This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

Comments

• First if all, why are you rebooting? 

Second of all, .20 is a beta update so you have to select 'experimental' in the updates section. 
  • MichaelHildMichaelHild Member
    edited March 2016
    start complete new set up of Homey!
    start new set up!
    start new recovery1
    start setting/system/reboot
    still 32 clicks - this bucks have not been fixed
    N O T H I N G happens, still vers. 08.17
    no update!
    no 433MHz, nothing 
    no remote pairing possible, nothing

ist doch scheisse, es funktioniert nix
  • Do you have the checkbox for experimental updates checked? 
    . 20 is only experimental still. 

Note: for now,  it is not possible to return to stable releases only. So make sure you don't mind all the experimental updates only
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016
    The whole of Homey world is an experiment tied together. We wil need a firmware of 30 to get out off the experm fase i predict.
    But hey , i love the Homey. No nagging because you know what you signed up when its a kickstart.

We / You are the first waves of tester. I'm a first wave, the ones still waiting will catch the next wave as soon as its there.
  • start complete new set up of Homey!
    start new set up!
    start new recovery1
    start setting/system/reboot
    still 32 clicks - this bucks have not been fixed
    N O T H I N G happens, still vers. 08.17
    no update!
    no 433MHz, nothing 
    no remote pairing possible, nothing

ist doch scheisse, es funktioniert nix
    Helloooo, anybody home?
    If you come asking for help here, it helps if you read what other people are telling you...

- First, you don't need to reboot!
    - Second, if you do reboot, stop clicking that button, it has no use!!
    - Third, that bug IS FIXED, in version 0.8.20!!!
    - Fourth,  you need to enable Experimental updates in Settings - Updates

- And fifth and most important, please keep your scheisse to yourself, no need to come cursing here when you are the reason why it's not working...

Some people...  :(

• MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    start complete new set up of Homey!
    sta.....
    Helloooo, anybody home?
    If you come asking for help here, it helps if you read what other people are telling you...

- First, you don't need to reboot!
    - Second, if you do reboot, stop clicking that button, it has no use!!
    - Third, that bug IS FIXED, in version 0.8.20!!!
    - Fourth,  you need to enable Experimental updates in Settings - Updates

- And fifth and most important, please keep your scheisse to yourself, no need to come cursing here when you are the reason why it's not working...

Some people... 

@Fire69

Helloooo, we are ALL home.

- First of all, what makes you so special to decide what, or what not, is to be said on this Forum?

- Secondly, if you are such a wizzard/expert as you claim to be on teh diverse fora on Homey, why not help? It's been a week and the 0.8.20 issues are being fixed with workarounds that do not work for everyone. Oddly enough, it seems to be Homey dependable. So if someone says something doesn't work, it could be true!

-Thirdly I'm glad your experience fixing bugs with your first update is so much better then us first batch backers. (as if :joy: ) The problems we are ALL having, are mostly bugs which where solved in earlier versions. Athom took a new (perhaps wrong) turn in 0.8.13 and further, trying to please the geek backers who were screaming for their Homey to be delivered.

So maybe, just maybe, you could help a fellow backer instead of trashing him... if not, please leave....

• Funny...

First, It's common courtesy to watch your language.  Yeah, even on the internet manners are appreciated by some people...

Second, I did try to help him by telling him he has to select the experimental updates.  But he choose to ignore that and come complaining here that nothing is working...

- Third, what does experience in helping fix bug have to do with this?  Or even what type of backer? :joy:

In short, I tried helping him, I don't see you doing that?  So maybe you should just leave yourself, I guess he's old enough to defend himself it he feels the need to...
  • I don't have a Homey yet but I read that 0.8.17 is the newest stable version; you need to enable 'experimental' to see this update.
  • Come on people, let's keep it friendly here. By now it's quite clear that perception about the functionality and stability of Homey differ (I belong to the more positive people it seems) No need to bash each other over it, just accept it.

@MichaelHild , there are instructions in this thread on how to install the experimental build 0.8.20 if you decide to keep your Homey. It's always good to read before responding :+1: 
  • So today have i need reboot my homey because 1 z-wave motion sensor doesnt switch a hue lamp on. No non responsable error i have look before in the UI after restart it works again.now the first time homey give me a warning its going to rain:) 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    0.8.20 is in stable :)
  • @Emile, any changes/improvements compared to the experimental 0.8.20?
  • spamenigmaspamenigma Member
    edited March 2016
    Emile said:
    0.8.20 is in stable
    Any ETA for 0.8.21 or whatever the next version will be, having no end of z-wave issues and github comments are suggesting we try on 0.8.21?
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited March 2016
    @Aljoen I think it is not possible to have changes between 0.8.20 experimental and 0.8.20 in stable. When they changed some code the version number must also change. Because the version is exactly the same you can assume there were no changes applied.

Hoping for a next major update release on short term with more basic stuff fixed.
    <3
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited March 2016
    Emile said:
    0.8.20 is in stable  :)
    Power reboot gives here for now not the 0.8.20 version. Maybe later.

14:27 It is here now.
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    I got 0.8.20 on my stable channel homey, but it is not stable. All the same issues as the experimental version. Very dissapointing.
  • EdTst said:
    I got 0.8.20 on my stable channel homey, but it is not stable. All the same issues as the experimental version. Very dissapointing.
    It's the same version (same number), but it's just considered to be OK for the stable channel or at least better than the previous version on the stable channel. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    0.8.20 beta is equal to 0.8.20 stable.

Don't expect a really 'stable' release until 1.0.0. Just make sure to report your issues so we can fix them!
  • Emile said:
    0.8.20 beta is equal to 0.8.20 stable.

Don't expect a really 'stable' release until 1.0.0. Just make sure to report your issues so we can fix them!
    Any time on the 0.8.21 FW ?    want to test more zwave 

Thanks
    edited March 2016
    Hopefully comes version 1.0.0 not after 0.99.99.

edited March 2016
    May I go back to version 0.8.17

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/298

• And hopefully shipment is before 0.99.99 
  • Homey is and stays now off. That means also no testing to confirm problems from others.
    It is very, very difficult for me now to stay positive.
    Why can things that works perfectly be broken in the next update.

• JeroenKleijnJeroenKleijn Member
    edited March 2016
    Same here. It has to stay off till 433MHz blocking is fixed. all kaku is blocked and the WAF is gone when the kaku remote doesnt work anymore. 

edited March 2016
    @JeroenKleijn
    Thanks for your reaction, so I am not alone.
    Will you also support me on  https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/298

• unpacked my Homey (geek edition) yesterday, after returning from holiday. 

Upon initial installation (0.17 ?) I was able to configure devices and create a flow that switches stuff on and off. However, i was having trouble with default commands like 'what's the time'. After upgrading to 0.20, things seem to have become more unstable.

- Having same issue with 443MHz blocking, my remote becomes blocked sometimes
    - Turn the lights on and turn the lights off are most of the times read as 'turn the lights on'. 
    - Wiki plugin doesn't work for me. It shows the white 'processing' ring, but nothing happens.

Until now, it's by far the most expensive Clock i have ever owned, as that's the only thing that it's doing correctly :')

I would indeed recommend only to ship the hardware to people that are willing to participate in this 'alpha' stage of software testing...

• MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Funny...

First, It's common courtesy to watch your language.  Yeah, even on the internet manners are appreciated by some people...

Second, I did try to help him by telling him he has to select the experimental updates.  But he choose to ignore that and come complaining here that nothing is working...

- Third, what does experience in helping fix bug have to do with this?  Or even what type of backer? joy

In short, I tried helping him, I don't see you doing that?  So maybe you should just leave yourself, I guess he's old enough to defend himself it he feels the need to...
    I didn't help, because it's a firmware/app thingy, something that we've seen before.   Not everything is fixed by turning something on and off. And no i do not differentiate between kinds of backers, what i tried to explain is that all the sollutions given, are mostly the same as they where from the early start... 9 out of 10  do not work. And if you trie to help someone and it doesn't work, don't trash them by saying they haven't read the posts, or in other words they are the ones doing something wrong. That's my point. But i'll leave you be...
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited March 2016

Well, Friday is almost over where is @emile his big news as posted earlier

Waiting for the 8.21 or higher release so i can turn my Homey on again for Kaku work.
    Now  i have to pay big money zakgeld for my son to switch the lights and open the garage door....... :(

• Homey is and stays now off. That means also no testing to confirm problems from others.
    It is very, very difficult for me now to stay positive.
    Why can things that works perfectly be broken in the next update.

You should not have invested in a kickstarter project. Kickstarter projects mean you will get a product that is still in development and not an of the shelf retail product which has "no bugs". When investing in a crowdfunding project that will deliver you a product, it means you will automaticly become a betatester. 
    So whining in the forum that Homey is not a fully functional project is therefore a sign you don't fully understand the concept of crowdfunding.

And it is perfectly normal to introduce a bug that was not there in the previous release because when you change something in the firmware there are a lot of processes that are connected in some way or the other so you can't prevent that from happening. The beta stage is intented to find out those bugs that are happening now, as mentioned by emile, you cannot expect a very stable release of firmware until version 1.0
    Version 1.0 is usualy the first initial stable release when a product goes RETAIL.
  • mruiter said:

Well, Friday is almost over where is @emile his big news as posted earlier

Waiting for the 8.21 or higher release so i can turn my Homey on again for Kaku work.
    Now  i have to pay big money zakgeld for my son to switch the lights and open the garage door....... :(

See my question as well:  
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/13098/#Comment_13098

This discussion has been closed.