  • casedacaseda Member
    Then the time issue isn't with all homey's or has been fixxed and you are still in an older firmware, cause the time here is spot on (FW: v0.8.32), maybe a second or 2 behind, but that could be a jquery update thing.
  • @Emile, when can we expect a new experimental version? I cant wait to get rid of my homey speach training, it really messed things up!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    @caseda I'm on 0.8.32 as well, so it isn't a firmware issue. Earlier today Emile sent me an email, in which he suspects that it may be an NTP issue... but I don't have a local NTP server, so I'd love to know how Homey determines what NTP server he should use...
  • I just noticed on https://firmware.athom.com firmware 0.8.32 has no experimental flag so I guess this one will be deployed soon as stable(beta).
  • JonJon Member
    @anyone, especially @Emile: how do we disable 'experimental updates' after enabling it? Some say that you can disable it after resetting Homey, but that turned out to be incorrect...
    I wanted to be on 0.8.32 but would rather not continue on experimentals...
  • @jon Did you reset your homey after the upgrade? If you did, did you completely wipe it?
  • JonJon Member
    @DaneeDeKruyff Yes, I've reset it (actually did that a couple of times). Didn't choose for wipe though, because I didn't want to loose al my apps/flows etc...
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Jon ;
    And there is your answer, you need to wipe homey completely.
    Keep in mind though, your homey will not change "back" to the latest stable release.
This discussion has been closed.