The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.
This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
[Published] CountDown timer (1.0.6)
Homey CountDown timer
This is a CountDown timer which you can use to initiate flows.
Examples: When motion is detected, turn on light and start a timer for 90 seconds After 11 seconds, when motion is detected again, restart the timer for 90 seconds When the timer reaches 0, there was no motion for 90 seconds, turn off the light.
After installing the application, first visit the Homey Settings and navigate to the 'CountDown' application.
There you can add CountDown timers.
If you see a value '-1', this means the countdown timer is not active and waiting to be set ( via an action card in the flow )
There are 4 triggers - When a CountDown timer reaches 0. This will be the most used trigger. - When a CountDown timer has started - When a CountDown timer has stopped before reaching 0. - When a CountDown timer has changed its value
There are 3 actions:
- Start CountDown timer: set a value and a number (in seconds)
- Start random CountDown timer: set a value and a range (inclusive); when action starts, it will randomly selected a number between 'min' and 'max' (including those numbers) and start the CountDown timer
- Adjust CountDown timer: increase or decrease (with negative numbers) a running CountDown timer
- Stop CountDown timer: the CountDown timer will be stopped (and reset)
- Stop all CountDown timers: All CountDown timers will be stopped (and reset)
There are 2 condition cards:
- Timer is (not) running: check whether a timer is running (or not)
- Timer is (not) exactly value: to be used in combination with the 'value changed' trigger card. You can use this to check if a CountDown timer has reached a certain value.
No speech support
The CountDown timer is heavily influenced and inspired by the BetterLogic app. https://apps.athom.com/app/net.i-dev.betterlogic
The Condition card was suggested (and code provided) by GeurtDijker
The Start/Stop triggers cards were suggested by MarkSwift
Import / Export code by Patrick Sannes ( Better Logic app )
The trigger/condition combination for checking a value was suggested by YvesGeffens
Readable format of timer dates in settings menu was provided by jghaanstra
- Clean-up code
- Translation to NL
- Settings screen doesn't always update if a countdown timer updates
- Workaround: Click 'CountDown' again in left-bar, after this, page will update when a timer is running
- V1.0.6 2017-09-27 : Add 'adjust timer' action card
- V1.0.5 2017-09-27 : Add 'stop all timers' action card
- V1.0.4 2016-12-20 : Human readable format for LastChanged dates in settings menu
- V1.0.3 2016-12-05 : Fixed bug for tokens in action card when CountDown value changed
- V1.0.1 2016-11-16 : Added trigger/condition combination to check value of a CountDown timer
- V1.0.0 2016-11-01 : Added start/stop Countdown trigger cards, implemented export/import
- V0.2.0 2016-07-20 : Added random CountDown action card
- V0.1.0 2016-05-20 : Added condition card, fixed app for 0.8.35 compatability
- V0.0.3 2016-04-18 : Optimized memory & cpu usage: the memory leak shouldn't be occuring anymore
- V0.0.2 2016-04-16 : Optimized settings screen
- V0.0.1 2016-04-15 : First public release