This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Anyone with connection issues in the new beta app, please do the following:
    - Login to homey and go to Settings > Apps
    - Click the logo of the Kodi app
    - Hold ALT on your keyboard and click 'Send log to the developer'

This will help me pinpoint what is going wrong. I don't seem to experience any connectivity issues, so it is really hard to figure out what is going wrong

• Hi guys. Just published a new beta version to the app store that should solve the connection issues, so keep an eye out for an update. Please let me know your findings @powermarcel10 ;

All credits go to @robertklep for submitting the Pull Request :).
  • EvertorN said:
    Hi guys. Just published a new beta version to the app store that should solve the connection issues, so keep an eye out for an update. Please let me know your findings @powermarcel10 ;

All credits go to @robertklep for submitting the Pull Request :).
    I have tried it for some days now. Seems to work great, dont think Kodi missed any trigger since upgrading to this version. Great work @EvertorN and @robertklep.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    I just installed it also, but didn't really have problems before, so I don't know if I will be of much help :P
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still in the process of adding an option to manually add a kodi device so Android users can add their kodi too. After that I'll publish it to the stable channel! 
  • Alrighty guys, just submitted the final beta version to the app store. If all goes well, this version will be promoted to stable soon :-).

Changelog:
    - Added support to manually add a new Kodi device (like the old version
    - Added trigger 'On screensaver activated'
    - Added trigger 'On screensaver deactivated'
    - Added trigger 'On video library scan finished'
    - Added trigger 'On audio library scan finished'
    - Added action 'Send a notification to Kodi'
    - Added action 'Scan video library'
    - Added action 'Scan audio library'
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited May 2018
    Took a while to get it approved, but v2.2.0 beta has been published :). Please let me know if you encounter any issues, otherwise I'll publish it to stable next week 
  • Hi all, i tried getting this to work, but i failed <span>:blush:</span>
    I installed the beta. 
    I send a log file The unique log ID is: f3209f1b-e17c-4241-928a-ded934836b22

I added the Kodo to THUIS group, but it doesnt show up in the app from Homey.
    I switched it to another but no difference
    If i click the music symbol and do a search i get the message no music apps installed.
    I restarted the Homey .
    If i acces the Kodi server thru my pc i get a good connection.

If i open the app on my phone, the added Kodi device will not show up?

Any help would make me happy!

Kind regards Herman
    edited May 2018
    Hi all, i tried getting this to work, but i failed <span>:blush:</span>
    I installed the beta. 
    I send a log file The unique log ID is: f3209f1b-e17c-4241-928a-ded934836b22

I added the Kodo to THUIS group, but it doesnt show up in the app from Homey.
    I switched it to another but no difference
    If i click the music symbol and do a search i get the message no music apps installed.
    I restarted the Homey .
    If i acces the Kodi server thru my pc i get a good connection.

If i open the app on my phone, the added Kodi device will not show up?

Any help would make me happy!

Kind regards Herman
    Hi @Herman2604 ; ,

I just got your log, but I couldn't see anything strange with it. It looks like you have succesfully added your Kodi device and played a song on Kodi

However, I think you've got the wrong expectations of the Kodi app:
    - The Kodi app only adds support for Kodi devices, so it won't show up under apps
    - The kodi app does not integrate with the Homey Music library, so searching for songs through the Homey app will not work.

Try navigating to your Flows. Your Kodi device should show up there and you should be able to build all kinds of flows using events (e.g. when a movie starts) or actions (play this movie).

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Cheers,
    Marvin

• Oi ok Marvin thx , then indeed i had the wrong expectations!
    I ll try working with the flows, thx for the quick reply.!

Im a new user so some things i expected the homey could do it just cant do it seems , i was hoping to play MP3 's with ease but its harder then it should be .

Ill post something if i get a flow working!
    have a nice day!
  • It works like you said, just not like i thought :-), so the search goes on .

kind regards!
  • @Herman2604
    I was planning on looking into adding support for integration with Homey Media, but I read that this will be discontinued in a future Homey version. So I don't think Homey would be able to solve your problem of playing MP3's in an automated way.
  • EvertorN said:
    @Herman2604
    I was planning on looking into adding support for integration with Homey Media, but I read that this will be discontinued in a future Homey version. So I don't think Homey would be able to solve your problem of playing MP3's in an automated way.
    It seems so sadly, well maybe its time to step into the next generation and get Spotify and a device capable of streaming, like a Sonos :-)
  • Pushed v2.2.0 to the stable channel! If anyon has any problems, please let me know.
  • Hello,

I want to report a problem, I have some connection issues. Basically, during the day the app loses it's connection to Kodi. I reboot Kodi often or put the pc into hibernation/sleep, and when Kodi starts or comes out of hibernation it's supposed to turn the tv on. Homey doesnt seem to recognize this new instance of Kodi.
    It works when I restart the (Homey Kodi) app, but I reckon this isn't the primary function of a restart :P.

Also, every day I reboot the Homey as a last resort, but it still can't find Kodi every time I start Kodi.

And when I use the ZeroConf option, the app can't find Kodi, when other apps on my smartphone (Yatse) can, this isnt a problem for me, but maybe I can help solve it.

I really like the app btw, I bought a Homey for some simple automation, but I was pleasantly surprised what it can do with Kodi, it's really powerful and high tech imo, turning down the lights when a movie starts or starting the game addon and putting the tv in Game Mode, (which is really laborious without automation), really cool!

• @DerKnut

So if I am understanding correctly, you:
    - Have successfully added a Kodi device to Homey
    - all works as expected
    - Then you put your PC in hibernation mode and after you resume your PC, restart Kodi, Homey doesn't seem to find it?

If this is the case, please  send me a log at the moment Homey is unable to find Kodi. You can do this by:
    - Logging in to my.athom.com (on a PC)
    - Go to 'Settings'
    - Go to 'Apps'
    - Click the Kodi app logo
    - Hold the Alt-key. A new link called 'send a log to the developer' should now appear.
    - Click the link and I should receive some detailed information in my email to help me resolve this problem.

PS: Thanks for the kind words :-)
  • DerKnutDerKnut Member
    edited June 2018
    EvertorN said:
    @DerKnut

So if I am understanding correctly, you:
    - Have successfully added a Kodi device to Homey
    - all works as expected
    - Then you put your PC in hibernation mode and after you resume your PC, restart Kodi, Homey doesn't seem to find it?

Yes, except it also does this when I just start an instance of Kodi, for example: I use the PC for browsing, then change monitors, Kodi starts, Homey doesnt detect new instance of Kodi -> the flow to turn on the tv doesnt start.
    I'll send the log as soon as the bug reappears!

Edit: Log has been sent!
    edited June 2018
    @DerKnut
    Just had a look at the log. I have a hunch this is because the IP address of your changes after you restart your PC. The reason Zero Conf cannot find your Kodi is because it has already been added (Homey recognizes a device by its MAC address). The Kodi app unfortunately does not (yet) detect IP address changes 

My suggestion would be to assign a static IP address to your PC, remove the Kodi device from Homey and re-add it. 

Let me know if this all makes sense.

• The PC already has a static IP address, not from within the Windows 10 network settings though, but I assigned it with my Fritz!box. I also gave Homey a static IP.

Hmm, I tried adding the Kodi "device" multiple times with Zeroconf. I deleted the Kodi "device" all three times, and tried adding it with the both the desktop app and the Beta android app, it didnt detect anything. I tried it last time too, to no avail.
  • @EvertorN the new Kodi app is working great! But is it possible to make a trigger in the app when its on a particular time in the movie (or serie) So that you can set a trigger for the last 2 min when the movie is almost finished, that the lights go on, or open the curtains, etc..  (sorry for my bad english)
  • DerKnut said:
    The PC already has a static IP address, not from within the Windows 10 network settings though, but I assigned it with my Fritz!box. I also gave Homey a static IP.

Hmm, I tried adding the Kodi "device" multiple times with Zeroconf. I deleted the Kodi "device" all three times, and tried adding it with the both the desktop app and the Beta android app, it didnt detect anything. I tried it last time too, to no avail.
    Hmm.

Try to reinstall the app and make sure you are on the latest version (2.2.0)

- Follow the instructions on the app store to make sure you have enabled the appropriate settings to enable Homey to find Kodi using zero conf.
    - If this fails, try adding Kodi manually by selecting the Manual driver and typing the static ip of your kodi..

• Reemster said:
    @EvertorN the new Kodi app is working great! But is it possible to make a trigger in the app when its on a particular time in the movie (or serie) So that you can set a trigger for the last 2 min when the movie is almost finished, that the lights go on, or open the curtains, etc..  (sorry for my bad english)
    Good question. I know for sure that Kodi does not fire any events like that, which means that I'd have to build it in the app itself. Would be quite a task but I'll see if it is possible
  • EvertorN said:
    Reemster said:
    @EvertorN the new Kodi app is working great! But is it possible to make a trigger in the app when its on a particular time in the movie (or serie) So that you can set a trigger for the last 2 min when the movie is almost finished, that the lights go on, or open the curtains, etc..  (sorry for my bad english)
    Good question. I know for sure that Kodi does not fire any events like that, which means that I'd have to build it in the app itself. Would be quite a task but I'll see if it is possible
    It must be great if it was possible <span>:smile:</span>  thanks for looking in to it.
  • Exile82Exile82 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi EvertorN. Awesome job, keep it up! :)
    I have a different question, and it should maybe be aimed for another developer, but it involves you in some way! :)
    There is a really nice app called Homeyda.sh which is a dashboard that gather information from Homey, control a light, if a certain light is on or what value a temp sensor is broadcasting etc etc.

With two movie loving kids in the family, it would be so cool to also have "play state" for Kodi devices in that dashboard. For instance, via the Kodi web interface one can see what is playing, the duration of that media object and how much is left of it to play.
    I know that this is something that is not such event that is fired, but do you think that information is easily retrieved and implemented? Maybe this is information that can be retrieved and contained by your app, and presented by Homeyda.sh?
  • Exile82 said:
    Hi EvertorN. Awesome job, keep it up! :)
    I have a different question, and it should maybe be aimed for another developer, but it involves you in some way! :)
    There is a really nice app called Homeyda.sh which is a dashboard that gather information from Homey, control a light, if a certain light is on or what value a temp sensor is broadcasting etc etc.

With two movie loving kids in the family, it would be so cool to also have "play state" for Kodi devices in that dashboard. For instance, via the Kodi web interface one can see what is playing, the duration of that media object and how much is left of it to play.
    I know that this is something that is not such event that is fired, but do you think that information is easily retrieved and implemented? Maybe this is information that can be retrieved and contained by your app, and presented by Homeyda.sh?
    Hi,

This is definitely a good idea. I have already looked into something similar where I wanted to display the 'play state' on one of the mobile cards. Unfortunately Athom's available capabilities (e.g. turn on, turn off, dim, etc) are not easily mapped to Kodi's play state. I must say that was a while ago, whenever I have some free time I'll have a look and see if I can get it to work. As soon as Kodi devices have a play-state and Homey 'understands' this, it should be fairly easy to link it to homey dash
  • Thanks for quick feedback, and I am glad that you like it. I guess one can link play, pause and stop triggers to virtual devices that can be presented in Homeyda.sh for now. But I would really like that lovely graphical interface from kodis web interface, but that is however something for the developers of Homeyda.sh. :)
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm having troubles with the resume and stop events. I have flows for when Kodi starts playing, pauses, resumes, stops and closes which all write to the log, but I never see any logs about resuming and stopping. The other events work fine, but those don't.

Btw. I'm running Kodi 18 nightly.

• oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN,

First sorry for my english.
    Little problem, i have a addon on kodi tv melodies, this plays a soundtrack from the movie folder when you search in your kodi library and here comes the problem. I have two triggers, the first one is when kodi plays a movie the lights go off and the second one is when kodi stopped a movie the lights go on. The problem is when i go in my library and go from movie to another the lights go on/off. Can you please help me. Ah i forgott cheers again for the great work, best regards from germany.
  • oliveolive Member
    Hi @EvertorN,

Did you read my post?

Thanks
  • olive said:
    Hi @EvertorN,

Did you read my post?

Thankss
    Hi @olive

I think the problem is that the addon actually plays something on Kodi in order to play the themesongs. So Kodi thinks something starts playing and fires the 'play something' event.

In order to be sure, please submit a log (instructions somewhere in the last few pages of this thread). Then I can also think of a workaround you could build in your flows, because I don't think I can do anything about this from an app perspective.