This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Whoohooo!
  • honeyhoney Member
    Kickstarter backers from UK, I am not sure if you are still following this topic but anyway can I ask How long was the shipping time?
    The reason why I ask I need to buy some further stuffs for the HA system, and would like to time it to homey delivery date. So if an issue would surface with these to have enough time to return them.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    @Emile ;

Are you guys still on track for the shipment somewhere next week?
  • So all of you guys signed up to receive a 'not yet fully functional' Homey? Nobody decided to wait for the 'retail experience'?
  • Bumblez said:
    So all of you guys signed up to receive a 'not yet fully functional' Homey? Nobody decided to wait for the 'retail experience'?
    I can either wait for lets say 2 months, and have an out-of-the-box retail experience....
    or experiment/test/play/... for two months, and then have an out-of-the-box experience....
    Not really a choice for me when the answer is so obvious ;-)
  • I decided not to wait for two reasons:
    1. I ordered (pre order) the geek edition, so tinkering and finding bugs is part of the geek experience in my opinion.
    2. Assuming the hardware of homey will not change, all the changes will be software related, that way (in my opinion) it does not really matter... Homey will be the same on delivery, only the software changes... And, like i said in the first point, if i would not want that, i would not have chosen the geek edition :)
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited April 2016
    I already bought a secondhand Homey weeks ago and played around with it. If Athom squashes 2-3 bugs per week, in 2 months they will have a really awesome product.

If you don't mind an occasional bug (like: only 7 of the 10 lights go off if I tell Homey 'good night', or the Z-wave sensor doesn't always report the lux level when it should), go for it and go for an early delivery. You will love it and will be able to contribute to the development by reporting all issues you will come across. 
    If you do mind small bugs, just let them deliver it now and keep it in the box for a few months.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    However there are more than 1000 pre-orders, and only a few dozen of them are active on the forum. So I would not say that everyone has opted in.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    It's actually good to know that so many people have so much faith in Athom (and yeah, I signed up for the geek pre-order as well). And I do agree with @Weatherlight (I don't expect any changes to the hardware) and @jorden ("If Athom squashes 2-3 bugs per week, in 2 months they will have a really awesome product.").

I was just curious, as I thought some people would want to wait for the retail experience, so they can test if their Homey meets their needs and, if they don't like it, return it within 2 weeks (for a full refund) ...

p0nts said:
    @Emile ;

I guess we'll know by the end of tomorrow... there should be a new Kickstarter update on Friday.

• @Bumblez ;
    I think it's good to ask around, to know the general opinion on the forum. Than again, like you said yourself, not everyone is active on the forum so you don't exactly know how many of the 1000+ preorders chosen for early delivery... 
    Come to think of it, I don't think that matters... I mean, bug squashing wil happen, maybe a tiny bit faster with the addition of a few more geeks, but i thinks it stay's the same in general. And that's fine with me :).

Homey is a super cool product and wil evolve a lot the coming months and years, can't wait to see what will be made possible :).
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @Bumblez ;
    All kickstarter badges are send (expect a few foreign "orders"), so i expect the are done with Kickstarter.

I think a move/post to there http://blog.athom.com would be great!
  • btwvince said:

B)
    +2.. ;)
    18: pre announce package
    19: shipping package
    20: receiving package

• MarcoF said:
    @Bumblez ;
    All kickstarter badges are send (expect a few foreign "orders"), so i expect the are done with Kickstarter.

I think a move/post to there http://blog.athom.com would be great!
    A valid point, but I would expect them to keep using Kickstarter (at least) until the very last Kickstarter backer has received his Homey (regardless of what country they are in). Only then can you really say that they are done with Kickstarter.
  • Also a valid point!
    We will see what the future brings..... :wink: 

• btwvince said:

B)
    +2.. ;)
    18: pre announce package
    19: shipping package
    20: receiving package

I know but monday is also a special day :)
    And then we will talk about PostNL and then it will go fast B)
  • btwvincebtwvince Member
    edited April 2016

p0nts said:
    @Emile ;

I guess we'll know by the end of tomorrow... there should be a new Kickstarter update on Friday.

@Emile Will there be an official update today? :blush: 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    @btwvince yep! It'll probably be the last Kickstarter update though, from then we'll start using our new Newsletter. Don't worry, you're all automatically signed up! :-)
  • Emile said:
    @btwvince yep! It'll probably be the last Kickstarter update though, from then we'll start using our new Newsletter. Don't worry, you're all automatically signed up! :-)
    Looking forward for it, when you say it will be the last will this means that our homey's will be delivered next week  o:) <3
  • btwvince said:
    Emile said:
    Looking forward for it, when you say it will be the last will this means that our homey's will be delivered next week  o:) <3
    It will be the last because the kickstarter is done. All Homey's have been delivered to backers. It doesn't say anything about preorders. (I'm not saying they won't ship next week, it's just not related to the kickstarter).
  • didn't you all got the PostNL pre-announcement ?
  • nope not yet 
  • not ?
  • Me neither
  • Not everybody gets those for some reason but that doesn't mean a package isn't send (don't know if Athom is packing and sending them atm).
  • Vincent said:
    btwvince said:
    Emile said:
    It will be the last because the kickstarter is done. All Homey's have been delivered to backers. It doesn't say anything about preorders. (I'm not saying they won't ship next week, it's just not related to the kickstarter).
    They will be shipped next week :)
  • Nice Kickstarter update! Very happy with the improvements and can't wait for my Homey to be delivered next week!  
    And better, IOS app for approval next week! O yeh!

• BasPostBasPost Member
    edited April 2016
    Goodmorning all, is it going to be the big day today for us as geek/beta pre-orders?  
    Will they be shipped today???  
    @Stefan, A long time ago (July 2015, see PM), I upgraded to "geek" and paid an extra €10 by PayPal, will I receive the trainceivers also?
  • today is the day excited! :smiley: 

• @emile , Is it happening today ?  o:)
This discussion has been closed.