This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.27

1235»

Comments

• I agree, I should be in control on how homey communcates to me, not homey. Volume control should be build in like ledring control is and preferably it should be extended with a schedule option.

for example:

• JaxcJaxc Member
    I have not have an 'oops' yet.
    So I'm wondering what's the difference why there are homeys with and without oopses. 
  • Here, either, maybe the stability of the internet connection

• I only had it once.
    Strange indeed that there appears to be such a big difference...
  • WillWill Member
    My Homey 'Oopsed' a lot more than my internet connection.
    Haven't tested on 0.8.29 though. To uphold the WAF I silenced the homey a while back.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Its not that I/We say Homey is still "Oopsing", but more that the "Oops...we have a internet thingie..." is shared with the user over the speaker.
    Appliances/Devices should do what and how I want it, not do what the like to do or think whats good for me. 

What if your Nest, Anna, Toon, Harmony Hub, etc. at every command warns you about a service/server connection error shares an loud beep/Oops or other sound to notify you there a problem?

I would kick all these device out of my house OR disable the speaker.

Our dishwasher/wasmachine/dryer/fridge/oven all can(!) beep if there's a problem OR if the are ready with I asked them to do and all (except the Fridge(i cant open it or disable the beep.....) these device are silent  o

• Seems to me u made your point (at least 5 times alr)
  • MarcoF said:

Our dishwasher/wasmachine/dryer/fridge/oven all can(!) beep if there's a problem OR if the are ready with I asked them to do and all (except the Fridge(i cant open it or disable the beep.....) these device are silent  o

You're a lucky man then, my oven/microwave/washer/dishwasher/dryer/... all beep when they are done and there's no way to disable that behaviour :wink: 
  • How I'd love to take a quiet turn in my car!
  • @ErwinVrieze: Are you sure your homey was connected to your wifi network? The "oops" issue is supposed to be resolved since April 4th, unless your Homey really cannot reach the speech servers.
    Oh yeah !! :-)
  • I also getting the oops issue a lot,  mainly when the TV is on and its receiving false trigger,   Some way to disable the oops  is needed
  • I put Homey in the storage closet where it cannot hear us. Never had the "Oops" anymore. My GF was going to kick me and Homey out of the house otherwise. :-)
  • @Athomey ;
    So your now talking to a closet???  :/ 
This discussion has been closed.