This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• RichyRichy Member
    edited November 2017
    @Exile82 :
    The error "Error: unexpected server response (200)" in my case was caused by my assumption that default port 9090 doesnt have to be used explicitely. I left this area empty and got this error.
    You have to use 9090 (or other port of choice) in that text area. I hope this does solve your connection problem as well. 

• bulldogdriverbulldogdriver Member
    edited November 2017
    Couldn't get KODI working... shouted for help.  Found solution.  Solved. Now on to making flows.        Homey is hard sometimes..... but I myself is causing the trouble.... not looking/searching enough.       I'll get there <span>:smile:</span> slowely but surely.
  • Question
    Is it possible to use Vodcast with the kodi app? I want to make a good morning flow and start the news when I am a wake.
  • desperidoudesperidou Member
    edited November 2017
    limkopi78 said:

I see, so the FAQ meant: To configure 8080 in Kodi but in the Homey Kodi app to specify 9090. 
    Sorry I had a different interpretation of what the FAQ meant.

Thank god!

I've been banging my head over this since my purchase of a Homey (luckely just a few days ago, but still). I've been using a remote app to control Kodi for a while and just kept copying the 8080 settings over and over again. Maybe a little more explenation in the app FAQ would keep this thread from getting even longer.

Edit: But what I shouldn't forget to say is that now that it is working.... It's working like a charm! Thanks for this!
  • Hi,

I followed the FAQ to connect the kodi but I still get 'Could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details. Error: unexpected server response (200)'

• demian said:
    Hi,

I followed the FAQ to connect the kodi but I still get 'Could not connect to your Kodi! Please verify your details. Error: unexpected server response (200)'

Could you try to open the web interface from another device. Maybe your Windows firewall is blocking homey.
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited December 2017
    @demian Use port 9090 (actually type it in the config window) when you are trying to connect from Homey. The app uses TCP (websockets).
  • When I try to confgure Kodi (installed on Nvidia Shield) I get this error:

Any ideas?
  • @Count_B
    Have you enabled "allow remote devices to control kodi" and rebooted kodi after enabling this setting? 
  • Count_B said:
    When I try to confgure Kodi (installed on Nvidia Shield) I get this error:

Any ideas?
    I know its not exactly the same.. But I am using the MiBox 3 with Kodi installed and with the correct internal Kodi settings, I can connect without issue. Hope that helps to rule out the Shield being the issue
  • I think the problem is that when you have added the app and change the IP address it doesn't work anymore. When I deleted the app, installed it again and configure it with the new IP address everything works!
  • was getting error 200 .. deinstall install app .. as above .. use TCP in homey app 9090 .. but in kodi leave 8080 ports .. 
  • I am currently doing a complete rewrite of the app! This will also greatly improve the pairing process as Homey will be able to automatically detect Kodi devices now :)
    Little sneak peak:

• EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys,

Just submitted v2.0 to the beta channel. Could you guys please help me out with testing? For those who cannot wait, you can install v2 via https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi/tree/SDK2

Changelog:
    - Complete rewrite to SDK2
    - Improved stability
    - Added flow action 'Start addon'
    - Add flow condition 'Kodi is playing movie/episode/music/anything'
    - New automatic pairing process using zeroconf. This should make it easier for everyone to add Kodi devices :). Make sure this is enabled in Settings / Services / General
    - Removed speech since there are a lot of collisions with internal Homey commands. Waiting for Athom to improve the speech interface.

Upgrading from < v2.0 should be fine, but deleting your current devices + re-pairing is advised. 

• EvertorN said:
    Hi guys,

Just submitted v2.0 to the beta channel. Could you guys please help me out with testing? For those who cannot wait, you can install v2 via https://github.com/MarvinSchenkel/HomeyKodi/tree/SDK2

Changelog:
    - Complete rewrite to SDK2
    - Improved stability
    - Added flow action 'Start addon'
    - Add flow condition 'Kodi is playing movie/episode/music/anything'
    - New automatic pairing process using zeroconf. This should make it easier for everyone to add Kodi devices :). Make sure this is enabled in Settings / Services / General
    - Removed speech since there are a lot of collisions with internal Homey commands. Waiting for Athom to improve the speech interface.

Upgrading from < v2.0 should be fine, but deleting your current devices + re-pairing is advised. 
    @EvertorN great update!
    Installed it, removed the old instances of Kodi and installed the new ones (correctly discovered).
    Triggering seems to work fine (briefly test).

Possible bug found:
    • Kodi app settings page does not load; spinning circle visible on the website and no content on the Homey app..
      Inspection shows:
  • @TedTolboom Cheers Ted! I think I will just remove the settings page, as app settings are not used anymore in this version. Let me know if you bump into any other issues
  • Hello,

I removed the old version and installed the new beta version. But it says that it can not find any new devices and I have to close the window.. Due to my router, I'm never able to find my HTPC, but I can always add it mannually by enter the right IP adress an port number. But that option is gone??
  • Hello,

I removed the old version and installed the new beta version. But it says that it can not find any new devices and I have to close the window.. Due to my router, I'm never able to find my HTPC, but I can always add it mannually by enter the right IP adress an port number. But that option is gone??
    Did you delete the original device also? Otherwise, you still have the device and there is nothing more to find
  • Hello,

Make sure zeroconf is enabled and try rebooting Kodi just before looking for new devices.. One of my kodi devices has some issues with getting found as well and this seemed to do the trick. Let me know if you can pair yours :)
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanx @EvertorN. I have installed the beta and re-added my Kodi instance. Like Ted mentioned there is an issue with the settings page. I dont use it anyway so getting rid of it seems like a good option.

I have added the new device to my flows and will do some testing this evening. I'll post here if I find something.

[EDIT]
    All seems to work fine!
  • EvertorN said:
    Hello,

Make sure zeroconf is enabled and try rebooting Kodi just before looking for new devices.. One of my kodi devices has some issues with getting found as well and this seemed to do the trick. Let me know if you can pair yours :)
    Bonjour service from apple was not installed.. I think this was the trick. However, zeroconf is still disabled in kodi and I'm not able to enable it. However, Homey found my Kodi. Thanks for the hint!
  • The app is constantly loosing it's connection to Kodi, so I installed the old app again wich is working always.. Any ideas?
  • To all beta users: Have you experienced any issues, I wanna release it to stable? @powermarcel10 , are you still experiencing connectivity issues? The beta version is working like a charm here.
  • Is it correct that the Beta is still not possible on Android due to the fact, that you cant run zeroconf?
  • EvertorN said:
    To all beta users: Have you experienced any issues, I wanna release it to stable? @powermarcel10 , are you still experiencing connectivity issues? The beta version is working like a charm here.
    I have a new pc, so I will try it again this evening. I will let you know the results! 
  • EvertorN said:
    To all beta users: Have you experienced any issues, I wanna release it to stable? @powermarcel10 , are you still experiencing connectivity issues? The beta version is working like a charm here.
    I still experience that sometimes the Homey app does not see Kodi as online after my Kodi device has booted. But this is no different than the previous version. Other than that it's running fine here.
  • EvertorN said:
    I have a new pc, so I will try it again this evening. I will let you know the results! 

With version 1.9.0 I had zero problems.. Trying version 2.0, but it's not working.. I can find my device now as zero config is installed, but that's all.. The settings page keeps loading and loading, nothing happend.. 

I have tried the latest beta again for a few days, and the problems still exist.. After configuring my kodi device for the first time, it works for some time, and then the connection is gone and flows are not working anymore.. 

Do you need some logs or other info? Btw, I'm having a static IP adress, so that's not the problem..
  • New update.. The new beta app is working for some days now, so that's good news! Fingers crossed, and add it to stable channel.. (if no other one has problems with this beta)
  • Hmmm after my last comment, still connection issues.. 
  • The Kodi 2.0.0 app does not detect my Kodi on a windows PC, the libreelec is detected. Also the Shutdown Kodi on windows just shuts down kodi, would be nice to have an option to shutdown the PC too.