This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Thats because i drive german licence plates :tongue: 

• @swttt what is the minimal resolution needed to display your dash correctly?
    I bought an Amazon Fire 7" tablet on Black Friday, but the dash doesn't work on it, page stays empty like on a phone  :s
  • @fire69 It should work on the tablet. (it does here, even works on my iphone :smile: ) Using a simple huawei tablet (cheap 70 euro dinkytoyscreenplasticcrapware) for some quick checks on display size etc.

• Would love to see it at the official Homey app store some day soon ;)
  • swttt said:
    @fire69 It should work on the tablet. (it does here, even works on my iphone :smile: ) Using a simple huawei tablet (cheap 70 euro dinkytoyscreenplasticcrapware) for some quick checks on display size etc.

Just for info (in case others have this problem), it's working great in landscape ;)
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited December 2016
    @swttt i am taking a look at your project if it is something i can use in my own house. So i bought a Huawei T1 tablet. Could you tell me how you managed to get chrome in full screen mode?
  • @spoelly This should be possible by adding a page to your "home screen". Was somewhere in the options of the browser when visiting the dashboard. Then when you open it from the dashboard, it should be full screen :smile: 

• @Bumble The current app version isn't "complete" enough for me to release in the appstore. You only can switch lights/sockets or dimm lights.

The version where i am working on now is still allot of work in progres. For editing the views en devices in the dashboard, i am creating a seperate settings view (so in the future when you go to http://homey-ip:1337/settings). In this way you can setup your dashboard on any device you want, without the issue of kids/wife editing some settings by accident. (Since it isn't "part" of the dashboard itself.

After i got this part working 100%, i could release the first beta with again only switch and dimm devices.
  • swttt said:
    @spoelly This should be possible by adding a page to your "home screen". Was somewhere in the options of the browser when visiting the dashboard. Then when you open it from the dashboard, it should be full screen :smile: 

Thanks! and now getting rit of the task bar :)
  • @spoelly Tried allot the get rid of the taskbar, couldn't find a way to do so :disappointed: 
    There are some apps that can hide the taskbar tho, never tested them that much.

Whats also nice to do, is use tasker and use the front camera as a motion sensor. This way you can unlock the screen when you are aproaching your tablet/dashboard.
  • Cool how did you manage to do that?

• @spoelly Tasker app with some plugins, there are some tutorials on the internet you could use. If i remember correctly i had to pay for 1 or 2 apps to get it working...but it wasn't that much :smiley: 

• ok will do thanks!
  • swttt said:
    @spoelly Tried allot the get rid of the taskbar, couldn't find a way to do so :disappointed: 

Whats also nice to do, is use tasker and use the front camera as a motion sensor. This way you can unlock the screen when you are aproaching your tablet/dashboard.

swttt said:
    @spoelly Tried allot the get rid of the taskbar, couldn't find a way to do so disappointed 

Everything you need to know to launch a website fullscreen: https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/native-hardware/fullscreen/

Specifically check out the info under the header "Launching a page fullscreen from home screen".
  • swttt said:
    @spoelly Tasker app with some plugins, there are some tutorials on the internet you could use. If i remember correctly i had to pay for 1 or 2 apps to get it working...but it wasn't that much :smiley: 

I used to have an app for that, free in the Play store. :)
    Can't find it right now, I'll look when I get home.
  • @swtt where do you want feature requests posted? Here or on GitHub?

I'd like to see a visual presentation of who is home or not. Some sort of list of registered users with a red dot (not at home) or green dot (at home) next to the name.
  • @phuturist Would be nice to see them on github :smile: 
    aint hard to implement tho, Seems a valid request and do-able. 

Do post the request on the v3 github tho, not the older ones. Still need to clean github a bit....
  • Phuturist said:
    @swtt where do you want feature requests posted? Here or on GitHub?

I'd like to see a visual presentation of who is home or not. Some sort of list of registered users with a red dot (not at home) or green dot (at home) next to the name.
    Cool idea!
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    @swtt where do you want feature requests posted? Here or on GitHub?

What kind of house do you have (a palace?) that you need something to know who's home and who's not? :D :D :D
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    where can we download this dash?? stuppid found it on the 1st page lol but how do i get this installed on homey some sort of tutorial please?
  • bob76 said:
    where can we download this dash?? stuppid found it on the 1st page lol but how do i get this installed on homey some sort of tutorial please?
    Have you worked with the CLI before? Here is a tutorial you could use: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method
  • So here a rough markup for the setup page.
    Let me know if someone has some better ideas or improvements :smile: 

• Worked at the dashboard for some time again. It's still hard to find the right way to store and get the settings.
    The longer i think about it, the more i have doubts this is the right way to go...
    Instead of doing a setup page, this all could be done withing homey and stored as settings directly. I had planned to create an api for the setup page to edit and set these settings remotely. But this would mean that a standalone dashboard is hard to create. Either way, this might mean that i'll only continue to support the dashboard as an app. The only way users might be able to have it run standalone is by editing the config.json by hand, and add devices and pages in there...

• Wouldn't it be possible to include a backup option (like the variables in BL) so you can first setup the app through Homey and then use that .json when you run it standalone?
  • bob76 said:
    Can I kindly ask for the same? I am far from a novice with a command line but I simply don't understand how to get this running on my webserver. If there would be an easy to follow guide a lot more people could run this and perhaps assist in debugging and giving some input. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    First install the CLI:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method
    Then download the zip from
    https://github.com/swttt/HomeDash_v2
    https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash
    and unpack it. Then, when in the correct folder through commandline:
    "athom project --install"
    Now the app will be installed on your Homey.

• swtttswttt Member
    edited December 2016
    Wrong zip, you will need the com.swttt.homeydash repo....

maybe ill submit this to the appstore, so people Could try that until the v3 release
  • Soooo... holidays == big steps in development <span>:smile:</span>

What is done
    Dynamic pages are functional
    Directives are replaced by regular includes, since adding directives dynamicaly gave me lots of headaches
    Onoff widget is done and functional

Directives are replaced by regular includes, this means we don't have to add complicated directives to generate new widgets for capabilities. Every capability does needs his own html to function. Will explain this more in the github somewhere later. 

For now the setup page isn't done, and might change allot. To get the dashboard working (only onoff for now) is by editing the config.json by hand. This also means it's better to test the dashboard stand-alone and not as an app.

What to expect coming weeks
    When the setup is done, i'll release a first app on github to try on the homey itself. The setup page is only going to work with the app. This because of homeydash using homey to store it's settings. I'll try to add as much capabilities as possible, but some are out of my scope since i don't own such devices. Therefore i will add some tutorials on the github on how to contribute your own capability htmls.

I hope some people would like to help and test the dashboard on some different devices. Current code is up on github (https://github.com/swttt/homeydash-v3) .

You can PM me to get some help while testing, or find me on slack :smiley:

• Well, done some testing with @Fire69 . After a few bumbs we encountered it should work now :smile:

To help testing this stand-alone, you need to have a webserver. Got to the current github page, download the zip and upload the files in the "dist" folder to your webserver. After that go to this page to generate a config.json (http://www.objgen.com/json/models/NyZa). You can set your bearer token there and local homey ip (or complete remote url ex. cloudid.homey.athom.com), then you can add pages as in the already provided example. As a capability only onoff is implemented now. To get your device id's you go to the devices page on your homey. right click a device you want to add and chose inspect. Scroll a bit up and the first device-data attribute should be the device id. (see screenshot below for example)

When you completed the config on that website, you create a new file in your dist folder and name it config.json and post the output in there.

• Working fine here.  Just updated to the latest github-version, fixed some cosmetic bugs ;)