This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• JonJon Member
    hi @Jorden, yes, the log says:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    https://56cefa9a8081735d022345600.homey.athom.com/api/manager/drivers/pair/close?_=1464587169519
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
     (i have changed the above numbers a little bit for security purposes)
    Also I must mention that I am at work, and so I'm trying to install the surveillance station from outside my home network.
    8.0.30 is not required?
  • Someone in this thread mentioned it worked on 0.8.29 so I changed the required version number (I am unable to test it myself).

Are you sure of the IP-address, and are you sure that the username that you supply does not require 2 factor authentication?
    Sadly I cannot see the logfiles, I might have to spend some time in better error reporting :expressionless: 
  • JonJon Member
    @jorden
    Yes, I kinda 'hate' 2-factor auth. so I haven't enabled that.
    The IP-address is 100% correct, I am sure of that.
    Could the reason be that I'm outside of my home network?

• jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    No, I think that should work. I am also outside of the network my NAS is in and was able to add it without a problem. Just as long as the Homey is in the same network as your NAS.

Does it run on port 5000 as is default? 

I just tested it from a clean install and had no problems, so it might be the settings somehow.

(PS: If you go to Settings -> System, how big does it show the Synology app? Here it shows as 3.6 MB)
  • JonJon Member
    @jorden
    Here too, 3,6 MB
    I have searched, but could you specify where to check which port my Synology is running on?

• jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    If you access the NAS in your browser, you will go to :5000">http://<localip>:5000 (or in your case, possibly a different port?)

I have not made it possible to change the port in the Homey application but if that is the case, I will add that in an update.

Also please let me know which version of Diskstation Manager (DSM) you run.
  • JonJon Member
    jorden said:
    If you access the NAS in your browser, you will go to :5000" title="Link: http://:5000">http://<localip>:5000 (or in your case, possibly a different port?)

I have not made it possible to change the port in the Homey application but if that is the case, I will add that in an update.

Also please let me know which version of Diskstation Manager (DSM) you run.
    Okay @Jorden, it appears indeed that it's the port issue.
    When I change the port to 5000 it works.
    It would be great if you can adjust your app to support custom ports. When do you think this may be added?
  • Well, as tomorrow I won't be around, I will try to make it by thursday. Then the app will have to be re-approved before it gets updated in the app store, which might take a few days.

Great to see that that's the only problem :)
  • JonJon Member
    That would be great!
    So far yes that's the only problem. But I haven't done much further testing I must say.
    Great work so far! (and compliments for being so responsive!)
  • Will do some testing later today , but the setup is done !  

Can we use port 465 on mail ? 

• Yeah, on mail I actually already built the ability to set a custom port  :#
  • Great idea...
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited April 2016
    It's CTRL-SHIFT-J for Chrome on Windows console log
  • Very cool. Great job!
    I'll wait til the next version comes up.
  • I'm very happy with this app!!!
    But it seems it's not sending any snapshot by mail. I Have used gmail smtp but when a snapshot is triggert in a flow it keeps busy and nothing else is happening. Am i doing something wrong?
    settings: username: name@gmail.com 
                     smtp: smtp.gmail.com
                     port: 587
                     sender: name@gmail.com
  • Do you have 2factor authentication configured for your gmail account?? I think that's the reason why I couldn't get it to work with my gmail address.... I've setup a smtp server on the Synology to work around this ;-)
  • no there is no 2factor authentication configured.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    Just today I ran into an issue with OL2007 not connecting to gmail-imap because there's a (new?) setting "allow apps with lower security-setting" which wasn't on...

• PeaoPeao Member
    Installing worked fine, it found my NAS and my Foscam. But the commands seem to get stuck somewhere. When I "test" my flow the little grey wheel in the top left corner keeps spinning. 

DS211j
    Foscam FI8918W
  • I have tried Gmail as well and got a security message about a 'log attempt blocked'. But that might be because I used port 25 and no tls.
  • Is there anyone who got this working. And yes, what mail settings do you use.
  • Is is normal after returning to the mail form in surveillance settings the former input is gone?
  • edited April 2016
    @posthok ; I experienced the same issue, was gone after rebooting Homey. Can't tell if it's a bug in the app or with Homeys firmware....

Edit: I configured a mail server on my Synology using the SMTP from my ISP. Within the Surveillance Station App for Homey I configured the Synology as smtp host.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Peao said:
    Installing worked fine, it found my NAS and my Foscam. But the commands seem to get stuck somewhere. When I "test" my flow the little grey wheel in the top left corner keeps spinning. 

DS211j
    Foscam FI8918W
    Its working now.
    But I've got the same problem with gmail adress. Got a mail message about "blocked attempt", too.
  • Stil no message received and 2factor authentication is off.
    Is'nt it possible to make an app to play music(playlist) from audiostation to the yamaha receiver. That would be great!
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/16524/#Comment_16524
    but lets keep this topic about surveillance station...
  • PeaoPeao Member
    posthok said:
    Is there anyone who got this working. And yes, what mail settings do you use.
    I am having the same question; is there any free webmail that works with this?
  • Try to use the SMTP of your internet provider?

I am a webhoster myself, so I just used my own SMTP server, which worked. I couldn't get GMail to work on the first try so I stopped trying there.
  • the provider setting don't Work either.
  • I have submitted version 1.0.1 to the app store for approval. If you cannot wait, install it through https://github.com/jordenc/com.synology.surveillance via the commandline.

It features the ability to set a custom port for your NAS.
    Also shows an error if it was unable to connect because of IP / port problems. I still have to work on better error reporting, as well as some other stuff.