This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• swttt said:
    Well, done some testing with @Fire69 . After a few bumbs we encountered it should work now :smile:
    Nice work @swttt!

Also working on my ipad!
  • @TedTolboom
    Looking good :smile: 

I'll need to do some small bug fixes first and then i'll continue on the setup page.

• @swttt question about the design of the cards, are the lights being switched by pressing the switch or the whole card? (Dikke vingers) Not yet testing your project but will soon when i have some more time. Looking very nice! 
  • Full card for the moment.
    It was just the slider, but for testing it has been changed to the card.
    Might change back if @swttt find a solution to his 'feedback' problem :)
  • And the switch/slider has a bigger "radius" to get pressed then just the switch itself, so even with "dikke vingers" this shouldn't be a problem. 
  • Thanks for the quick answers!  :)
  • Updated github again! :smile:
    Dashboard works soooo much smoother now, haven't been able to test it on other devices tho. But my guts say there shouldn't be much issues atm.

Changes:
    - Fixed switch button
    - Removed polling (it still polls 1 time on page change)
    - Get device state trough sockets
  • Hi @swttt is there also an update for the homey version or is his only standalone version
  • swttt said:
    Updated github again! :smile:
    Dashboard works soooo much smoother now, haven't been able to test it on other devices tho. But my guts say there shouldn't be much issues atm.

Changes:
    - Fixed switch button
    - Removed polling (it still polls 1 time on page change)
    - Get device state trough sockets
    It's working super awesome! :love:
  • swttt said:
    And the switch/slider has a bigger "radius" to get pressed then just the switch itself, so even with "dikke vingers" this shouldn't be a problem. 
    I would not certainly like the whole card to be clickable. I got this hanging on the wall and when I walk past I like to quickly click a few things

• @menno for now just a stand alone release only. The app version will follow when the setup part is done.

@Mathijs the whole card was clickable as a workaround. Its fixed now with only the switch button 
  • swttt said:
    Updated github again! :smile:
    Uber fast response! Great work again!
  • @swttt
    Excellent work! Thanks very much..

I have the curious problem that my Dining Room light displays as ON when I first load the Living Room page in Dash. And I'm quite sure the light is off. For testing purposes I've added a third tab (copy of the same device) on the page, but this also displays the light as on. When I make another light the first device (thinking this may be because it's the first device) the problem stays with the Dining Room card(s). And these cards only. The other devices appear to behave correctly.
    Inside the Homey interface the state of the light is correctly displayed. It's a Qubino in-wall\ceiling dimmer that controls the light, I'm not sure if the problem is with Dash or with Homey (or the Qubino app)..

Thanks again, looking forward to the next update!
    DenW

• @DenW The current github version should update the device list when you switch pages. It gets all the latest states from homey again. If it isn't fixed after that, could you check in the homey front-end what the state says there? (eq. Is the device on or off in the homey frontend)
  • swttt said:
    @DenW The current github version should update the device list when you switch pages. It gets all the latest states from homey again. If it isn't fixed after that, could you check in the homey front-end what the state says there? (eq. Is the device on or off in the homey frontend)
    @swttt
    Thanks for the quick reply. I think I see already. In Homey's FrontEnd the light is on (black, not gray) but with a dim level of 0. The ZWave App for this device is not turning it off for some reason. So Dash is working perfectly! <span>:smile:</span>

Thanks!
    DenW
  • @swttt Would you mind making a short install/update tutorial till there is no official app in de app store? Just intalled an older version by following https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method a few days ago, and I would like to update. For example, I'm not  sure if I need this one https://github.com/swttt/homeydash-v3 and if it's possible to update anyway. Thanks :)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    @JBS, the new V3 can't be installed on Homey yet, so there is no update available for the app you installed through CLI.

For the moment, V3 is only made to run from a device with a webserver (a NAS, a pc, ...), not Homey itself.
  • @DenW Great! Thanks for testing, glad it's not an issue with the dashboard.

@JBS Indeed Fire69 is right...for now you can only run this dashboard on a webserver. Expect an app release when the setup part is functional. After a few little bug fixes, this is next up on the roadmap :smile:

@TedTolboom It really works smooth right! :smile: I was so hyped when i got the sockets working last night...
  • This App would be awesome for my magic mirror. For this it would be very cool if we can set white fonts with black background. Then I could use the iFrame plugin for the magic mirror. Awesome!!!!
  • @Jschuetz i might be able to add this in a later stadium. You could add this request to the issues on github with some more info on what you really need to get it to work on a smart mirror. Does your smart mirror have touch? If so, Damn awesome :smile: 
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited December 2016
    swttt said:
    @Jschuetz i might be able to add this in a later stadium. You could add this request to the issues on github with some more info on what you really need to get it to work on a smart mirror. Does your smart mirror have touch? If so, Damn awesome :smile: 
    No it's only a mirror to show weather, calendar,, time, todo list, tado, sonos and some rss feeds. But i can control the monitor behind the mirror with homey (http) :-)

That means it would be perfect if i could use one normal Dashboard with full functions and one with dark mode and status of devices. For example, switch, lights and z-wave battery level.
  • Just fixed an issue where if a device fails to switch (happened with my hue a few times) it switches back to the correct state and gives a nice error message in the top right corner :smile: This fix isn't published to the "dist" folder yet, but will be soon.

Still haven't had time to look into @Fire69 his issue with the sidebar not opening again on android. Can others maybe test if they experience the same issue? 

• swttt said:

Still haven't had time to look into @Fire69 his issue with the sidebar not opening again on android. Can others maybe test if they experience the same issue? 

Just checked on my Android smartphone. Working fine here (Android 6.1 with Chrome).
  • @Phuturist Thanks for testing, then maybe @Fire69 runs an older version of chrome on it's phone. Kind off was expecting that since it should use the same webkit as in the normal browser.
  • swttt said:
    @Phuturist Thanks for testing, then maybe @Fire69 runs an older version of chrome on it's phone. Kind off was expecting that since it should use the same webkit as in the normal browser.
    I must tell, it does require a reload of the page to get the sidebar back. If it's supposed to slide out again using only a right swipe after hiding it than I can confirm the findings of Fire69.
  • @Phuturist Ooh crap...then i do have to look into this :smile: It should be able to hide on left swipe, and open on right swipe. 

So it seems chrome for android and chrome on pc does have a difference! <span>:open_mouth:</span>
  • Wow, really nice work! I just played a little bit with the former version because I don't have a webserver... I can't wait to test the first v3 app. 
    Are you planning to implement something like a floorplan? 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    swttt said:
    @Phuturist Thanks for testing, then maybe @Fire69 runs an older version of chrome on it's phone. Kind off was expecting that since it should use the same webkit as in the normal browser.
    I must tell, it does require a reload of the page to get the sidebar back. If it's supposed to slide out again using only a right swipe after hiding it than I can confirm the findings of Fire69.
    Lol, I was already cursing that I was the only one having this.  Glad you can confirm I'm not crazy  :p

BTW, tested on Chrome beta, same problem.
  • If I use pinching to make the display larger, the sidebar disappears. If you make the display smaller again however, the sidebar does not come back on the screen.
    As with Fire69, it takes a reload to correct.

• Just thought about. Maybe it has to do with not defining the viewport for mobile devices. Will try tonight, Thanks guys!