This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Published] CountDown timer (1.0.6)

Comments

• Thanks @aloft ;
    I tested and it works again..... 
    I followed it a bit in Slack,  Kudos to @Uranday , you and all others there!
  • AndyWildeAndyWilde Member
    edited May 2016
    Version on the app store is not working but the GIT version is.

Great Work
  • aloftaloft Member
    AndyWilde said:
    Version on the app store is not working but the GIT version is.

Great Work
    The app store version is still pending approval from Athom. 
  • aloftaloft Member
    0.1.0 Has been released in the app store! So if you are running 0.8.35 , check whether CountDown is updated to 0.1.0 and your timers can be saved again.

It adds a condition card, with which you can check if a timer is (not) running.
  • It seams that the problem of name of the timer disappearing is a bug,    I have timer declared in a flow but I can no longer add this variable to a new flow and it does not show in the setting screen
  • aloftaloft Member
    @AndyWilde ;
    which version of the Athom firmware and which version of CountDown are you running  ? 
    Can you give me some steps to reproduce? I seem to be unable to do so. 
  • Homey: 0.8.3.9
    countdown: 0.1.0

after a reboot the counters are disappearing. This was also on earlier firmware versions of Homey. Any tips or is it a bug?
  • aloftaloft Member
    Homey: 0.8.3.9

after a reboot the counters are disappearing. This was also on earlier firmware versions of Homey. Any tips or is it a bug?
    @PimViergever  can you explain what you mean by disappearing? Are they ever coming back? Do the flows also stop or 'only' disappearing in the settings' ?   What happens if you  try to add a new CountDown timer? What happens if you add a new timer, with the same name as a previous existing timer ? 

I am running 0.8.38 myself (not upgraded to .39 yet) but don't have that issue.  I'll try to upgrade to 0.8.39 and see if I see any issues. 

• aloftaloft Member
    I did the upgrade to 0.8.39 but my CountDown timers are still available and working. 
  • aloft said:
    Homey: 0.8.3.9

@PimViergever  can you explain what you mean by disappearing?

Are they ever coming back? Do the flows also stop or 'only' disappearing in the settings' ?   What happens if you  try to add a new CountDown timer? What happens if you add a new timer, with the same name as a previous existing timer ? 

I am running 0.8.38 myself (not upgraded to .39 yet) but don't have that issue.  I'll try to upgrade to 0.8.39 and see if I see any issues. 

@PimViergever  can you explain what you mean by disappearing? 

Not able to see them in the settings menu.

Are they ever coming back?

No, but I can add them

Do the flows also stop or 'only' disappearing in the settings' ?  

Flows also stop, they start working when I re add the counters

What happens if you  try to add a new CountDown timer? What happens if you add a new timer, with the same name as a previous existing timer ? 

Yes, I only have 3 counters and I experienced the same thing with all of them. Every time I reboot Homey, I've to re add them.

• aloftaloft Member
    @PimViergever ;

thanks for the reply; I am totally at a loss why this could be happening. Maybe a bug that was triggered in a previous version (there were issues with 'remembering' the counters in previous Homey FW's), and didn't solve by upgrading.

Although you will lose the cards in the flow, it might be worth considering to delete the app and then re-install. Maybe that will refresh the memory.
  • aloft said:
    @PimViergever ;

thanks for the reply; I am totally at a loss why this could be happening. Maybe a bug that was triggered in a previous version (there were issues with 'remembering' the counters in previous Homey FW's), and didn't solve by upgrading.

Although you will lose the cards in the flow, it might be worth considering to delete the app and then re-install. Maybe that will refresh the memory.

Hi, good suggestion!

Yesterday I've deleted the Countdown app, rebooted Homey, reinstalled it. Re added the 3 timers i use.

Today I had to reboot. The result is the same: the timers are gone.

If you need addtional information, please let me know.

Log-file: 383D23984D

• Sorry Was away for a bit,  I had exactly the same issue as PimViergever  but since then the timers have remained,  will let you know if they decide to disappear
  • aloftaloft Member
    CountDown version 0.2.0 has been released in the AppStore. It adds a new action card: a random countdown timer. Give minimal and maximum values, and once triggered, the timer will start, counting down with a random number between those values ( minimal and maximum values included  ).

I still did not reproduce the missing timers issue. 

Feedback always appreciated!
  • THNX made 7 variables already .. 
    Must do something to trigger the house, without Z-wave.
    THNX
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited July 2016
    Does anyone know where i can find examples how this app works? i look on youtube, but can't find it..  :(
  • aloftaloft Member
    @Reemster; what would you like to do? 

The app is pretty simple: As an action in a flow, it can start a countdown timer. 
    Then in a separate flow, there is a trigger-card ; when timer reaches 0 . This will be triggered as soon as the timer = 0 . 

So e.g.

you create a timer called: SleepTimer

In a flow, you add the SleepTimer timer, with 600 seconds ( 10 minutes ) . 
    In a new flow, when 'SleepTimer' = 0 , action : turn off Hue light. 

Let me know what you'd like to do, then I can help you understanding the concept.
  • Maybe i'm thinking to difficult. I want when there is motion in the kitchen, the light go on, for 2 min. 

So. first flow:

When: zie beweging- Than: draai zandloper om kitchen 120sec

second flow ... ?? 

i have no idea 

• aloftaloft Member
    So first flow:

When: zie beweging, then 'draai zandloper om ktichen 120 sec' AND 'turn on light kitchen'
    second flow:

when: zandloper is 0 then: turn off light kitchen

•  ;) thank you! very easy indeed..

If you take 2 screenshot with this flows and place it here, nobody ask you anymore how this app works. I just thought too difficult. 
  • ReemsterReemster Member
    edited July 2016
    The only problem is that the Fibaro motion sensor don't re-send a motion signal i think. Because after 2 min. the lights go off.. i see the motion sensor blinking yellow. in the 2 min, but Countdown don't reset the 2 min.. maybe a z-wave setting.
  • aloftaloft Member
    That might indeed be a Fibaro Motion sensor configuration, you have 'blind time' and 'cancellation alarm' settings, so it might take a while before it re-sends the signal. 

You could make an extra flow:

Flow 1: When motion detected; turn light kitchen on
    Flow 2: When motion stops; start timer 120 seconds
    Flow 3: When timer =0 -> turn light kitchen off

So the timer is only started when the motion stops. 
  • Is there a way to announce the timer value as part of a speech flow?
  • In the settings page the timers are not running. The timer IS running, the flow works but i have to F5 the page to see it count down. Is this a bug in the app or something else ? Was running ok before.
    FW 0.9.2
    App v0.2.0

• In the settings page the timers are not running. The timer IS running, the flow works but i have to F5 the page to see it count down. Is this a bug in the app or something else ? Was running ok before.
    FW 0.9.2
    App v0.2.0

I first saw a difference between the Mac Homey App (where it was not updating) and the Chrome browser (where it was updating).  If I check now, it is not updating in the Chrome browser either. Doesn't seem to be a bug in the app, but maybe an update within the FW and/or Google Chrome. 

I'll do some extra checks. 
  • AndyWildeAndyWilde Member
    edited August 2016
    I am still finding that the timers are disappearing after a while,

Edit:  Just update the app so I see if it still happens

• I see the same problem with the Better logic app. Maybe something related? @Emile Did something change?
  • So far, I can only replicate the disappearing timers when Homey is hard rebooted ( power down ) when a timer is running. Not when 'in normal' use. 

Do you see it happening also with normal use?
  • Timers are working again in 0.9.3.
  • I also lost all my timers during the update to 0.9.3 and/or reboots of last week. I also got a red ring during the reboots, after the update, but that seemed to be resolved by rebooting a few more times.
    Some timers were probably running, but not all.