This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.27

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    IR problems could be caused by a hardware/ledring bug where the light of the ledring reflects and disturbs incoming IR signals. 

Have you tried using your remote 5-10 cm in front of Homey? 
  • @mruiter Backup and restore will be hard, since you will have devices connected in your flows. The devices are probably numbered and linked to id's in the system. When you re-add devices, they will get new id's in the system so a restore will only partially work... Unless Athom figures out something cool to do that.

By the way, my z-wave device (fibaro motion sensor) also didn't work after the upgrade to 0.8.27. In settings under 'z-wave' I got an error. After I rebooted, everything worked as a charm. 
    I also got a load of 'false' OK Homey recognitions yesterday while watching Game of Thrones. Today I retrained the voice recognition, this worked like a charm. After the reboot, I believe it falsely triggered only once... maybe not even once, not sure. So there is definitely a big improvement here.

Only bugs I still experience:
    - "All lights off" turns off all lights except 1 to 3 lights in the living room. All of them are Hue lights.
    - I haven't tested yet if infrared now works for me.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    @Taco ;
    I've got some trouble adding my Danalock (Z-Wave Secure). Have there been changes? Interviewing timed out a lot of times. Sometimes it succeed but there is a popup that the device has been implemented as non secure. If this happens the lock is visible but I can't do anything with it.

Maybe I have to wait till all z-wave classes are finished, but I wonder why it worked before.
  • On a different note - has anyone seen Sunrise work properly? Sunset seems okay, but with all the app problems I'm not sure if it's down to the cards or the variable issues.
    Today is going to be a beautiful day for Homey-fans, sunrise just started at 7.01 for the first time :smile: 
  • TacoTaco Member
    @Peao Nothing has changed in the interview. If the lock is added non-secure, something during the key transfer went wrong and Homey has to abort secure inclusion. The Danalock only supports the door command secure and not unsecure. Could you send me a log code?
  • On a different note - has anyone seen Sunrise work properly? Sunset seems okay, but with all the app problems I'm not sure if it's down to the cards or the variable issues.
    Today is going to be a beautiful day for Homey-fans, sunrise just started at 7.01 for the first time :smile: 
    A hidden fix in 0.8.29? :)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    This morning it still didn't work, sunset didn't work yesterday evening as well.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Taco said:
    @Peao Nothing has changed in the interview. If the lock is added non-secure, something during the key transfer went wrong and Homey has to abort secure inclusion. The Danalock only supports the door command secure and not unsecure. Could you send me a log code?
    @Taco Ok, thanks! Here is the log: 4525EC35BD 
    I tried to connect it, but it timed out after a while with the error "Another Pairing Section active". 
  • TacoTaco Member
    Peao said:
    Taco said:
    @Taco Ok, thanks! Here is the log: 4525EC35BD 
    I tried to connect it, but it timed out after a while with the error "Another Pairing Section active". 
    I see, could you past the code in the github issue, then I'll reopen it.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    @Taco ;
    I haven't had any github issue yet, if this is concerning another closed issue please link it to me / PM.

Just were able to connect it again, but it has no options to open/close. In a flow there are only "set configuration parameter" or "reset configuration" choosable. After a few seconds the Danalock times out with "Error: Timeout waiting for report".
    That is the new code: 4EB8AA6EB8

• Mmm i don't dare to connect anything anymore, last thing I tried is connecting my hue lights (tedious... Over 30 lights (why not <select all> and my curtains (but homey apparently can't find anything (so she says) all I I hear (still) oops I can't find ......  But athom just closes the issue for this.
    as I stated before, you apparently need to be a good friend to the guys before they take you serious.
  • On what firmware are you? Maybe closed because fixed in the latest firmware?
  • tunftunf Member
    @erwinvrieze did you update to 0.8.29 already? i did not have any oops issues at all (ok, other issue) using hue with 25 lamps.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    tunf said:
    @erwinvrieze did you update to 0.8.29 already? i did not have any oops issues at all (ok, other issue) using hue with 25 lamps.
    0.8.29 is ""experimental"" and not all users want to use these versions.

After .24 all releases are marked as """""" """"""stable"""""" """"""
  • Yes, I always update immediately, else i would not be able to give correct remarks, I tried to be supportive to get Homey to a higher level ....
    I nowadays connect only a few lights and 1 additional unit, because I sometime reset the Homey complete 3 times a day and get sick and tired of connecting everything every time ....
    But I give up now, yesterday evening (within 15 minutes 6 x "oops"and several responses from the past ... cpuld not find lights, could not find curtains) now i've switched Homey off .....:-(
  • edited April 2016
    @ErwinVrieze: Are you sure your homey was connected to your wifi network? The "oops" issue is supposed to be resolved since April 4th, unless your Homey really cannot reach the speech servers.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    Nevertheless, if my future Homey starts shouting at every Ziggo hick-up (and that happens more then once a year).... then my wife will throw Homey in the pond.

Its asked/said before; please make the "Oops thingie" a Push message or at least let the user decide if he want to hear the "Oops i did it again" (oooo nooo that's another....) OR even let the user decide IF he wants to be notified at a internet hick-up.
    If we lose internet and watching Netflix then I will notice to that my internet is down and I don't want a Homey that confirms something i already now.... 
    And maybe you guys can send/push a (email) message to all Homey users if there's a server thingie((unscheduled)maintenance, error, hack,etc.) happening.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    @MarcoF Homey only says oops after 'OK Homey', and we're continuously working on making that more reliable. 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @Emile ;
    Good point! I forgot!
    Making Homey more reliable can't fix/prevent a down I-connection at Ziggo :wink: 

But then again; I, and I think a lot of others, want decide which response and/or error message the want to receive/hear.
    Me talking in a room/zone doesn't mean that I a "random" thing can do that.

• MarcoF said:
    @JeroenVollenbrock ;
    Nevertheless, if my future Homey starts shouting at every Ziggo hick-up (and that happens more then once a year).... then my wife will throw Homey in the pond.

Its asked/said before; please make the "Oops thingie" a Push message or at least let the user decide if he want to hear the "Oops i did it again" (oooo nooo that's another....) OR even let the user decide IF he wants to be notified at a internet hick-up.
    If we lose internet and watching Netflix then I will notice to that my internet is down and I don't want a Homey that confirms something i already now.... 
    And maybe you guys can send/push a (email) message to all Homey users if there's a server thingie((unscheduled)maintenance, error, hack,etc.) happening.

Homey can't send you a push message when your Internet is down  :#
    User choice between a spoken warning or a led ring color or something like that would be nice. 

A mail when there is maintenance, problem, etc ... is a good idea also. 
  • @Fire69;
    Do I understand you right that you say that Homey needs a working I-connect for pushing messages to the App and this isn't working over a local network?

• Seems to me that homey and the app both connect to the athom servers for sending/receiving push messages?
  • Fire69 said:
    Seems to me that homey and the app both connect to the athom servers for sending/receiving push messages?
    Push notifications use the Internet. So yes. 
  • @pushMessagesOverInternet;
    Ouch.... and especially because the App can work without the Athom servers.
  • @MarcoF : This is a limitation of both GCM and APNS, so there really isn't much we could do differently there.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @JeroenVollenbrock;
    Make it possible to turn down/off the "oops... thingie" could make a big difference.

Second, I don't have experience with GCM and APNS, but to me it should possible to let the App ask to Homey; Do you still have a working I-connection?

If its a yes, nothing happens.
    If its a no, then the App generates on that devices a notification.

Or let Homey push something to the App over the local network.

Or let Homey send a email to my mailbox.
    This last option is mentioned earlier, where one of you guys said it was a good idea.
    So if a Homey hasn't contacted your severs for X min. then send a email to the user; We lost the connection with your XYZ Homey.

My androidTV also sends me a Push Not when i walk in the house.

There a tons of ways to inform a user about a broken I-connection without using sound. 

Another idea;
    Led-ring with a special Color/Animation?
    Lost I-connection; Talk to Homey and if connection lost, bouncing/fading from red<>green instead of white ring.
  • @MarcoF : Those are indeed good suggestions, but i don't see how that is related to the way push notifications are sent to your smartphone. Even with the server side setup, the Athom server that is mentioned in your suggestion could still send a push notification to the Homey app using GCM/APNS instead of sending an email. However, having your smartphone poll for Homey connections in the background will require the app to run in the background, which will have a very negative impact on the battery life of your phone.
  • @JeroenVollenbrock;
    I was just suggestion thing and you said that the GCM/APNS has its limitations. What those are and what it mean for the real world.... No idea. 

If the limitation is that Athom/Homey uses GCM/APNS and those services can't send over local networks, then i understand it. But as you describe its still possible to let a server send a push message to the App (as far as i understand this and again i don't have experience with it).

To me its important that Homey operates silently, except when I ask him something where I expect a answer. 
    In all other cases I want to receive notifications (about an email) which tells me there's a problem with Homey.
  • Push messages use a existing messaging service which is already there by the OS.
    For Android this is GCM (Google Cloud Messaging). Using an already available messaging service saves battery.
    Polling the server would case your phone to wake up every time it polls your server.
    WhatsApp, Gmail, Domoticz push messages ask use GCM.
  • Its not important how the messages are delivered or received. Homey should, in my perspective, run silently. Would also be very odd of Homey randomly turns on the TV/Radio in my livingroom because of a Bird flew by.

My Vera3 is, because of NetAtmo/WeatherUnderground/PushOver/etc, and other devices such as AndroidTV/Spotify/StreamingRadio/etc are also highly dependent of Internet. It would be a really big mess if every IoT device in my house would play sound on no Internet.
    My Vera3 only shows a unobtrusive message that its not connect to internet and that's it.

If I place a Homey in the baby's room and I speak at low volume; "OK Homey, good night" and its shouts back; "OOPS we have a thingie with the internetie...." or my wife is sick(also phone dead) and sleeping on the couch and I Walk to Homey and speak at low volume; "OK Homey, turn of all lights" and it ....  Domotica acceptance and the WAF will drop for a metric ton.

Please consider to turn down spoken error messages and/or volume totally. The lasts month a lot of users turn off or boxed there homey because of random falls positives (which results in Homey randomly talking) and the "Oops we have a thingie ...." and people couldn't accept/stand it anymore.

JustMy2Cents 
This discussion has been closed.