This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

Comments

• SommoSommo Member
    hi to all!
    i installed 2 fibaro motion sensor V2.7, after intial trouble (i never had a fibaro home center, and i'm new in z-wave devices.. never know what node/group means)..now i have both of them working, but i have some doubt after reading all fibaro post:

1)none of mine fibaro motion have a zwave group associations (when u looking into device parameters), but they works ok, alarm/temperature get trigger correctly into flow with hue, and can see them into insights,
    how is it possible?

2)never changed homey zwave parameters, group id default is 1, right?

3)after some days of testing, i will trying to fine tuning them adding parameters.. is there anyone can suggest, some good setting, different by the default that make better users experience? (for example, make them give feedback temperature color? now the light up only when motion is detected, and in that case i see for milliseconds the color)
  • SommoSommo Member
    Lux parameters feedback seems to low, one of the motion sensor is right now in the living room and is bright now, but it says 81lux, is it normal?
  • Sommo said:
    Lux parameters feedback seems to low, one of the motion sensor is right now in the living room and is bright now, but it says 81lux, is it normal?
    @Sommo what is your experience so far?
    Where you able to get decent results (in Lux feedback) with changing the parameters?
  • SommoSommo Member
    @TedTolboom hi!, sincerly the lux value becomes good, but 2 days ago i turned off homey.. too much trouble.. and 0.8.30 didn't fixed anything.. so for now i didn't upgrade to the new firmware (and for what i read i think i will never upgrade to experimental), but the zwave response good..(0.8.29)...but i have the same problem of all comunity, randomly, installing new app, adding new device, make some other not responsive...(zwave included).
    i have these devices that randomly works together:
    4 philips hue
    2 zwave motion detection
    1 yamaha avr
    and sometimes randomly stop working each other

these features never got working:
    ir (learning), what i assume is that IR function works only with NL ir device
    NFC, need to check other cards/keys (what i have, 3 different badge that are not compatible)

• brot84brot84 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have edit the parameter 42 too, 800 seconds now i have 3400 lux (10:00) am, what data you  have in the Morning? Today is sunny @home
    Has anyone edit the parameter 40 too?  In a german forum siio.de has wrote about the Problem that are the lux Data are wrong e. G.  In the Morning 4lux in the evening 150lux etc.

http://www.siio.de/lichtschatten/fibaro-motion-eye-empfindlichkeit-der-helligkeit-einstellen-lux/
  • SommoSommo Member
    never edit a parameters of fibaro motion, lux seems good 3 days ago, fibaro need some minutes to adjust lux sensity, but now i turned off homey... so i don't know... another matter question is that i didn't find the trigger "if lux goes under x lux".. but only "changed lux", is right or am i missing something?

• @Sommo you can use logic, drag the 'lux' card to the second column. You don't need a trigger 'if lux goes under xxx' because you have a trigger 'lux changed'. 
  • Multisensor works well here since the reboot after installing 0.8.30. However, as you can see the battery is not 'updated'. But that might be a feature, not a bug, since it didn't change.

The Generic alarm also works well. As opposed to the FloodSensor, which doesn't work well at all...

Here are the settings I use for the multi sensor: 

• PandaPanda Member
    edited April 2016
    Just received my Fibaro motion sensor (1st version), I can add it with Homey, but flows don't seem to work.

Why is there no card called motion detected, or do I need to use generic alarm (which doesn't work)?

I'm on version 0.8.30 and added the sensor to group association 3.

Edit: Seems to work now after putting group 3 to 1 and triple click the button.
  • Panda said:
    Just received my Fibaro motion sensor (1st version), I can add it with Homey, but flows don't seem to work.

Why is there no card called motion detected, or do I need to use generic alarm (which doesn't work)?

You indeed have to use generic alarm for movement
  • Is there already someone out there that has succesfully paired the 2nd gen Fibaro multisensor with zwave plus (Fibaro FGMS-001 ZW5)? I'm planning on buying one but would be nice to know if it pairs.
  • BramSlootBramSloot Member
    edited April 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Is there already someone out there that has succesfully paired the 2nd gen Fibaro multisensor with zwave plus (Fibaro FGMS-001 ZW5)? I'm planning on buying one but would be nice to know if it pairs.
    Yes, Motion+ Alarm+ Lux are showing up in the device card. Motion triggers only 1 time the flow, then not anymore until restart. No temp or humidity as of yet.
  • Panda said:

@Panda can you share a screenshot of your data as visible on Insights?
    Is Homey's ID still visible in Group 3 under settings of the motion sensor?
  • PandaPanda Member
    @TedTolboom Just plugged Homey back in this morning, unplugged it yesterday because of all the oops can not find the server errors.

• BramSloot said:
    No temp or humidity as of yet.
    I've been googling around but can't find anywhere that the new version supports humidity.
    You sure?
  • Fire69 said:
    BramSloot said:
    No temp or humidity as of yet.
    I've been googling around but can't find anywhere that the new version supports humidity.
    You sure?
    True, my mistake! only the Aeotec Multisensor has humidity.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Is there already someone out there that has succesfully paired the 2nd gen Fibaro multisensor with zwave plus (Fibaro FGMS-001 ZW5)? I'm planning on buying one but would be nice to know if it pairs.
    Yes! Received Homey today and this multisensor was my secondly installed device. All 4 functions are ok. Temp, movement and luminance are also doing well in flows.
  • JanH said:
    Phuturist said:
    Yes! Received Homey today and this multisensor was my secondly installed device. All 4 functions are ok. Temp, movement and luminance are also doing well in flows.
    great!! but wich firmware are you on?
  • JanHJanH Member
    @WathLamers ; 0.8.30
  • Just some feedback on my update interval "issue" Github #464:

Yesterday, I changed the ILLUMINATION REPORTS INTERVAL (parameter 42) from 300 to 1800 (based on good results from @jorden)
    Z-wave Configuration Data: 80,1,0;89,1,0;40,2,5;42,2,1800
    After this change,  illumination data is also reported in between Z-wave wakeup intervals...
    • With 300 seconds interval, illumination data every 7200 seconds = Z-wave wakeup interval at 7200
    • With 1800 seconds interval, illumination data every 2062 seconds (15% offset compared to actual settings, but similar to other reports)

I will start lowering this interval to determine if there is a lower interval where data is still send in between wakeup intervals
  • scoczscocz Member
    I cant get it to work. I've added it in group 3, later added association ti group 1 and it still wont work properly. What am i doing wrong?
  • JanHJanH Member
    scocz said:
    I cant get it to work. I've added it in group 3, later added association ti group 1 and it still wont work properly. What am i doing wrong?
    I sent you an answer on your PM
  • Had the same problem scocz said:

Just install it and wait one night. It worked when I woked up   o:)
  • TacoTaco Member
    Sounds like the sensor hasn't been woken up after you've saved the settings. Battery devices only wake up after a given (long) interval and then the settings are applied to your device. You can manually wake up the device by button bashing the B button say 5 times.
  • I think the sensor also wakes up when you pick it up after 5 minutes. Not completely sure though
  • By default the Z-wave wakeup interval (in Homey and Fibaro parameters) is 7200 seconds.
    Normally, it should wake itself up after this interval (and update it's settings).

Otherwise, press 3x the B-button with the sensor in close proximity of Homey.

@scocz what firmware version is your sensor 3.2 or less or equal to 2.7?
  • scoczscocz Member
    My motionsensor is 24/7 triggering the alarm. What could be the cause of this? I've already tried to set the trigger to the lowest option possible.
  • After this change,  illumination data is also reported in between Z-wave wakeup intervals...

• With 300 seconds interval, illumination data every 7200 seconds = Z-wave wakeup interval at 7200
    • With 1800 seconds interval, illumination data every 2062 seconds (15% offset compared to actual settings, but similar to other reports)

I will start lowering this interval to determine if there is a lower interval where data is still send in between wakeup intervals

No success with lowering the interval (parameter 42)... only with parameter 42 set to 1800 seconds I get additional data points outside the Z-wave wakeup interval (also tested 300, 600, 900, 1200 and 1500...NOK)

Do you have similar experiences (no or limited data reports outside the Zwith this sensor (or other brand because I do not expect it to be device specific)
  • scoczscocz Member
    These are my fibaro sensor settings. Why is my alarm going off 24/7? I cant seem to find the reason behind this..