This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• swttt said:
    @MarcoWijk Wil look into it later today.

To sum up, on both devices you have selected a default zone? That zone only displays the sensors on android chrome (Sensors in that zone) and the lights in that zone on chrome desktop?
    Exactly :wink: 
  • I really like this project! It works really well with the webserver on homey. Kudo's to you! :smile: 
    Unfortunately I have a Surface RT that was collecting dust on my shelf, but it only has internet explorer.. aaaand that doesnt really work well with this project :disappointed: 
    It shows white blocks for the light icons etc. Is it possible to change the icons to something static like the logo.png? As in that I have to add 2 icons(lighton.png and lightoff.png) and use that?

Furthermore, i am curious what you are going to add to the dashboard after this. I really like it.

• @Trustme2 You should have more luck in the next release....or look in the source code :) (editing the html only should do the trick, no need to mess with the angular code to get other icons working)

Next version would allow users to create their own "rooms" and add devices (even from other rooms) in there. Devices are made as a directive, and makes it easy to expand or edit certain devices. I'll even show how to create a static page to control sabnzbd for example...
  • @swttt  ah ok cool! will do tomorrow.

Maybe it's a nice idea to put a clock on the dashboard with time and date in the next update?
    I want to try to put a Buienradar widget on it, so I can see if I need my umbrella. :smiley: 

And i would kill for spotify and plex widgets haha
  • Then let's not create spotify and plex widgets: we don't want anybody to get hurt, do we? :smiley: 
  • Plex seems do-able....spotify is a different cookie....so at most someone might get killed for 50%....
    So...it depends if he hits vital organs....
  • Just a very early sneak peek :smile: 

• MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    @Trustme2 ik heb ook nog een surface rt liggen net even testje gedaan met rdweb tool (via windows 10 systeem) en dit werkt eigenlijk wel goed.
    volgende links zijn handig als je het wil inrichten:

http://www.kimknight.net/remoteapptool
    http://www.kimknight.net/raweb

Mooier zou zijn als IE wel goed werkte natuurlijk

-- English

To get google chrome on windows surface you can use above links to install rdweb on desktop and then start chrome as remote app
  • Will there be an easy installer available anytime soon for noobs like me?
  • @Bumble Easiest way for now is to install it trough athom their cli (and it aint that hard ;) ) an official appstore release will be from the version i am working on right now...
  • For who don't know how to start chrome in full screen mode (on windows) create shortcut with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --kiosk http://your_homey_ip:1337
  • @swttt The whole "cli" doesn't ring a bell at all :smiley: 

I'll have to be patient for the appstore release. And I know I can be patient, since i've been reading this post from the very beginning.
  • @Bumble There should be a post on how to install an app on the forum somewhere :smile: 

Appstore release will take a while tho...and publishing the current dashboard (in this state) isn't the best thing to do i guess :cold_sweat: 

• @swttt ;question is it correct that when I turn on my light manual I don't see it's on on your dashboard?
    Even so great app many thanks for it!
  • @Menno Should update, it polls every X seconds...but like i said before. I tried to fix the api changes as fast as i could. The current app just can't be bug free :smile: 
    To be sure, if you manual switch a light, it does update in the homey UI?
  • @swttt good point just checked it and it isn't that explains why your app is also not showing the correct state (guess it reads the information from homey UI)
  • @Menno Then this is an issue with the device/app. The homey UI practically uses the same api :smile: Could it be that you are trying to switch a kaku light? Since kaku doesn't have 2 way communication homey just can't know you switched your device on or off. (disclaimer; i don't use any kaku devices at home. So i don't know how these one way devices work with homey or with the dashboard)
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    @swttt ;;no it's a z-wave device (Everlux SKU: ZME_05433) and using the z-wave.me app. One other question should I also see my fibaro motion sensor? at this moment I only see my dimmers and telephones (by name not icon).

--edit--

I can see the motion sensor values under sensor by swiping from right to left
  • @Menno then there might be an issue with that z-wave driver :smile::smile: 

The sensors are a bit hidden now (and not all are translated). But that will be fixed in the next one as well...
  • swttt said:
    @Trustme2 You should have more luck in the next release....or look in the source code :) (editing the html only should do the trick, no need to mess with the angular code to get other icons working)

Next version would allow users to create their own "rooms" and add devices (even from other rooms) in there. Devices are made as a directive, and makes it easy to expand or edit certain devices. I'll even show how to create a static page to control sabnzbd for example...

A few weeks ago I bought a set of 50 surface RT machines and paid $56 per machine (I needed very simple machines for a complex sales system demo. Some were even never booted. And I know of some other sources where we could get our dirty greedy fingers on hundreds more for peanuts as long as they are bought per pallet.

If this works on RT that might be bloody ideal, it's so outdated and locked that it's safe to use, the screen looks great, it's touch and above all, it will look good mounted on a wall.
  • JerryvdvJerryvdv Member
    edited November 2016
    Mathijs said:
    swttt said:
    @Trustme2 You should have more luck in the next release....or look in the source code (editing the html only should do the trick, no need to mess with the angular code to get other icons working)

A few weeks ago I bought a set of 50 surface RT machines and paid $56 per machine (I needed very simple machines for a complex sales system demo. Some were even never booted. And I know of some other sources where we could get our dirty greedy fingers on hundreds more for peanuts as long as they are bought per pallet.

If this works on RT that might be bloody ideal, it's so outdated and locked that it's safe to use, the screen looks great, it's touch and above all, it will look good mounted on a wall.
    Keep us in the loop if it works and when you are going to get another pallet  ;)
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited November 2016
    You can pm me on slack to test on IE...developing it on a macbook...so hard to test IE :smile: 
    (I know some services excist to test cross browser stuff)

• I can do some testing for you also if you want, I am 100% windows minded ;-)

Surface RT
    Windows 10
    Windows 7
    windows server 2016
  • swttt said:
    @Bumble There should be a post on how to install an app on the forum somewhere :smile: 

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method#latest

Appstore release will take a while tho...and publishing the current dashboard (in this state) isn't the best thing to do i guess :cold_sweat: 

• Mathijs said:
    swttt said:
    @Trustme2 You should have more luck in the next release....or look in the source code :) (editing the html only should do the trick, no need to mess with the angular code to get other icons working)

Yes! my RT tablet is perfect for it. It's actually the only thing its good for now. It's. so. slow.
  • Alright. Just installed the app from Github and I have some first remarks.

First, second and third: it's awesome  ;)

Only thing I notice is that not all devices have an icon. See screenshot: "HONOR 6" is my phone connect via the Net App. I think you could solve potential problems with a placeholder picture in case no picture is available?

• @DieterKoblenz Should be fixed in the next update. the V3 uses angular directive for specific capabilities. I cannot test every device (and it's icons) since i don't own them. The directives would let other people add new device types quite easy. (and do a pull request)
  • swttt said:
    @DieterKoblenz Should be fixed in the next update. the V3 uses angular directive for specific capabilities. I cannot test every device (and it's icons) since i don't own them. The directives would let other people add new device types quite easy. (and do a pull request)
    No ofcourse, that's why I am suggesting a placeholder image instead (a cross or something). Not sure if that's easy to implement?
  • @DieterKoblenz ;
    I'll look into a simple fix for now. Since i'll spend most of my time on the V3 :) (wich is a major rewrite)
  • Totally forgot about above issues... :blush: sorry

Will look into it tomorrow (tomorrow == later today :neutral: )
    For now a little preview with current device cards (using directives)
    A single device card is created by using this in the html:
    <hd-light hd-type="switch" flex="33" flex-xs="100" flex-xs="100"></hd-light>

Here is the video :smile: