This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

Comments

• MarcoWijk said:
    I found that the RF signal dies after one (any) command. Only a restart gives me one command, and then is seems to die again. I tried reinstalling the CoCo and Elro app. It doesn't fix the problem. :neutral: 
    @Emile Yup, it doesn't do squad anymore.... and again the RF signal doesn't work... after an update...
  • MarcoWijk said:
    MarcoWijk said:
    I found that the RF signal dies after one (any) command. Only a restart gives me one command, and then is seems to die again. I tried reinstalling the CoCo and Elro app. It doesn't fix the problem. :neutral: 
    @Emile Yup, it doesn't do squad anymore.... and again the RF signal doesn't work... after an update...
    Worst part is that my Homey was stuck in a sending signal loop!!!! For 30 min i was figuring out why my external RFXcom didn't switch my lights anymore. Disconnected the power cable from Homey and everything worked as before!!!!!! What a mess......  
  • MarcoWijk said:
    MarcoWijk said:

And thats another confirm over here too. First night i did not do lots of reboots because it was movie night and not Homey night.
    Flows did notwork. only once maybee twice  when it was based on RF. 
    Hue and My IRobot flow still responded on Test.
    Zwave i could not test because non of my zwave devices are suported yet by Homey

But it looks like is just RF thats haging after 1 , 2 commands
    Kaku as wel as somfy RTS no response
  • @mruiter please do try to add your Z-Wave devices. If there are issues we'd like to know them so they can be fixed or if there are none we would love to hear that as wel :p
  • Update from me

IR Remote
    Finding (automatically) remote of my panasonic tv worked at ones YEEHHHH
    Learning (manual) remote keys for curtains also worked at ones

Voice training
    OK Homey  = not working (managed to get 2 greens out of over arround 100 tries
    OK = working (strange 5 out of 7 times)
    Ahhummm clearing throat (5 of 10 times)
    Very responsive for every sound went over after some reboot(s)

Flow
    Using microphone = Not working SNIK
    Sending learned remote keys from homey to curtains = not working (it worked 3 times out of over 100)
    Receiving discovered remote keys from remote to homey = working (it looked like it was slowly getting better and better - now 8 out of 10 have to do a firm press)

Addons
    IFTTT = working (only did what was mentioned in instuction movie)
    Harmony activities = working
    Soundcloud = working (but who wants to listen to music from a poor speaker)

Homey
    Reboot = working with no errors
    Dim homey's lights = working

Will keep you guys informed!!! for the good and the bad  ;) 

• aloftaloft Member
    edited February 2016
    I am still debugging what exactly happens, but I see two additional issues in 0.8.20

- Action switches will not always switch off when activated via a flow. Via "Devices" it works 100 %, but when a flow switches the device off, it is registered in Homey, but the signal isn't actually send to the device.

- Memory (freemem, show stuff for geeks) slowly decreases, to a point where it is so low (17965056) that I suspect the HomeyOS starts swapping;  load increases to 1.7 and the Homey webpage starts failing to response in time.  This was after 11 hours of uptime (and lots of testing). 

After a power down/power up, freemem was OK again (75583488) , but 12 hours later (of minimal activity), it is down again (37878908) and decreases steadily over time.

• aloft said:
    - Action switches will not always switch off when activated via a flow. Via "Devices" it works 100 %, but when a flow switches the device off, it is registered in Homey, but the signal isn't actually send to the device.
    Are that all the action switches or some typically like sensors. 
  • aloft said:
    Are that all the action switches or some typically like sensors. 
    To be specific, Eurodomest socket switches.  

They worked fine in 0.8.17 ; and setting them manually via the 'Devices' tab is no issues. Just when powering down via a flow, they will not respond 60 % of the time.  In Devices, it is registered that there is a powerdown, but the actual 433Mhz command isn't sent (properly). 

I didn't try Kaku switches yet, to see if they have the same issue, to pinpoint it to generic 433Mhz or to the Action Eurodomeest driver specifically. 
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yesterday i have try a smartwares motion sensor to switch hue lamps in a flow, yesterday was it fine now i will hope that is today in the evening right too. The Pairing process was very very quick. You can use Intertechno devices too, i have  tested it with the smartwares plugin, all fine:)  
  • Why I mention the sensors is because they are sending first a signal.
    When you let Homey react by sending directly to a device, it can be inter-fear that signal.

Here are KaKu devices in use. In 0.8.17 Athon have make a delay in sending to more devices at once by a flow.
    Hopefully they have that not turn back in 0.8.20.

• aloftaloft Member
    edited February 2016
    Why I mention the sensors is because they are sending first a signal.
    When you let Homey react by sending directly to a device, it can be inter-fear that signal.

Here are KaKu devices in use. In 0.8.17 Athon have make a delay in sending to more devices at once by a flow.
    Hopefully they have that not turn back in 0.8.20.

Great suggestion; and indeed: If I test the flow manually, it works 100 % of the time.  The flow is triggered by a KaKu remote. If I delay turning off the socket by 3 seconds, there is no issue using the remote. Less than 3 seconds, and the switch off is unreliable. 
  • aloft said:
    I am still debugging what exactly happens, but I see two additional issues in 0.8.20

- Memory (freemem, show stuff for geeks) slowly decreases, to a point where it is so low (17965056) that I suspect the HomeyOS starts swapping;  load increases to 1.7 and the Homey webpage starts failing to response in time.  This was after 11 hours of uptime (and lots of testing). 

After a power down/power up, freemem was OK again (75583488) , but 12 hours later (of minimal activity), it is down again (37878908) and decreases steadily over time.

Same thing here concerning mem. Was at 12Mb this morning, load 1.9. Reboot : 85 Mb and 0.8 load. Then I started talking to Homey. Good response to Homey what is the time, 100% hit. Freemem down to 75Mb after 10 minutes. 

I read it often on the Forum that Homey works again after a reboot. I think they need to find out who is doing the leaking. 
  • Same thing here concerning mem. Was at 12Mb this morning, load 1.9. Reboot : 85 Mb and 0.8 load. Then I started talking to Homey. Good response to Homey what is the time, 100% hit. Freemem down to 75Mb after 10 minutes. 

I read it often on the Forum that Homey works again after a reboot. I think they need to find out who is doing the leaking. 
    Linux/Unix systems will all use all available memory as cache over time are you sure its not just doing what its supposed to ? 
  • KenPeters said:
    Same thing here concerning mem. Was at 12Mb this morning, load 1.9. Reboot : 85 Mb and 0.8 load. Then I started talking to Homey. Good response to Homey what is the time, 100% hit. Freemem down to 75Mb after 10 minutes. 

Linux/Unix systems will all use all available memory as cache over time are you sure its not just doing what its supposed to ? 
    That might be the case, although my Homey was unresponsive, needing a reboot. But that might not be related to the freemem indicator. 
  • For people who have issues with Homey not responding to "Ok homey" or "Hey homey" at all, and not able to type via speech-input, try to fully reset to factory and choose to clear all data, after this I was able again to trigger Homey and use manager/speech-input
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016

@taco ; As asked the info. I Have the Aeotec Multisensor 6 Gen 5

Missing lots of sensors , also the most important the motion sensor.
    In Homey Device manager after discovery it shows Generic Alarm (Its never getting triggerd) Luminance, Temperature and Battery.

It has: Motion, Temperature, Luminance, Humidity, Vibration and UV Sensor
    Specs : http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor

I Also have the AEOTEC Recessed Door Sensor Gen 5. Nifty door sensor like how they all should be. Battery powered, small and you can drill them in the door. (So you dont have those ugly sensors on top of the door)
    Specs: http://aeotec.com/hidden-z-wave-door-sensor

Homey detects it as a sensor with the options alarm and battery.
    But no matter what, Homey Always has a red blinking Alarm. A flow doesnt give anything alarm or no alarm.

If you want info on the devices, access to my homey , anything else but my whole bankaccount just let me know.

• Maybe this can be off help to: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1403 and http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1184

The 'Manufacturer Provided Product Manual' will provide a lot of information. 
  • Panda said:
    For people who have issues with Homey not responding to "Ok homey" or "Hey homey" at all, and not able to type via speech-input, try to fully reset to factory and choose to clear all data, after this I was able again to trigger Homey and use manager/speech-input
    I tried several resets to factory (with clear all data)..

I am able to type via speech-input, which was not possible after the first upgrade.
    But homey is not reacting on my voice / voice training will result in endless red rings (see Voice trainer goes bezerk).

You were able to complete the voice training successfully, or did Homey respond to "ok homey" without voice training?

• I didn't start the voice training after a full reset. The voice training messed up Homey, and it wouldn't respond anymore.
  • @mruiter I did some research into the Multisensor and Door sensor. By default they send controlling Basic Set frames which are ignored by Homey. To enable motion detection in the Multisensor, configuration parameter 5 has to be set to 2. Then the sensor sends Binary Switch frames upon movement.

For the Door Sensor configuration parameter 121 has to be set to 16 To to let the sensor send Binary Switch frames.

For the Multisensor enter "5,1,2" and for the Door Sensor "121,4,16" in the Configuration Data field in the device settings.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited February 2016
    @taco , nice and thanks. 
    I was just reading true the zwave for dummy manuals for about 45 minutes and was almost getting the parm options. Will try right away.

Any way to get uv and humidity in the reports ? or does homey not yet support these?

Maybee it would be handydandy to setup a zwavecode.athom.com site with a database of codes, or are you going to implement some kind of database for home to autodetect the device codes and fill in these parms by default ?
  • Site would maybe be a nice idea, but there will be apps in the future for those devices. 
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited February 2016
    I actualy think http://products.z-wavealliance.org/regions/1/categories ; has the needed information. Although I don't have an indept knowledge of z-wave, I was not able to extract the needed info from the links I posted earlier, I was able to backtrack it from the info @Taco posted. The product manuals and Configuration Capabilities (at least the one from Aeon Labs) have the needed information, you just have to understand what info needs to go where in homey's interface, maybe @Taco can explain that better as he knows both z-wave and homey. 

I.e. http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1184/embedconfigs
  • Panda said:
    I didn't start the voice training after a full reset. The voice training messed up Homey, and it wouldn't respond anymore.
    Gave it another try...

Directly after a full reset (without voice training), Homey was not listening to me (reacting on "ok homey" or " hey homey"...

So I switched to the Dutch language (with recommended reboot)... still not listening...
    Switched back to English language (with reboot)... still not listening

Started voice training and was expecting multiple red rings...
    but Homey recognised my "hey Homey" pretty good... I think I only saw 2 red rings...

Now Homey is listening again!   :)  Switching back and forth the language might have done the trick for me...
    I should give this a try at home... perhaps the kids will now also start listening B)
  • I tried to reproduce above mention steps... partly successful  :p

It's not the switching of languages (and thus the possible update of the corresponding settings), but the reboot after the full reset (part of the change of language routine) that solved my issue (unable to complete voice training).

I'm able to get good response if the following steps are taken:

1. Full reset (clear all data) by turning Homey up-side-down
    2. Wait until the voice has been downloaded (blue ring is off and verify in settings)
    3. Reboot Homey (Settings > system > stuff for geeks > reboot).
    4. Then do the voice training... I only needed 6 attempts to complete the training with "Hey Homey"  :)

So in addition to the suggestion @Panda ; made also apply a reboot after the full reset.

Hope this is solving more issues with voice training / recognition.
  • Didn't work for me.
    After a full reset, it still wasn't working. Then somebody on Tweakers told me he noticed his homey listened much better in a smaller room so I moved mine to the bedroom (thus unplugging/rebooting it). 
    Both the smaller room and the reboot didn't change anything. 
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited February 2016
    Don't sit too close to the homey. I moved to about 2 meters and tried. Don't speak too loud, Homey is a good listener. 5 out of 6 hit...
  • Fire69 said:
    Didn't work for me.
    After a full reset, it still wasn't working. Then somebody on Tweakers told me he noticed his homey listened much better in a smaller room so I moved mine to the bedroom (thus unplugging/rebooting it). 
    Did you try voice training before or after the unplugging / reboot?

The first time I did the full reset and tried the voice training, it looked oversensitive (continuous red rings).
    I was not able to recover from it. So I unplugged, restarted, re-tried same issue. Rebooted/ downloaded new voices/ tried voice training several times, all not successful. 

After my first success, I reproduced that if after a reset (clear all data) the voice training is executed (without reboot), the voice training will not be successful. Following above sequence... again successful.

For the record: at around 2 meters distance like @JohanKuster mentions,  in a fairly large (70 m2) room.
  • Fire69 said:
    Didn't work for me.
    Did you try voice training before or after the unplugging / reboot?

The first time I did the full reset and tried the voice training, it looked oversensitive (continuous red rings).
    I was not able to recover from it. So I unplugged, restarted, re-tried same issue. Rebooted/ downloaded new voices/ tried voice training several times, all not successful. 

After my first success, I reproduced that if after a reset (clear all data) the voice training is executed (without reboot), the voice training will not be successful. Following above sequence... again successful.

For the record: at around 2 meters distance like @JohanKuster mentions,  in a fairly large (70 m2) room.
    I tried before and after :smile: 

I'm trying it again right now, about 3m from Homey, different volumes, all red rings :neutral: 

The training should maybe give more feedback about what was wrong with the sample...
  • What I don't understand how can hey homey give a green light while interface says to use OK Homey.
    Also I manage to get allot of green lights by only saying OK. It makes me lose the faith in the system (snik)
This discussion has been closed.