This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.27

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
edited April 2016 in Archive
We're proud to release 0.8.27 to the experimental channel today! The planning is to push this update to the stable channel as well beginning next week, so it's available when the next batch plugs their Homey in.

Changelog:
  • Added Audio Samples API
  • Added boolean support for Insights
  • Improved the default 'OK Homey' trigger
  • Improved Z-Wave Pairing & Settings
  • Fixed a bug where where IR devices stopped receiving commands
  • Fixed a bug where apps would not garbage collect memory
  • Improved the Software Updater
  • Various improvements
Get it while it's hot!

Comments

• OMG YASSSS Best way to start our weekend. Thanks a lot.

Has the developer documentation been updated with the latest features?
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited April 2016
    Getting the following error when clicking on install:
    "extractpath_not_writable"
    Rebooting now, maybe this helps.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    SW update completed without any issues...
    My impression is that the update took a little longer than earlier updates (new software updater?)...

KaKu and Z-wave switches are working (after upgrade). Z-wave changes (settings) I'm not able to discover yet...

Insights now provides the "switched on" boolean:

Insights now also provides logging of the motion sensor (general alarm):

Last but not least: 'OK homey' - 5 out of 5 ok... and it is now also listening (triggering) to my 9 year old boy (OMG)  :p
  • Just played around with the 'OK Homey' for a little bit. Even when I was playing music it correctly triggered :). I'm very impressed. Big step in the right direction! :)
  • tunftunf Member
    Great news, spring is in the air and first results are promissing!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Rebooted 2 times but still getting this error. in the .24 thread was this issue solved by rebooting :neutral: 

• Z-wave switch all behavior is now also included in flow and settings...

Can be handy... to shutdown a group of lamps / devices. 

Z-wave adding of new switch went pretty smooth.
  • I just love it how the guys at Athom take the suggestions on board. Update just before the weekend so everybody can play. Can't wait until my Homey arrives.
  • All I get when trying to update is checksum_no_match...

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    If you're having trouble using the updater, try booting into Wi-Fi Recovery and update from there :)
  • fuzzybear said:
    I just love it how the guys at Athom take the suggestions on board. Update just before the weekend so everybody can play. Can't wait until my Homey arrives.
    You're absolutely right @fuzzybear! Great that this release is available before the weekend (too bad it is such nice weather).

In the meantime, Athom also released a Kickstarter update: 
    "The shipment dates we communicated last time are still on track, so that means we'll be sending out more Homeys next week." 
  • RamonBaasRamonBaas Member
    edited April 2016
    A reboot did the trick. Installed 0.8.27. Looks like adapting the volume from a flow doesn't work anymore though. So Homey is quite loud again.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    The new trigger is awesome!!! <3 <3
  • Thats good news! Thank you for the update. Did the Oops problem got solved as well?
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Peao said:
    Getting the following error when clicking on install:
    "extractpath_not_writable"
    Rebooting now, maybe this helps.
    Emile said:
    If you're having trouble using the updater, try booting into Wi-Fi Recovery and update from there :)
    Thanks @Emile that worked :smile: 

• Right to intern mic spoken, no responce on ok homey at all, into the
    learning ok HOMEY mode , no responce the ring gets every time red, and why are the tips ho to speak hidden behind the locks ?
    only by speak true the app on the fone the voice commands gets regonized.
    have i a broken mic in my HOMEY ?

• Reflow said:
    Thats good news! Thank you for the update. Did the Oops problem got solved as well?
    Nope... already got several (3) Oops's...
    I also notice that Homey, with the new trigger, is having some more false triggers based on the chit chat of the kids on the couch... I don't know if this wil be improved with re-doing the voice trainer...
  • Well still no oops till now! But am I missing the speaker loudness option in the settings? Tried the speaker flow but Homey keeps talking very loud, anyone else problems with adjusting the speaker level?
  • Try 5 %
  • Try 5 %
    Yup, seems it starts adjusting under the 10% range. It sounds better now! 
  • My update to 0.8.27 went smoothly.

I had some problems with the OK Homey training but once I started speaking more loudly (not according to the tips from Homey self) I got 5 checkmarks in a row. The OK Homeys are recognized almost every time. However, most of the time voice commands are still not understand correctly by Homey. When using my smartphone for giving voice commands to Homey it works great  :).

Tonight I'm going to test if Homey is not responding to the television anymore (it's standing next to the television). If it still responds to the television I will probably shut Homey's microphone off again and just use my phone for the voice commands. Some kind of widget with a button on my phone's homescreen to send voice commands to Homey would be awesome (it's faster than opening the app and you do not need to say OK Homey before saying your voice command).

One thing which did not improve after the update to 0.8.27 is that the speaker level setting of Homey in the flows is not working anymore. I think this is something which needs to be fixed in the next update.
  • Reflow said:
    Thats good news! Thank you for the update. Did the Oops problem got solved as well?
    I also notice that Homey, with the new trigger, is having some more false triggers based on the chit chat of the kids on the couch... I don't know if this wil be improved with re-doing the voice trainer...
    Ok just had my first oopsie.. :-(
  • The speaker settings works okay i a flow, but you must set it to 5% or so.

• Reflow said:
    Reflow said:
    Ok just had my first oopsie.. :-(
    I never had a oopsie.....stil very different results.
  • My flow based on a KAKU wallswitch does not trigger anymore. Adding the wallswitch again does not help. Anybody else with this issue?
  • edited April 2016
    Has anyone been able to use an IR button in a flow? I can't get that to work at all - just curious if some remotes work better than others?

Edit: found a Panasonic remote that gets recognizes automatically very well, all the buttons map correctly, yet do not respond in a simple "Button was pressed" -> "Say <button token>" flow.

Edit 2: switching off the LED ring causes the IR buttons to recognise! A brightness of 1% is enough to make it stop working.

Partial yay!
  • RamonBaas said:
    My flow based on a KAKU wallswitch does not trigger anymore. Adding the wallswitch again does not help. Anybody else with this issue?
    Works here okay , just tried it
    perhaps you can try a reboot

• RamonBaas said:
    My flow based on a KAKU wallswitch does not trigger anymore. Adding the wallswitch again does not help. Anybody else with this issue?
    I have problems with my KaKu remotes (AYCT-102). I had paired three of these remotes. In 0.8.24 I was able to use a remote in every room and turn my Philips Hue lights on and off with the KaKu remotes. But now there are not working anymore and pairing them again doesn't help. :(
  • Now sometimes oops, but the voice Training works after reboot, fine,  the Trigger works fine but i have to do to switch off my TV for the training thanks athom!!!  Now i havr to paired my z-wave devices, one nice Feature i missed, z-wave settings only saving after hard reset, but i dont know that is possible or much complicated. 
  • Right to intern mic spoken, no responce on ok homey at all, into the
    learning ok HOMEY mode , no responce the ring gets every time red, and why are the tips ho to speak hidden behind the locks ?
    only by speak true the app on the fone the voice commands gets regonized.
    have i a broken mic in my HOMEY ?

exactly the same here. ok homey gets triggerd but after spinning white nothing but realy nothing gets a response. No whats the time no is it going to rain, no what is the news. Nothing.
    Training ok homey always gives a red ring but without the training ok homey is the only thing that works
This discussion has been closed.