This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Published] CountDown timer (1.0.6)

124»

Comments

• Must admit am running an old version here, sorry.
  • aloftaloft Member
    @vaderag Version 1.2.5 has been released in the app store, let me know if this fixes your issue.
  • aloft said:
    @vaderag Version 1.2.5 has been released in the app store, let me know if this fixes your issue.
    Thank you.
    I've actually re-tweaked my flow/device to use the built in motion alarm timer, but if i get a chance to test I will :)
  • BobBob Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello, I am new to homey since a week and installed the count down timer today.

Why is this flow not running. The lamp turns on, but never off. Keeps me busy all day
    I have tried it with a motion sensor, a door sensor; with an kaku lamp and hue lamp

• aloftaloft Member
    Bob said:
    Hello, I am new to homey since a week and installed the count down timer today.

Why is this flow not running. The lamp turns on, but never off. Keeps me busy all day

Do you also have a flow that turns off the light when the 'zandloper' reaches 0 ?  This flow starts the countdown timer and turns on the light, but you need also a separate flow to execute when the timer reaches 0. 
  • Alternatively.... Remove the countdown timer card and add a card to switch the light off, with a delay of x seconds 
  • BobBob Member
    Ok, thats the idea. I understand. Before using the count down timer I put off the lamp by using a flow with turning of the lamp with a delay of x seconds. I hoped to do it with one flow now.
  • Uhm, I think I'm missing a vital action card: Pause and Start/resume timer.

I want to use a timer to give my kids 2 hrs of internet per day. I can block/unblock their devices using the netgear app. So this is what I want to do in flows:

* make a Timer: daily internet quotum
    * Set the value of the timer to 2hrs every day @ midnight
    * Start countdown of the timer when Kid A presents his NFC tag  and timer is > 0. Also enable his devices on internet router
    * Pause the timer when Kid A again presents his NFC tag. Also disable his devices on internet router
    * Resume countdown of the timer when Kid A again presents his NFC tag and  timer is > 0. Also enable his devices on internet router
    * When timer reaches 0, disable internet devices of Kid A

But when implementing the required flows, I could not find the 'pause timer' and 'resume timer' ones.... 

Could you please add this? Saves me a lot of extra flows that I now need to implement to make this work :)

Great app btw ;)

• aloftaloft Member
    @gruijter_dev
    This coming period I plan to add this functionality, including a complete rewrite to SDK-2 . So it might take awhile, but it is planned ! https://github.com/ralfvd/nl.bevlogenheid.countdown/issues/14

• Super!