This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Speach is not recognizing my voice

I try an try to give voice (spoken) commands to Homey. I tried to learn Homey my voice. It does not recognize is. Even with the /manager/speech-input/ i do see text that I have spoken but none of it is in line with the commands I give. It simply does not work. 

Strange since yoru demo's work like a charm. Am i doing something wrong?  I have been articulating very clear but nothing seems to work. 

Are you going to make any impovements soon or any other advice? I especially like to work with Homey with spoken commands. For now i'm a bit dissapointed. Tried it in English and Dutch but it makes no difference. 

Greetings Arthur

Comments

• Can u give some examples of what u said and what Homey thought u said?
  • I made a flow to listen to "Lamp keuken", but Homey heard "longkanker"?? Or sometimes it only picks up "keuken".
  • Arthur27 said:
    Even with the /manager/speech-input/ i do see text that I have spoken but none of it is in line with the commands I give.
    I'm not sure I understand. With speech-input you can type, and Homey "understands". Does that still not work, or is it just the speech2text? If it's the latter, I agree 100%. Speech recognition is a joke. It understand basic words, but try to say wikipedia. I really hope they will improve this. I wonder if it was better before release.
  • The first 2 days i got homey, the voice worked very well! today homey understand almost nothing anymore.

Ok Homey is working about 80% right, after that nothing, even not Time, Date, how are you, en so on.

Was there a version update?

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    Gerjan said:

The first 2 days i got homey, the voice worked very well! today homey understand almost nothing anymore.

Ok Homey is working about 80% right, after that nothing, even not Time, Date, how are you, en so on.

It have never worked properly for me, I actualy disabled both the mic and LED ring until problems are solved.

I am not even able to ask for the time in Dutch.
  • p0nts said:

Try asking: "Wat is de tijd?" instead of "Hoe laat is het?"
    That (sometimes) worked for me.
  • Hello,

I agree....the voice recognition is very poor, in english or dutch it makes no differences.

Yesterday in the morning It works for 60%, in the evening it was about 20%....maybe the servers are too busy in the evenening?

Firmware 0.8.30

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    Vincent said:
    p0nts said:

Try asking: "Wat is de tijd?" instead of "Hoe laat is het?"
    That (sometimes) worked for me.
    not for me hehe :) calibrating my voice takes me around 15 minutes as well, it keeps showing a red ring.

Will give it some time and try again later, didn't buy it to speak towards it anyway (just want homey to talk sometimes)
  • Gerjan said:

The first 2 days i got homey, the voice worked very well! today homey understand almost nothing anymore.

thats what happend whit me also.
    first few day resonabel reconicion, then bad listning.

wat is de tijd      seems working better,  only when its very stil
  • Hey Team,

i have the same problem. It doesn't understand nothing. I wrote in the flowmanager that homee has to start youtube on the words "youtube on", but he doesn't understand anything. If i start the testflow, the scene works well.

It's possible to help you to translate the app to german?

regards
    David
  • Still have been testing so far not working )-:
  • AppieAppie Member
    As said in other discussions, start without the voice calibatrion. I didn't calibrate, started straight out-of-the-box, voice (bothe English and Dutch) work nice. Yesterday, even Wikipedia was 9 out of 10!

Voice calibating makes things worse for a number of people....
  • Appie said:
    As said in other discussions, start without the voice calibatrion. I didn't calibrate, started straight out-of-the-box, voice (bothe English and Dutch) work nice. Yesterday, even Wikipedia was 9 out of 10!

Same here. No voice calibration and recognition is awesome (in Dutch).
  • Appie said:

I didn't calibrate my voice, the first 2 days where very good, after that almost nothing anymore.

tried english and dutch

• Since the voice feedback in the Android app is working now, I was experimenting a little with Kodi.
    My Homey is set to Dutch, voice recognition is horrible.

I wanted to try and start a movie through the app and check the /voice-input.
    I said 'speel film the fifth wave', this is what I got:

It seems like, while my Homey is set to Dutch, it interprets my speech as English.
    When set to Dutch, it shouldn't be returning English results, right?

Could this be the reason why many people have problems with the speech?
  • The android app only understands English I noticed today... And does a good job in that BTW.
  • Hm, that's weird... It should just use Homey settings.  I'll check in the app thread.
  • The speech recognition is giving me mixed  results as well, currently not good enough to be terribly useful.

A few examples:
    "turn the tv off" => "turn the key all"
    "turn on the tv" => "300" (whut?)