This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• cautjecautje Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi, how about push. Is it working ? I dont get one. THX!
  • cautje said:
    Hi, how about puch. Is it working ? I dont get one. THX!
    Yes and no. It is not working in the beta version yet, but once the app will be released to the stable channel, it will contain a rewritten version. I have rewritten both the code in the app as well as the code running on our servers to make it more stable and to accommodate for some upcoming features :)
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited April 2016
    I just pushed version 2.0-beta.1 (build 35) to the beta channel! Within a few hours, the app should update automatically (although that normally only happens when the phone is charging, so you might want to update manually)

There are still some features missing in this rewrite, so if you want a stable and feature-rich app, please keep on using version 1.1.6.

Signing up for the beta can be done here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.athom.homey
  • Signed up and will be testing later.
  • Cant wait to get it :)

• Signed up and ready to test  :)
  • @superice 
    THX! i will test it
  • Did someone receive the update yet?
  • No i didn't. I have clear the cache and deinstall the offical app and i have try to load the beta over the App testing site, i see only the offical app
  • Is there a feature request page somewhere?

I would like to be able to trigger a (or any) flow using the android app. this would be especially useful in the short term, while Voice Recognition on Homey is not usable, but also handy later, as sometimes you really want a flow that is triggered by a button.  I am pretty sure it is already on the feature request list...? :)
  • Weezul said:
    Is there a feature request page somewhere?

I would like to be able to trigger a (or any) flow using the android app. this would be especially useful in the short term, while Voice Recognition on Homey is not usable, but also handy later, as sometimes you really want a flow that is triggered by a button.  I am pretty sure it is already on the feature request list...? :)
    Yes, we're working on Android widgets, so you'll be able to add a button on your homescreen which triggers a flow directly ;)
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    Today I updated the Android app to v1.1.6. both at my phone and my Samsung Tab2. After that both devices say "sorry, this Homey is not connected". Before the update (so till this morning) the app was OK.
    What can be the reason?
  • supericesuperice Member
    edited April 2016
    JanH said:
    Today I updated the Android app to v1.1.6. both at my phone and my Samsung Tab2. After that both devices say "sorry, this Homey is not connected". Before the update (so till this morning) the app was OK.
    What can be the reason?
    The 'Sorry, this Homey is not connected'-error is not an app error, but rather a My Athom one. Which means you either run a pretty old Homey version (< 0.8.27) or your Homey is actually not connected to My Athom. Can you reach your Homey through your browser by navigating to my.athom.com? When you navigate to your Homey, can you append '/manager/mobile/' (without the quotes) to the end of the URL to check whether you can reach the mobile cards view?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    The 'Sorry, this Homey is not connected'-error is not an app error, but rather a My Athom one. Which means you either run a pretty old Homey version (< 0.8.27) or your Homey is actually not connected to My Athom. Can you reach your Homey through your browser by navigating to my.athom.com? When you navigate to your Homey, can you append '/manager/mobile/' (without the quotes) to the end of the URL to check whether you can reach the mobile cards view?
    Homey's can't be reached from my.athom.com at the moment... Also not from the webinterface....
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    Homey's can't be reached from my.athom.com at the moment... Also not from the webinterface....
    Yes, it seems to be a serverrelated case. Webbased there were some short breaks in the last few minutes. Homey reacted with a lot of oopses.... Now it seems to be OK again. By the way, my Homey version is 0.8.30.

And (edit) both android apps are also back on track
  • Just installed 2.0 beta 1 B35, but doesn't see any devices?
  • HansieNL said:
    Just installed 2.0 beta 1 B35, but doesn't see any devices?
    Same issue here, only on the first zone loaded a device is shown. When browsing to an other zone the devices are not displayed
  • Same here. No devices shown in the beta  version 
  • HansieNL said:
    Same issue here, only on the first zone loaded a device is shown. When browsing to an other zone the devices are not displayed
    Interesting, I'll see if I can reproduce that...
  • superice said:
    HansieNL said:
    Interesting, I'll see if I can reproduce that...
    For me it happens on Galaxy s7 edge, latest android version

• @superice: Is disabling voice recognition not possible anymore in the new Beta version?
  • HansieNL said:
    @superice: Is disabling voice recognition not possible anymore in the new Beta version?
    Not yet. The settings page is not done yet, but it will be possible again in the near future.
  • superice said:
    HansieNL said:
    @superice: Is disabling voice recognition not possible anymore in the new Beta version?
    Not yet. The settings page is not done yet, but it will be possible again in the near future.
    Thx for the quick response. Hope you can fix the other problem with the app asap.
  • After tinkering with my Homey for a couple of days it's time to share some issue I got into :wink: .
    I've got the android app (V1.1.6) installed on a Huawei G750 running Android 4.2.2
    I know it's the lowest support level of android.....however:

The app starts fine, I can log in, I even see the zones I created, but no devices. Nor do I get the message "No devices in this zone". I installed the same app on a Lenovo tablet running Androis 5.? and that works just fine.

Reinstalling the app doesn't work, already  tried that one :smile: 

Any ideas?? (besides a new phone)
  • Just installed the new beta, and I have the voice bar! Yeah!  :)

No devices though  :p
  • Nog devices
  • Yeah i sitting in Maastricht and now the micro works on the S7 edge, i turned the lights on from here in Germany!  Thanks for your hard Work!!!! 
  • Hello 

The app on my phone shhows no devices. I installed the app. When I change the name of the livingroom in another name it changes in the app to but I do not se the devces I connected to the Homey. I tried it on two other phones with the same result. I thought may be it will change downloading the beta app. But same result, no devices were shown and yes I went to the right room. What am I doing wrong?
  • The issue with the latest beta not showing devices is actually an issue that it won't switch zone. It keeps showing the devices from the home zone even after switching to another.
  • Good find!  Should be an easy fix then! :smile: