This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.20

Comments

• @TedTolboom ;
    just did
    1. full reset wipe all data
    2. Wait till voice is downloaded
    3. Reboot
    4. Microphone testing with HEY Homey and yess 5 out of 9

+1000 Ted
  • edited February 2016
    .....but it's now not reacting when I do Hey Homey outside microphone window
    more testing ........

EDIT
    after another reboot I'm getting response

Did 4 times Hey homey what's the time and received 3 good responses
  • @Taco I filled the parm in the settings. No change on both device. Still doing (or not doing) what they did before.

Would be handy to have a z-wave command app , i learned i should also be able to query parms with a result to see a setting. Now this is not possible or is there maybee a hidden page just like the speech manager available.

And i rebooted the Homey multiple times because with no change. Looks like the parms dont get received by the devices. 

• When you press save the command will be queued to send to the device. You'll have to wake up the device manually or wait for the device to wake up on interval. If you reboot the queue will be emptied and your settings are lost if they are not applied.

This will be automated in Z-Wave apps.
  • Rebooting doesn't solve the RF problem with Elro, Kaku an Action. I get one signal thru for one device, and then it dies on me. Using manual or a flow doesn't work for me either.... It's great to get Homey listening, but it can't carry out my commands 'cause the RF signals aren't working... Yet again, my Homey is a fancy tablelight....

I said a few months ago that Athom should focus on the core promise, but the core signals are (again) not working, while the focus (also again) seems to be on flashy interfaces and such. I for one, don't see how  problems with transmitters and speech can be  "overlooked" in two weeks of testing, when it's the core of Homey.

Don't get me wrong, love the idea and know Homey/Athom is capable of much more, but for the last few weeks we are running backwards...
  • Speaking of UI - the Flow picklist should definitely scroll. Over a certain amount of flows you can't see the bottom ones. Also, what's the sorting logic in this list?
  • Speaking of UI - the Flow picklist should definitely scroll. Over a certain amount of flows you can't see the bottom ones. Also, what's the sorting logic in this list?
    The last edited one goes to the bottom.  Not very practical if you ask me :smile: 
    But then again, the entire flow list isn't very practical for the moment I think.
  • @TedTolboom ;
    just did
    1. full reset wipe all data
    2. Wait till voice is downloaded
    3. Reboot
    4. Microphone testing with HEY Homey and yess 5 out of 9

+1000 Ted

I tried the above, no success can call what I want, always a red ledring as antwoord.bij record in HOMEY itself simultaneously and in the app, the app or sometimes responds to ok HOMEY 
    , but HOMEY itself not, what goes wrong ??
  • @HarmStellinga ;

I feel your pain! have been trying for more then two weeks

A few addition:

make sure nothing in the room is making a sound 
    I sat arround two meters away from homey
    homey was on the same height as my mouth was
    I was speaking in to homey's direction
    Use Hey Homey not OK Homey

Hope this will help you because it's no fun keeping trying without results

• Sounds like voice recognition only works with full moon while cuddling a silver angel....
  • Fire69 said:
    Speaking of UI - the Flow picklist should definitely scroll. Over a certain amount of flows you can't see the bottom ones. Also, what's the sorting logic in this list?
    The last edited one goes to the bottom.  Not very practical if you ask me :smile: 
    But then again, the entire flow list isn't very practical for the moment I think.

It would be very nice when the flow window is scrollable and the flows them self can be grouped in a tree like structure.
  • The flows are good for now of course they will be extended in the future to sustain complex logic.

For now what is on the list for next firmware upgrade ? 
  • kitkat said:

As a user I would like to have a stable 433 interface so I can control my KAKU devices and use remotes in flows.
    As a user I would like to be able to manage my zwave network so I can remove nodes and remove failed nodes and get rid of ghost devices in my network.

Just my most desired user stories ...
  • Wait first that this 0.8.20 version is stable and is roll out for every one, including me. ;)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited March 2016
    I have 0.8.20 running and it stable enough for me.

In case somebody wants to see some flows working i'm willing to create some video's. I do have some Smartwares devices,  Philips Hue lightstrips, Lux and Hue Bloom running. Speech doesn't work for me.
  • kitkat said:
    You can check Github for that.
  • Phuturist said:
    kitkat said:

As a user I would like to have a stable 433 interface so I can control my KAKU devices and use remotes in flows.
    As a user I would like to be able to manage my zwave network so I can remove nodes and remove failed nodes and get rid of ghost devices in my network.

Just my most desired user stories ...
    I'm talking to Taco about zwave.  For me, it's already a lot stabler than .17 (that was completely unusable).
    I was able to remove  node now, but there are still some weird things happening.
  • @Phuturist
    Here with 0.8.17 I can control my KaKu devices and remote in flows.
    For the moment there are a very few flows that are use for that.
    Not working sun events and a time deviation in flow, up to 1 minute behind, are the reason  for that.
  • Strange that results per Homey are so different (like voice recognition as well). Below are my findings concerning KAKU on 0.8.20:

* KAKU ACDB-7000B doorbell is not recognized
    * KAKU remote ATMT-502 can not be paired
    * KAKU remote YCT-100 can not be paired
    * KAKU remote APA2-2003R can be paired but does not trigger a flow (it does not even have a channel setting for that matter)

I do have a socket which I switch off in a flow with a time trigger. This works perfect.
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited March 2016
    For now Homey speech too me:) Smartwaves Motion Sensor Works with hue Lamps and Z-Wave Switches, The Smartwaves Motion  didntTrigger sometimes i dont know why, but the 20 Version is a small milestone for me:) Thank you Athom fort your hard work
  • brot84 said:
    For now Homey speech too me:) Smartwaves Motion Sensor Works with hue Lamps and Z-Wave Switches, The Smartwaves Motion  didntTrigger sometimes i dont know why, but the 20 Version is a small milestone for me:) Thank you Athom fort your hard work
    nice!
  • Phuturist said:

My (same type) doorbell works fine with version .20 how did you try to add it?

Add Kaku device > doorbell > hold the two wires against each other and it gets recognized. Even used the doorbell in a flow without problems..
  • Reflow said:
    Phuturist said:

My (same type) doorbell works fine with version .20 how did you try to add it?

Add Kaku device > doorbell > hold the two wires against each other and it gets recognized. Even used the doorbell in a flow without problems..
    So I read, but it eally isnt working for me. I did try and add it as a KAKU doorbell but it does not get recognized by Homey. It's kinda hard to test it though as I have it installed next to my actual doorbell with a relay (when the doorbell is rang the relay switches on and the KAKU ACDB-7000B sends a signal). It's in a closet where my fusebox is and it's somewhere up high where I can not easily reach it. Next to that, my kids go to sleep around 19:00 and I cant keep ringing the bell to test it. I did test that it works though, I'm able to switch on a KAKU socket when paired with the doorbell. So I'm sure the signal of the KAKU ACDB-7000B is send when somebody rings the doorbell. It's not high on my priority list so I'll wait for 0.8.21 or an update of the KAKU app and hope it will change something.
  • Jacob said:
    Thanks for the tip but I decided to go this way because I dont want to rely on a wireless signal only. If for some reason this does not work you are left without a doorbell. In my solution I have the regular doorringer which will always ring as it's a closed system powered by a trafo in the fusebox. I just added a transmitter so I could get a push notification as well.
  • I have exactly the same thing as @Phuturist
    That way u dont have to replace ur existing pushbutton outside and its not battery powered.
    Works for me!
  • Phuturist said:
    Strange that results per Homey are so different (like voice recognition as well). Below are my findings concerning KAKU on 0.8.20:

* KAKU remote ATMT-502 can not be paired
    * KAKU remote YCT-100 can not be paired
    * KAKU remote APA2-2003R can be paired but does not trigger a flow (it does not even have a channel setting for that matter)

I do have a socket which I switch off in a flow with a time trigger. This works perfect.
    I guess the KAKU capabilities are not so much related to the homey software version. It is more a matter of updating the KAKU app which is still 1.14 last time I checked
  • Hi, I just tried to update my Homey Vers. 0.8.17 
    following steps:
    Settings
    System
    Stuff for Geeks
    Reboot
    shows me permanent whit small window (object Object)
    no update possible

where is my mistake in understanding and how to follow up?
  • This is a known (and fixed) bug in 0.8.17. Just keep on ckicking ok. In the end it will stop showing up.
  • thanks, but after 32 clicks still no update
    still shows update vers. 0.8.17
    :-(
This discussion has been closed.