This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• JaxcJaxc Member
    This was a really 'off day' 
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    I'm curious to know when we can expect the email to make a choice...
    I already know what it will be  ;)  B)  o:)
  • tobyleurstobyleurs Member
    edited April 2016
    According to the message from Athom on Slack it will be this week. 
  • PimBliek said:
    According to PostNL the package weighs 1 gram. W00t, Homey now includes the new anti-matter feature as well! Cool! :open_mouth: 
    Keep thinking that you get a real homey....

Youll be in for a suprise.......

A homey keychaing with nfc that is 1 gram
  • @mruiter : that's just the NFC  :)
  • @emile is the delay between registering the shipment at Post NL and the actual handing over the packages to Post NL expected or was shipping postponed after registering the shipment?
  • heeft er al iemand een update van postnl  ??
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    As far as we know the packages are on their way! :)
  • DD Member
    PostNL usually processes packages like these at night, might be even after 0:00 for the app to update.
  • Emile said:
    eindelijk.   
  • @Emile  for every kickstarter backer, USA and Europe? 
  • Emile said:
    +1 :heart: 

• @Emile  for every kickstarter backer, USA and Europe? 
    No USA, they will be delivered after EU preorders.
  • MarcoF said:
    I was hoping the previous shipment had been a 'leermomentje'..... 
  • DD Member
    MarcoF said:
    I was hoping the previous shipment had been a 'leermomentje'..... 
    What is there to learn?
  • I was hoping the previous shipment had been a 'leermomentje'..... 
    What is there to learn?
    That's the way post.nl works... Nothing to do with Athom...
  • Indeed, when you register a shipment and make sure the packages are at Post NL the same day, the projected next day delivery as shown in the Post NL app is met. That's the way Post NL works.

Really, can no-one here take any form of critisism? Athom will have to start dealing with customers soon, this really is a leermomentje!
  • Or at least demand from the factory that the shipping takes place on the same day the shipment is pre-announced
  • Sorry for my dutch:

het is ook nooit goed. Typisch Nederlands ......en ja, zal ik ook wel weer kritiek op krijgen.....en ja, heb nog geen Homey......

no communication...complains....communication....still complains....snif 
  • Delivery today! Confirmed by PostNL!!  :D
  • DD Member
    Indeed, when you register a shipment and make sure the packages are at Post NL the same day, the projected next day delivery as shown in the Post NL app is met. That's the way Post NL works.

Really, can no-one here take any form of critisism? Athom will have to start dealing with customers soon, this really is a leermomentje!
    That is the way it works for companies with daily pre-scheduled pickups. Try to send a large batch of packages with PostNL and let them pick it up the same day. They won't. Some things are not under Athoms control, deal with it.

I agree with a lot of criticism around here, but some of it is just unfair. Like this. Next we're going to complain that it rains when our Homey is delivered or that Homey doesn't drive our cars for us.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    Sorry for my dutch:

het is ook nooit goed. Typisch Nederlands ......en ja, zal ik ook wel weer kritiek op krijgen.....en ja, heb nog geen Homey......

no communication...complains....communication....still complains....snif 
    Indeed, there's always room for improvement, if you fail to see the intent of my post then I'm sorry you got all worked up about it.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    the thing is that the shipments are pre announced for days and that's something that can ben changed.
    And I agree that's the way how PostNL works, but pre-announced deliveries are horrible....

Few weeks ago I bought something from MP and the sellers decided to print a label at his home. Next it took days to receive the package... After some contact with the seller he admit that he did a homemade label (saved him €0.49) on monday and brought it to PostNL on Friday evening; Delivery Tuesday.

So on the one end its PostNL's way of working, on the other hand its the seller that decides to pre-announce and last but not least it the seller how decides wen to bring or pickup the good so it can be shipped.

So its not all PostNL its fault and yes its also(!) not(!) only Athoms fault.

Look at big retailers such as Co*lB, M*diaM, B.com, can send ordered before XX:XX delivered the next day.
    But also the local webshop around the corner can do order today, get T&T today and deliver tomorrow.

Its a proces that can be smoothed :smile: 

• Wait, what the hell is going on? Athom just shipped out a few hundred Homeys after a few years of production, perfectly shipped their second batch ever with PostNL, and people are seriously raging out over the fact that their beloved piece of hardware ships on wednesday instead of tuesday, as was 'promised' (Athom always gave 4th of April as an indication, never as a hard deadline)?

What on earth has happened to this forum that everyone is so utterly full of hate? In the early months (read: summer 2015), we at least could have discussions that were about actual subjects, not this crap.
  • pfff.....

• tunftunf Member
    @KoenMartens People are just that much in need for a homey that even 1 day waiting can maken them feel sad. I'm sure that that feeling will be lost once they can hugh there delivered homeyTM
  • tunf said:
    @KoenMartens People are just that much in need for a homey that even 1 day waiting can maken them feel sad. I'm sure that that feeling will be lost once they can hugh there delivered homeyTM
    And then the feeling comes back once they run into issues and have to wait for the updates...
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited April 2016
    Zojuist afgeleverd door post nl.
    ik ga hem nu uitpakken
    (feel free to translate)
    I got it,  just deliverd

This discussion has been closed.