This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    @superice, does the app use the language settings defined in Homey, or only English?
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/18878/#Comment_18878
    @superice, any comments on this? 
    I'd have to look it up, but I think the 1.x branch uses the language of the phone, 2.x has no localization yet, so english only. Would you prefer localization by phone or by Homey?
  • superice said:
    I'd have to look it up, but I think the 1.x branch uses the language of the phone, 2.x has no localization yet, so english only. Would you prefer localization by phone or by Homey?
    I guess by Homey would be the most logical? 
    If your Homey is set to dutch, and through the app you send it 'lights on', Homey won't understand what you've said, right? 
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited April 2016
    Update 2.0 beta 3 build 37 of tonight solved the zones problem!
  • Fire69 said:
    superice said:
    If your Homey is set to dutch, and through the app you send it 'lights on', Homey won't understand what you've said, right? 
    I'd say phone because the voice language on the phone, in the app, shouldn't matter because my guess is that's handled by homey and not by the phone?
  • @superice: Well done. What's next?
  • Fire69 said:
    superice said:
    I'd say phone because the voice language on the phone, in the app, shouldn't matter because my guess is that's handled by homey and not by the phone?
    My Homey is in Dutch, my phone in English. 
    The app now only uses English, and that's what is being sent to Homey. 
    Result is that Homey doesn't understand me... 

I think the app should check what your Homey is set to. 
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited April 2016
    HansieNL said:
    @superice: Well done. What's next?
    Thanks. I'm working on push notifications on Android in a separate branch, so work on that continues, although I'd have to wait for a open source library to update to deploy "Athom Notifications 2.0", so that may have to wait.

Next up are probably geofencing for home detection and speech-output through the app, and of course some small things like localization.

Fire69 said:
    My Homey is in Dutch, my phone in English. 
    The app now only uses English, and that's what is being sent to Homey. 
    Result is that Homey doesn't understand me... 

I think the app should check what your Homey is set to. 
    Yes, I think you are right. Thanks for your input!
  • superice said:

Yes, I think you are right. Thanks for your input!
    No problem, we have to thank you for your hard work on this!  <3
  • I think I'm going to ask a silly question. But how works speech recognition in the app? The line doesn't change to orange when I trying to say 'OK Homey'
  • I think I'm going to ask a silly question. But how works speech recognition in the app? The line doesn't change to orange when I trying to say 'OK Homey'
    Well, it should! Does the speech wave go up and down with your voice when talking, because that would indicate the recording is running, but the trigger phrase ('OK Homey') doesn't get recognized.

Are you running the 1.x-branch, or the 2.x beta version? You can check that in the bottom right corner of the navigation drawer on the left side.
  • Henri06522Henri06522 Member
    edited April 2016
    superice said:
    I think I'm going to ask a silly question. But how works speech recognition in the app? The line doesn't change to orange when I trying to say 'OK Homey'
    Well, it should! Does the speech wave go up and down with your voice when talking, because that would indicate the recording is running, but the trigger phrase ('OK Homey') doesn't get recognized.

Are you running the 1.x-branch, or the 2.x beta version? You can check that in the bottom right corner of the navigation drawer on the left side.
    Hello,

Thank you for your response!
    I'm running the 1.x version. And yes I see the speech wave go up and down. 

• HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited April 2016
    @superice:
    Sometimes I switch off the microphone, but it's hard to switch the mic on with a phone. Will you add an on/off button in the app?
    Thx in advance.
  • Can't install the Official app on my tablet. Perhaps it's a bit too 'exotic' since it's not sold in Europe. Any change of getting it installed on my Nokia N1?
  • Perhaps you could add some more information about your tablet? 
  • @MarcoF The Nokia N1 is a tablet  ;) 
    http://n1.nokia.com/en
  • MarcoF said:
    Perhaps you could add some more information about your tablet
    Ah ok, I thought is was a smartphone.... 

It's easy to just say: 
    Can't install the Official app 

Maybe he can provide some more information about this exotic table such as which OS version it's running, screen resolution(tablets are officially not supported because of res.) and everything that also could be important. 

This way @superice just can concentrate on developing and not gathering info. 

• MarcoF said:
    MarcoF said:
    Perhaps you could add some more information about your tablet
    Ah ok, I thought is was a smartphone.... 

It's easy to just say: 
    Can't install the Official app 

Maybe he can provide some more information about this exotic table such as which OS version it's running, screen resolution(tablets are officially not supported because of res.) and everything that also could be important. 

This way @superice just can concentrate on developing and not gathering info. 

See the link I provided in the previous post for specs
  • JonJon Member
    Hey @superice I have a crashing app as well. I'm on version 1.1.6. When do you think a version is available in Google Play that fixes this crash issue? 
  • I would like to see that I can trigger a flow using the app on my phone without using speech. I noticed that the speech recognition is far from fullproof and it would be nice just to start a trigger using the app. For now I have way to many faults using the speech recognition.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Feature request:
    If possible it would be awesome if you implement that if you scan an NFC-Tag on your phone while the Homey-App is open, it triggers all related flows, like homey would do.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    pascal said:
    I would like to see that I can trigger a flow using the app on my phone without using speech. I noticed that the speech recognition is far from fullproof and it would be nice just to start a trigger using the app. For now I have way to many faults using the speech recognition.
    You could create a dummy "action" or "kaku" wallplug. If you choose the option to generate a new signal you don't need a remote or plug to create a device. Then you can control this actions with the main screen of the android-app.

• Could someone give an ETA on the iOS app?
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited May 2016
    Tim_Brass said:
    Could someone give an ETA on the iOS app?
    It's a work in progress. We're trying to get it through the App Store reviewing process, and in the meantime we're still fixing bugs. We're hoping to release it somewhere next week. (But that's not a hard promise!)
  • You could create a dummy "action" or "kaku" wallplug. If you choose the option to generate a new signal you don't need a remote or plug to create a device. Then you can control this actions with the main screen of the android-app.
    Nice workaround! Works like a charm.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Yesterday I was testing Z-wave reach and routing through my house. At our attic (4th floor) WiFi reach is very poor but sometimes the Smartphone picks it up. While the phone is switching between WiFi and 4G the app is unresponsive and controlling devices is not possible.

O I'm using the latest Android Beta app( 2.0-beta.3 - build 37)

Don't no where to put "issue" like this, so I post it here....
  • MarcoF said:
    When the phone is switching connections there is no active connection to use, so controlling devices is not possible until you get a solid connection again. Had the same problem with Domoticz and my attic, I installed a wifi access point there and now connection also rocks at the 2nd floor, which was a bit shady sometimes before (concrete floor..).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    I'm fully aware of the fact a network connection is needed to control devices and maybe the "controlling devices" was not the best example.
    While switching networks the whole app became unresponsive. Sliding through devices, switching zones, all became slow/stuttering/etc.
  • MarcoF said:
    I'm fully aware of the fact a network connection is needed to control devices and maybe the "controlling devices" was not the best example.
    While switching networks the whole app became unresponsive. Sliding through devices, switching zones, all became slow/stuttering/etc.
    Is this the 1.x versions or the 2.x beta variants you're talking about?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    MarcoF said:

• MarcoF said:
    MarcoF said:

Sorry, missed that sentence. I'll see if I can fix it, the app should ofcourse never become unresponsive! Thanks for the report.