This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• p0nts said:
    theohesse said:
    I am a pre-order guy and I am not so sure that I will actually get a Homey before MM does... Just saying...
    Starting to think the same
    Come on........a bit more positive!!!!!! We've been there already!
    it's just because you can't wait.... :D
  • Emile said:
    Don't worry guys, we promised that every pre-order will get their Homey before any retailer and we still stand by that promise.

We're going to retail when Homey is ready for retail.
    ❤️
  • Found it in the Media Markt Utrecht (The Wall) Netherlands
  • damm,
    showmodel or a real one?

• edited January 2016
    On second thought....it's better to say nothing...
  • Would have been Nice to use the homeys for deliveries in stead of showcasing
  • I don't know if it's a fully working homey, it certainly had a working "moving" led ring.

it is beautiful, although hard to capture on a picture.

❤️
  • so the production pics we have seen where pics of producing showmodels.........
  • The cool thing is that I've spotted it far away from the store, I had to take a look.

unfortunately it was in between a pile of carrying baskets and a billboard was placed in front of it :-(
  •  :'( 
  • theohessetheohesse Member
    edited January 2016
    Emile said:
    Don't worry guys, we promised that every pre-order will get their Homey before any retailer and we still stand by that promise.

Wow, looks like we are all getting our Homeys yesterday because that is what I would call going retail!
    Thanks @Emile!
    Now just waiting for the fanboys to come up with some stupid excuses and "stay positive" BS.
    I am sorry but those kind of things just make me angry.
    How about just producing Homeys instead of making some nice and shinny displays for MM?!
    I just don't get this company anymore...
  • theohesse said:
    Emile said:

Wow, looks like we are all getting our Homeys yesterday because that is what I would call going retail!
    Thanks @Emile!
    Now just waiting for the fanboys to come up with some stupid excuses and "stay positive" BS.
    I am sorry but those kind of things just make me angry.
    How about just producing Homeys instead of making some nice and shinny displays for MM?!
    I just don't get this company anymore...
    Grow up dude, this is just marketing, its just a dummy. 
    i recommend all the people that are angry and complaining in the forums not to invest in kickstarter project ever again, you obviously can't handle it. Next time wait for it to be sold in the store.
  • Whether it is a functional or dummy Homey doesn't matter, if your product stands in a retail store, you have gone retail (I should now, I own a retail company).
    So what Emile said was plain wrong, there is no talking around that.
    And for the last time: myself and a lot of other people here have pre-ordered Homey (delivery date: January) so we should not be treated to all this postponing of delivery date BS that is associated with Kickstarter campaigns (I actually backed a lot there).
    PS: Grown up people don't use the word "dude".
  • athom needs all the exposure it can get. When the Kickstarter deliveries and the preorders are fulfilled they'll go retail. We all benefit If athom is a steady company for many years to come.

exposure like this will help a lot.

they now produce 250 units a week which isn't much but it doesn't matter if a few of those are used for marketing purposes, it could mean your getting your homy one or two day's later.

• Whether it is a functional or dummy Homey doesn't matter, if your product stands in a retail store, you have gone retail (I should now, I own a retail company).

You can not buy at the store so it is not in retail !!!! it is just marketing DUDE !
    So you not a backer but a preorder same deal don't preorder then !! stop wining !!
  • Come on guys this is a good thing. The more homey sells the more profit en the more support for apps we get.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Pretty cool to see Homey showcased like this @ MM! We made this possible right?  :smile:
    Can't wait to receive him!
  • Ok guys, I am out.
    Let's hope everything works out great for everyone.
  • Some people in this topic don't remotely understand the key principles of product development. Luckily the Athom team seems to understand it quite well!
  • Qx5 said:
    Pretty cool to see Homey showcased like this @ MM! We made this possible right?  :smile:
    Can't wait to receive him!
    Second that, makes me even more anxious of having it here to play with. I really hope it won't take long anymore (even for preorders).
  • Wow guys, relax. I mean, I'm also (a bit) worried about it, but hold your horses! Let's keep it a bit civilized. I hope Athom does surprise us and that they pull it of! After all, I wish them all the best and I can sure see they work incredibly hard to fullfill their dream.

Criticism / feeback is all good, as long as it is polite... And it's pretty understandable we're all very anxious. My girlfriend already doesn't believe that we'll ever get a Homey, but I'm keeping confident, although I highly doubt / criticise some decisions Athom made. For instance, I'm also dissapointed that Athom took the MediaMarkt and only a few big shops route. Partly because I own a small domotics webshop that is now left out (which I really don't like). I would have thought a bit slower buildup would've been better, but who am I? I'd love to be proven wrong and I hope @Emile and his colleages know what they are doing. 

As a customer I just hope they pull it of and will be succesfull. Otherwise Homey will be just be a very pretty paperweight... (Homey without Athom's servers will be close to useless).

Let's keep our spirits up and hope for the best. After all, at this stage, there isn't much else we can do really ;).

Oh and @Emile : I appreciate that you gave an update but it is quite vague. It would be nice, if you can, to give some new estimates not only on GeekBackers, but also the other Backers. I honestly don't mind if these estimates are vague or on the pessimistic side, but any estimate would be nice at this point, really.
  • The fact it's allready beeing marketed in MM isn't such a huge problem compaired to the fact it states: 'Homey connects to your favorite music services..' where the whole forum knows It doesn't. IMO a bit dangerous to make claims that are not true when going retail.
  • What?! this is shit and nothing else! i was positive, talked a lot to others about it and was telling them that i would have mine sooner and that is why i pre orderd and took the risk and payed up front.
    the start of this week is that MM is starting to marketing, which i think is still strange this is only being done if real facts and garantees are there due to the company layout. To even see now there is a showroom model (which at MM is always a working product!) is a real middle finger to all of us from @Athom.

It is really the part where they after such a delay and asking for patiance and explaine all delays etc. is the next leason in starting a company, don't screw with your customers and all members on the forum.

Whats next, shipment on the same day as they are also availble in the stores so if we grep one there we have it sooner then waiting for the package? What about internationall shipment?

To say in Dutch: de plank mis slaan

If i'm getting fucked, i like kisses too.
  • How much time would you like to see in between the Kickstarter delivery and the retail delivery? 

Its clear that kickstarters will receive first then preorders followed by retail, a demo unit (functional or not) will not change that.

Please explain why so many commenters dislike a demo unit in a retail store, I am very positive about seeing a real homy today and knowing one will be send to me soon.
  • Hi all, 

So cool to see how you're all so much involved! Let me clarify some things for you on this topic :smile:

As some of you indeed correctly asserted, this Mediamarkt stunt is purely marketing. Thanks to some good contacts at several local Mediamarkt shops, we were given the unique opportunity to have a Homey teaser displayed in their stores! Believe me, as a young and small company, this was a really unique opportunity to make Homey more known to the 'general population', especially timed with their 'VAT-free' days, with lots of traffic.

Rest assured though, this is just a teaser. It's like a trailer or 'coming soon' which we were very happy to be able to realize with these stores. Realizing this did not in any way slow down production (totally different people are on this), or otherwise affected your Homeys in any way. 

Of course, we make sure that we ship all pre-orders well before Homey is available in retail (and certainly not just a day or so, so don't worry, you'll have it sooner). As you all know by now, we can't even produce fast enough to do otherwise ;) (retails requires quite some stock), and even if we could, we wouldn't. 

In short, we love to see you all this active in our community, also with the future in mind. Of course we as a company are preparing for our next steps, and will certainly learn and experience a lot on the way. These teasers are one of the ways we want to educate the world about Homey and get the word further out, together with you! 

:heart: 
  • All I have to say is: It's all in the game :-) If you can't stand it, don't play it!
This discussion has been closed.