This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave: Fibaro multisensor

I have been trying to get the Fibaro multisensor working but i doesn't work in the flow.
The sensor is added as device :

But those numbers never change (well, the luminance changed one time when i restarted homey), and (probably because of that) my flows are not triggered (not even when i test them).
So it is paired up correctly i think, it is in assocation group 3 associated with node 1 (homey). I have restarted the Z-Wave controller and i have excluded and included the sensor.
Does anyone have any idea why it does not work?
And also i don't get the motion sensor as device, only the alarm, luminance, temparture, battery. Anybody know why that is?

Comments

• aloftaloft Member
    Mveldijk said:
    I have been trying to get the Fibaro multisensor working but i doesn't work in the flow.
    The sensor is added as device :

But those numbers never change (well, the luminance changed one time when i restarted homey), and (probably because of that) my flows are not triggered (not even when i test them).
    So it is paired up correctly i think, it is in assocation group 3 associated with node 1 (homey). I have restarted the Z-Wave controller and i have excluded and included the sensor.
    Does anyone have any idea why it does not work?
    And also i don't get the motion sensor as device, only the alarm, luminance, temparture, battery. Anybody know why that is?
    The generic alarm is the motion sensor, but also the 'tamper alarm'.  So once motion is detected, the generic alarm will turn on for a while.  

If you keep this screen open, and tamper the device (just pick it up and wiggle it; it should start flashing a lot) , does the 'generic alarm' turn to On (and red) ? If so, then at least communication from the multisensor to Homey is working correctly.

You might need to fiddle with the parameters to get the correct levels for reporting an alarm and updating the luminance and temperature the way you'd like; there are some thresholds that you can adjust  ( interval etc ). 

• In the settings of your sensor, set group 3 to 1. 
    That should make it work. 
  • DD Member
    I have three of these working with Homey but it took a little trial and error. They work perfectly if you set the association to group 3 upon adding the device.

When I tried it with setting the association to 'none' upon adding, and afterwards setting group 3 to '1', they didn't work; Generic Alarm stayed on.
  • Hi All,

These are my steps to add the sensor:

After that, you just put "1" under "Group 3"?

That doesn't seems to work on my device.
    The alarm keeps being "on".

• These are the settings I use. Works like a charm.
  • aloftaloft Member
    Which version of the multisensor do you have ?  If I read the forums correctly, V2.7 works, but V3.2 doesn't work yet.
  • aloft said:
    Which version of the multisensor do you have ?  If I read the forums correctly, V2.7 works, but V3.2 doesn't work yet.
    I've got version 2.7
  • aloftaloft Member
    When you change settings, you must manually sync the device ( push the button 3 times ) to get the new group association, parameters etc synced to the sensor. Did you do that as well? 
  • DD Member
    Frakke said:
    Hi All,

These are my steps to add the sensor:
    ----

After that, you just put "1" under "Group 3"?

That doesn't seems to work on my device.
    The alarm keeps being "on".

Set "Report to association group" to 3 when setting the device up. Worked for me, like I said in the post above yours, but maybe not clearly.  :)
  • aloft said:
    When you change settings, you must manually sync the device ( push the button 3 times ) to get the new group association, parameters etc synced to the sensor. Did you do that as well? 
    Well, you don't have to wake it, but then you'll wait until it wakes up by himself, the default for that is every 7200 seconds... 
  • aloftaloft Member
    Fire69 said:
    aloft said:
    Well, you don't have to wake it, but then you'll wait until it wakes up by himself, the default for that is every 7200 seconds... 
    True, but during testing, you might not want to wait 2 hours each time you test a new setting...
  • aloft said:
    True, but during testing, you might not want to wait 2 hours each time you test a new setting...
    True :)
  • Well, it is working now. It was probably the 7200 seconds. Because i left home at the state it was in (not working) and when I came home it did work suddenly.
    But this morning  it didn't work again, so I am going to fiddle around with the 7200 seconds to see if that does the trick.
    By the way I did add the assocation group 3 upon installing the device and added the node 1 (homey) later on.
  • All, seems to be working now! :)

When I move the sensor, to around 8-10 meters from homey, everything just stops working.
    Is there a place where we can check if the connection between the sensor and homey is still up?

What ranges do you guys get?

Regards
  • Basic alarm never turns off here.... I added them with association to 3.
  • Frakke said:
    All, seems to be working now! :)

When I move the sensor, to around 8-10 meters from homey, everything just stops working.
    Is there a place where we can check if the connection between the sensor and homey is still up?

Regards
    8-10 meters. Omg, on the same floor? Do you have other z-wave devices added?
  • Frakke said:
    All, seems to be working now! :)

Regards
    8-10 meters. Omg, on the same floor? Do you have other z-wave devices added?
    Yes, on the same floor.. even without walls int between.
    It's just only one device for now, I'll add some more in the next week.
  • The ones that you are going to add later, are they closer and NOT battery powerd? If so, they can act as routing and then maybe the you can move the sensor beyond 10 meters....
  • Z-wave is a mesh-network, isn't it? Plugwise is one the same frequency and also has a maximum reach of 6 meters plus a brick wall (plugs are powered with 220 v).
  • Somehow they are working now! Great!
  • The ones that you are going to add later, are they closer and NOT battery powerd? If so, they can act as routing and then maybe the you can move the sensor beyond 10 meters....
    Just added 2 wall plugs, seems to work now! :)
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm currently finetuning my Fibaro motion sensor to enable a trigger to switch on the lights when the light intensity drops below a set threshold (e.g. 30 lux)...

Based on the current settings defined (40. ILLUMINATION REPORT THRESHOLD @ 5 lux and 42. ILLUMINATION REPORTS INTERVAL @ 300 seconds) I would expect a illumination measurement to be send to Homey every 5 minutes (even if no change in light intensity)....

Yet insights still show time intervals between illumination reports of hours.
    Even though temperature is reported more frequently.

For me this would be to coarse to base the light switch trigger on...
    Do you observe similar reports / what are your settings?
  • aloftaloft Member
    Are you sure there is a change in lumen ? Because Insights will only record a new entry when there is a change between the reported value and the previously stored value.  That makes it difficult to troubleshoot if reports are coming in. 

I have luminance updates every 30 minutes and I see this in my log:

Tue Apr 12 2016 19:44:07 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue Apr 12 2016 20:31:49 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Wed Apr 13 2016 06:58:29 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Wed Apr 13 2016 07:37:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Wed Apr 13 2016 08:11:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),3
    Wed Apr 13 2016 08:45:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),5
    Wed Apr 13 2016 09:19:51 GMT+0200 (CEST),4

• Just a short question related to Zwave multisensor device. Currently I only have KlikAanKlikUit based sensors and switches. I am interested in buyng the Zwave multisensor due having the lux portion supported and also based on a more trusted protocol Zwave vs KAKU (433mhz). Do I also need a station like Fibaro or Vera to make it work (like Philips Hue with its hub) or can I just buy the Fibaro Sensor and add it as a single unit without a controlling station?
  • aloft said:
    Are you sure there is a change in lumen ? Because Insights will only record a new entry when there is a change between the reported value and the previously stored value.  That makes it difficult to troubleshoot if reports are coming in. 
    Yes. The changes is mainly driven by daylight changes entering the living room... Which is a more gradual change.
    Still according to the manual of Fibaro:
    Time interval between consecutive illumination reports. The reports are sent even if there are no changes in the light intensity.
     The log that I'm able to download from Insights only shows the updates as shown on above graph. So not per 5 minutes / 5 lux changes... 
    Tue Apr 12 2016 01:43:01 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Tue Apr 12 2016 07:45:18 GMT+0200 (CEST),44
    Tue Apr 12 2016 08:16:23 GMT+0200 (CEST),82
    Tue Apr 12 2016 09:46:01 GMT+0200 (CEST),105
    Tue Apr 12 2016 11:25:14 GMT+0200 (CEST),275
    Tue Apr 12 2016 11:46:43 GMT+0200 (CEST),271
    Tue Apr 12 2016 13:47:23 GMT+0200 (CEST),264
    Tue Apr 12 2016 14:34:00 GMT+0200 (CEST),238
    Tue Apr 12 2016 15:48:02 GMT+0200 (CEST),211
    Tue Apr 12 2016 17:42:44 GMT+0200 (CEST),139
    Tue Apr 12 2016 17:48:42 GMT+0200 (CEST),81
    Tue Apr 12 2016 19:49:23 GMT+0200 (CEST),1
    Tue Apr 12 2016 20:51:30 GMT+0200 (CEST),3
    Tue Apr 12 2016 23:50:46 GMT+0200 (CEST),1
    Wed Apr 13 2016 00:00:18 GMT+0200 (CEST),0
    Wed Apr 13 2016 07:53:48 GMT+0200 (CEST),33
    Wed Apr 13 2016 09:26:56 GMT+0200 (CEST),125
     @aloft which parameters are you using?

I'm wondering if the parameter settings changes are correctly stored on the motion sensor... (yes, pressed 3x the button multiple times)... Yet if I look to below graph, you clearly see a change 2 days ago in the evening (8:00 PM and 10:45 PM) where I changed the settings
  • jtebbens said:
    Just a short question related to Zwave multisensor device. Currently I only have KlikAanKlikUit based sensors and switches. I am interested in buyng the Zwave multisensor due having the lux portion supported and also based on a more trusted protocol Zwave vs KAKU (433mhz). Do I also need a station like Fibaro or Vera to make it work (like Philips Hue with its hub) or can I just buy the Fibaro Sensor and add it as a single unit without a controlling station?
    You do not need a Vera or Fibaro HC2 Home Control Station. Homey replaces those! :)
  • PimBliek said:

You do not need a Vera or Fibaro HC2 Home Control Station. Homey replaces those! :)
    Thanks for confirmation!
  • aloftaloft Member
    I have the following parameters:

40,2,5;89,1,0;42,2,1800

40:  ILLUMINATION REPORT THRESHOLD ; op 5 lumen
    89 :  Tamper alarm off
    42:  ILLUMINATION REPORTS INTERVAL, op 1800 seconden (every 30 minutes)

I am not sure that parameter 40 is working correctly, but current settings are 'doable' for my lumen detection. 

illumination reporting is also not strict every 30 minutes. Logging of this morning:

Wed Apr 13 2016 07:37:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Wed Apr 13 2016 08:11:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),3
    Wed Apr 13 2016 08:45:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),5
    Wed Apr 13 2016 09:19:51 GMT+0200 (CEST),4
    Wed Apr 13 2016 09:53:53 GMT+0200 (CEST),3
    Wed Apr 13 2016 10:27:51 GMT+0200 (CEST),2
    Wed Apr 13 2016 11:01:52 GMT+0200 (CEST),8
    Wed Apr 13 2016 11:35:52 GMT+0200 (CEST),3
    Wed Apr 13 2016 11:41:57 GMT+0200 (CEST),52
    Wed Apr 13 2016 12:09:51 GMT+0200 (CEST),7
    Wed Apr 13 2016 12:43:50 GMT+0200 (CEST),6

It's about every 34 minutes, with one extra at 11:41, but that was an peak in lumen, so it probably triggered the report treshold (again at 12:09 when lumen went down significantly
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    @aloft your logging indeed shows that the reporting (more or less) follows the parameters set...
    I removed now the temperature logging in the settings, saved and updated the motion sensor (3x button)... still no reporting in correspondence to the parameters (once every 5 minutes)...

I'll reset the motion sensor to default parameters tomorrow and reconnect it to Homey.. perhaps that will make it work

Anybody else experiencing similar issues?