This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• So my conclusion after again a day spent trying to resolve issues introduced with 0.8.32... 

Apparent update within 0.8.32 is breaking working Z-wave devices (polling and z-wave wakeup)  :s
    See also previous post in this topic.

Pre 0.8.32
    • Polling of Greenwave powernode once every 300 seconds... never led to issues over weeks
    • Fibaro motion sensor (v2.7), not perfect, but working
    • Z-wave wakeup interval of 7200 seconds, including illumination, temperature and battery
    • illumination reports every 1800 seconds (actually every 2062)
    • it was possible to lower the z-wave wakeup interval to even 600 seconds, where (as it should) at every wakeup, the complete state of the sensor was updated

Post 0.8.32
    • Polling of Greenwave powernodes is not working anymore... nothing changed to these devices... only data points during every reboot (several today)
    • Fibaro motion sensor still at the same position (~2.5m in clear line of sight to Homey)
    • Fibaro motion sensor is providing illumination reports every 1800 seconds...but only temperature and battery during reboots
    • The Z-wave wakeup interval does not show in Insights; as pre 0.8.32 it should provide additional data points (outside the 2062 sec) for illumination, temperature and battery; but they are not visible in Insights
    • If sensor is past it's wake-up point, it shows as (failed) under settings
    • Motion is still working but most likely another z-wave command class
    • Restart Z-wave chip / reboot provides a single wakeup... and thus only 1 datapoint after reboot
    • Removal and re-adding the motion sensor (2x) does not resolve these issue
    For the record the log: 0E146DB463

No response from @Athom / @Taco on several posts (forum/slack/github)....  :s
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    bartez234 said:
    @caseda @Bumblez Thanks for the tip!
    Is there a way (through flow or API) to erase the voice training without losing flow data?
    As far as we know, there currently is no way to undo voice training without doing a full reset. Hopefully Athom will add such an option in a future version...
  • bartez234 said:
    @caseda @Bumblez Thanks for the tip!
    Is there a way (through flow or API) to erase the voice training without losing flow data?
    Can't be removed for the moment, only a full reset can fix it.
    Voice data management is coming in the future.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    The next update will disable user defined voice training completely, and delete all current trained data. 
  • So my conclusion after again a day spent trying to resolve issues introduced with 0.8.32... 

Apparent update within 0.8.32 is breaking working Z-wave devices (polling and z-wave wakeup)  :s
    See also previous post in this topic.

Pre 0.8.32
    • Polling of Greenwave powernode once every 300 seconds... never led to issues over weeks
    • Fibaro motion sensor (v2.7), not perfect, but working
    • Z-wave wakeup interval of 7200 seconds, including illumination, temperature and battery
    • illumination reports every 1800 seconds (actually every 2062)
    • it was possible to lower the z-wave wakeup interval to even 600 seconds, where (as it should) at every wakeup, the complete state of the sensor was updated

Post 0.8.32
    • Polling of Greenwave powernodes is not working anymore... nothing changed to these devices... only data points during every reboot (several today)
    • Fibaro motion sensor still at the same position (~2.5m in clear line of sight to Homey)
    • Fibaro motion sensor is providing illumination reports every 1800 seconds...but only temperature and battery during reboots
    • The Z-wave wakeup interval does not show in Insights; as pre 0.8.32 it should provide additional data points (outside the 2062 sec) for illumination, temperature and battery; but they are not visible in Insights
    • If sensor is past it's wake-up point, it shows as (failed) under settings
    • Motion is still working but most likely another z-wave command class
    • Restart Z-wave chip / reboot provides a single wakeup... and thus only 1 datapoint after reboot
    • Removal and re-adding the motion sensor (2x) does not resolve these issue
    For the record the log: 0E146DB463

No response from @Athom / @Taco on several posts (forum/slack/github)....  :s
    Note to myself  ;)
    Z-wave wakeup is apparently working...

I changed (on suggestion of @BasVanDenBosch) parameter 80 (blinking led), saved the settings and did not manually update the motion sensor.. 

After 2 hours (7200), I again have a blinking light (wake-up succesfull)... but at the same timestamp no data from illumination, temp and battery (whereas pre 0.8.32) this data was provided
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Emile said:
    The next update will disable user defined voice training completely, and delete all current trained data. 
    Perfect! I didn't want to wipe everything, because "never change a running system" ;)
  • Having problems here after adding my Homey as a 2nd controller to my Fibaro HC2. After a restart it appears that there is a port or something that is getting blocked as I cannot connect to my Homey via my.athom.com even though my router shows that  Homey is connected and has access to the internet. I have also tried pinging and all pings are received by Homey. when trying to log on my.athom.com web page reports that homey is offline?

I also had this issue with 0.8.30 and it was necessary to full reset including wiping the user settings, as a reset whilst keeping the user settings did not resolve the issue.

As I have added a lot of sensors and flows, it would be preferable if this problem could be solved in another way then a full reset, but unfortunately we do not have telnet or ftp access. Are there any plans to make this available in the future?

Does anyone else have a similar experience as I have not read this anywhere yet.
  • This update solved for me the Harmony Hub installation issue, so that's great! I did however, make Z-wave unstable and especially the Fibaro Wall Plug I am using. It looks like Homey looses connection to it after some time.

I have a flow which is in the morning is triggered by the motion sensor. The idea is that the Wall Plug switches on and the radio starts. This was working very well, up until .32. The wall plug is not switched on anymore. I have no idea what the problem is. Reinstall/adding the plug again did not solve the issue.
  • Emile said:
    Voice training isn't going to be used anymore because it works pretty much perfectly without? Or is this just until something else is put in place?
  • Fire69 said:
    Emile said:
    Voice training isn't going to be used anymore because it works pretty much perfectly without? Or is this just until something else is put in place?
    The 'ok homey' part works perfectly without voice training.

• The 'ok homey' part works perfectly without voice training.

Unfortunately only the 'ok homey' and the chuck norris jokes :D  works for me. Zwave was unusable in 0.8.29, removed all devices, tried with 0.8.32 experimental, same here.
  • @Taco @Emile

I did the upgrade to v0.8.32 this Wednesday, and ever since my Homey will freeze at least once a day.
    When it happens, also the LED Ring activity (Rainbow effect) is fully frozen.

Does anyone else experience this too?

Tonight i will do a complete reset and check again. If it will happen again then I'll submit the log to Athom for further analysis.

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited April 2016
    @mvdkallen
    Also running .32 but no issues.

Could be an app or flow? Maybe, if your up to it, document all flows, apps and there settings and every day remove suspicious flows and apps and document when you removed which app and flow.
    Have a ping logger pinging your Homey to see when your Homey crashes.

Again, if your up to it 
  • mvdkallen said:
    @Taco @Emile

I did the upgrade to v0.8.32 this Wednesday, and ever since my Homey will freeze at least once a day.
    When it happens, also the LED Ring activity (Rainbow effect) is fully frozen.

Does anyone else experience this too?

Tonight i will do a complete reset and check again. If it will happen again then I'll submit the log to Athom for further analysis.

Yes, this happens to me yesterday once.
    In browser I suddenly got a message from chrome itself which stated "true" and then homey was completely frozen.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016

And from what I gather, that's the only thing that the voice training is used for. All other voice data is sent to the speech-to-text servers for processing anyway.

Also, haven't had any stability problems on .32 so far, so yeah, I agree with Robin... this may be related to a certain app or flow you have running (infinite loop, maybe?).
  • Fire69 said:
    Emile said:

That's what I said  :p
  • wauw, i did not like that update :( i was getting ready to hit the bar, and then there was a red ring!

even after a reset with a save settings, it did not respond.
    then i had to reset homey and wipe all settings

(hating the moment, not the update fact :) )
  • caseda said:
    Yes, this happens to me yesterday once.
    In browser I suddenly got a message from chrome itself which stated "true" and then homey was completely frozen.
    Same message here atm, only thing is i am on 0.8.29.
    Not reachable anymore.
  • Ok, things i noticed so far:

- Homey seems to be a little faster, but crashes on me once every two or three day's. Not sure what causes it, but will try to find a cause next week. (since it's crashed, i think a log is of no use... right?)
    - Presence seems to be off, not noticing whether i'm home or not.
    - Push notifications seem to be off as well, not getting any response. Maybe because of the beta?

I'm at work right now, so cannot get my homey back to life, usually unplugging it from the power, wait a few seconds and plugging it back in solves the problem for a few days...

Any thoughts?
    Tnx! :)

• I delete my KAKU devices and try to pair it again, but no response from the remote to the homey:

So, KAKU was working with 0.8.30, but not with firmware 0.8.32

• I delete my KAKU devices and try to pair it again, but no response from the remote to the homey:

Try re-installing the app?
  • And the orange led is disappeared when I reboot the homey.

• @MathijsFrencken ;
    I re-install the app, but also that is not working.

• Kaku was not working after i updated to 0.8.32. Then i disconnect the power plug for 1 minute. Now kaku is working again.  :) 
  • @robertbusscher ;
    you will have to have some patience, the 433 mhz chip sometimes just doesn't want to talk to homey, this can be resolved sometimes by restarting homey, sometimes bij power cycling the unit, but sometimes it needs multiple reboots or just to have so time being on to have gone by before a reboot to make the chip work again.
  • It's the patience I think.. Power off the homey with the cable, wait for 1 minute and plug in again works fore me. My KAKU devices are recognized (again) and the homey received the signals from the KAKU remote device. 
  • For me, disabeling the KAKU-app and re-enabeling it worked...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    Little update on the "true" message i got from chrome yesterday.

Today i had it as wel (while being busy with some flow adding/changing) i had the same message again, except this time it was shortly after i tried to save a new flow, which caused it to probably corrupt the data.
    Because after a power cycle it gave me a red ring. 
    So i tried to reset it, with keeping data, it kept loading/booting. (for about an hour and a half)
    So power cycled again with the end result of a red ring again (corrupt data?)
    So now i reset it without keeping the data and i boots up fine, though its a pain in to ass the start all over again.

Luckily because i am trying to squish another bug with the need to full reset also, i am backing up my flows manually in an excel file.
    though its still a pain in the ass with 51 flows... to put them back one by one. (it's not the first time as wel)

What i noticed so you can try to avoid to corrupt your data, homey becomes pretty slow with loading and saving your flows.
    So stop what you are doing and don't even try to save the flow you are busy with.
    And take a look in the settings page what your average loads are.
    If you feel it is getting faster again you could try to continue if not just take a reboot (maybe save/send a log for athom to debug afterwards before rebooting), if the error happens you need to reboot anyway.

The reason is probably(?) the garbage collection athom is using, can't think of another thing that could cause this

Same here, did everything but nothing helps. I hope they will solve this, everything worked in the previous versions
  • There is an update for the app on it's way.
    Maybe that will help?
This discussion has been closed.