This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• mitchmitch Member
    Install seems to have gone perfectly. However, "no results found" when searching for media  :'(
  • Patience guys, working on a major update that should give a lot more details about what is going on and also let's you choose the best connection.
  • mitchmitch Member
    Cool. Will wait patiently, thanks!
  • phbphb Member
    Ok  looking  forward to  this update 
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne Any progress Mike?
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited June 2016
    Getting there.. But short on time. I'm doing as much as I can.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited June 2016
    For all the guys who are capable of using athom-cli, there is a new (development) version available in Github with a completely refactored settings page and connection logic. It also does live debugging in the browser console (of Node messages). Settings page is now completely events based and it also allows you to choose with IP (network interface) en exact connection to use. Oh.... and it (kinda) supports shared servers as well.

As I said, this release is still riddled with debug messages etc - not yet ready for app store release. But If someone likes to try it, please do so. 
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited June 2016
    Installed, love the improvement, @MikeOne, although is seems quite memory intensive at 88MB...

I've setup a flow - When Plex starts playing, say "Plex is playing".

Seems it still doesn't pick up Rasplex (PHT)? I've added Rasplex in devices without a hitch, so it isn't that?
  • I'm really not sure how rasplex works and if it uses the same API as a 'normal' PHT. Does it show the correct IP and port? What happens if you try to play using voice? Make sure to open the settings page and the browser console to see any errors..
  • ..and 88MB? You mean storage? That is weird. Mine clocks in at 19MB?
  • Btw, did you re-add your player after installing the new version?
    edited June 2016
    @MikeOne, yes I removed the app completely before installing, and added the player after... I was referring to application usage. I'm also getting 'this app crashed' frequently. 

Sample log: https://paste.ee/p/uwBWC - Log shows no activity when I play a file on the player that's added 

Log showing that play works though, hmmm: https://paste.ee/p/H0fbN

• I'm seeing some useful stuff in your logs, thanks! 

So let me understand correctly, the shawshank redemption did not actually play? Or did it?
  • And the app mem use is not that suprising.. You have quite a large library and the app caches all media entries and dynamically adds speech triggers for all media items. All that runs in memory for quick access.
  • And the only times I have seen a successful 'play' in the output, but nothing actually happens, is when PHT is running, but not logged into plex.tv...
  • Your star wars scenario is a good one. Homey seems to have a limitation on the 'ask' length which I hadn't encountered yet. I need to build in a check for that..(or george lucas needs to stop using these long titles :-))
    edited June 2016
    @MikeOne Sorry if I wasn't clear, the Shawshank did actually play! It seems however that the app doesn't detect the play / stop in flows? I also see nothing appear in the logs when starting / stopping anything on Rasplex, weird!
  • Ah okay.. Hmm. The stop and play triggers only work when you stop or play through voice using the app I think. What would you like it to do?

I must say that I haven't focussed much on flow functionality yet, so if you have suggestions?
    edited June 2016
    @MikeOne I'd like to be able to set a scene based on player activity, for example when Rasplex starting playing do x, when it stops / pauses do x... I tried to drag the player into the flow but guessed you hadn't quite got there yet...
  • Okay, so at the moment there are 2 triggers; start and stop and 2 actions; start a movie and stop a movie. 
    The triggers only trigger when you start a movie using the app (ie a voice command). If some other process starts a movie on Plex, I currently do not have a solid way to determine that as Plex does not have a (public) event system I can subscribe to. I could technically do some polling to either a player or the PMS, but this would be pretty flaky. 

I need to have a solid step-by-step scenario for your use case in order for me to determinr exactly what you need.

what DOES work at this moment for example is: start a movie using voice (okay homey, watch star trek) - and then trigger a flow that automatically dims my Hue lights. But I guess that is not exactly what you're looking for right?
    edited June 2016
    @MikeOne I presumed there was a way to poll the server, as currently I use apps such as PlexPy that poll the server and send notifications etc on different events?

It seems to use websockets...

• Interesting.. Definitely worth investigating.

thanks!
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne  it is nice to look at triggers and flows, but please concentrate  on a working app in general .Looking forward to a update
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited June 2016
    I am @phb :-)
    there are a few setups where things don't work, it works fine in most scenarios.

are you in a position to try the current github release? That version should fix most connection issues I think. It is in test now, but I will release it sometime next week in the app store.
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne running nl.kikkert.plex ......... damm        nl.kikkert.plex has been killed
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne  ok installed latest version now

• phbphb Member
    @MikeOne  my english must be very bad hahaha , but homey understood captain america and played it !! yes
  • Cool!
  • Is it possible to pause a movie/series? I have tried all sorts of combination with "pause" but it won't work.

Also: is it possible to use a IR remote to pause/start a movie?
  • I need to add some more triggers for pause I guess :-)

"movie pause" - works, however, the speech recognition has quite a hard time with the word "pause" it seems.