This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

my first homey

Comments

• tunftunf Member
    First freeze! It just reacted to lights on, i asked him to put the lights on, nothing, lights on woonkamer and the went on for 50% dimmed white. Ok homey, lights on keuken, White ring and nothing more. The white ring of heaven?
  • Is this an zwave device or kaku?
  • tunftunf Member
    philips hue
  • tunftunf Member
    Thats another issue is also have but thanks for pointing that out. My issue is also that no light whatsover is going on or off. Because they use the hue bridge and not there own zigbee the not working hue lamps where a real sitback for me. I really was convinced that they shcould work. But i still have to use my iphone to control the lamps using alternative hue apps.
  • My preordered homey arives the 18th, but i get a awfull feeling that i cannot do the same with it as in Domoticz.
    I have one question: If homey loses internet connection speech is'nt working anymore?

• edited April 2016
    Like everyone else, the speech recognition isn't great and very temperamental. 

However, I've had to turn mine off as it keeps playing random songs really loud with no way for me to turn it off (as it can't hear anything due to the loudness). 

It also randomly just says the time. Not sure why!? 

I'm also not sure how to log an issue with Athom... 

To top it off, after waiting two years for my Homey, one of the legs (balls) was unstuck when I took it out of the box. 

Not Great. Especially since Sonos & Spotify doesn't work. I'm going to hope it gets better. Keep working hard guys....

• tunftunf Member
    doen't know, never have this experianced. I think it will lose speech as this is being handled in the cloud. That is why i opt for a top 10 highly used local store, so the top 10 of  a period x commands are stored and handled local to provent major issues losing internet. Also i can imaging that you can use the gui on a laptop / android or whatsover but if you read al my posts you must have seen that it is not possible now to create buttons or a dashboard or so.
  • petpet Member
    posthok said:
    My preordered homey arives the 18th, 

No  its sendt 18th 
  • Yes sorry. That's true
  • tunf said:
    Also i can imaging that you can use the gui on a laptop / android or whatsover but if you read al my posts you must have seen that it is not possible now to create buttons or a dashboard or so.
    You can connect to Homey directly with a local ip, you don't have to go through https://my.athom.com/ . Athom is working on a local client and is working on an improved android/apple client with buttons to start flows.
  • tunftunf Member
    i tried some flows to get the ring in danger mode (nightrider is watching when i go to bed) ring can only go round not forward and backward, a nice to have in my opinion.

I created 2 flows because i cannot use flow nesting/ grouping so i have the ring flow and do this in timewindow 1 and this in window 2.
    What is see is that with time and date i can set time = 00:00 but i cannot select time is past 00:00 or before 00:00 i'm now strugling to set the ring "guarding and dimmed" in the nighttime and normal going around on the wake time. This schould be a simple setting in my opinion.

If i could group flows i can prevent overlap and have some more control. This is then not for all users needed but i would like to group things, group media events, group lighting events, group presences flows and reuse that in other flows.

Perhaps then there is also the need for some kind of time table where you can find all flows (like a tv guide) so you can see what to expect when based on time and grey if conditions like presense are met during that time. This could also make trouble shoot or explain why things are happing simple.
  • tunftunf Member
    tunf said:
    Also i can imaging that you can use the gui on a laptop / android or whatsover but if you read al my posts you must have seen that it is not possible now to create buttons or a dashboard or so.
    You can connect to Homey directly with a local ip, you don't have to go through https://my.athom.com/ . Athom is working on a local client and is working on an improved android/apple client with buttons to start flows.
    good to know, i'm not only looking for flows to start stop but to use all settings available in homey and create my own dashboard, so energy stats in frame/ window left and row of buttons right or whatsoever. Also based upon user that logged on so i can use another dashboard in the kitchen then in my bedroom and so on and so on. On a couple of dashboards i want to see camera xy and or z but only if doorbell is pushed, mm that would be awsome!
  • tunftunf Member
    Just before closing my browser and laptop for the night i just saw that all smoke detecters are in error. Seems that all z-wave devices are no longer online while they are still powered. Error transmit_C and then the line stops.

mmmmm now going to sleep. Perhaps all will be much more clear tomorrow.
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited April 2016
    tunf said:
    First freeze! It just reacted to lights on, i asked him to put the lights on, nothing, lights on woonkamer and the went on for 50% dimmed white. Ok homey, lights on keuken, White ring and nothing more. The white ring of heaven?
    Having the same issue atm. But no command from my side, must have been an "false positive" from TV. Solid white ring (seems a little bit dimmed) and no reaction.

This is the log I sent after a reboot: 56A2E06FC9  @Emile ;@Taco 

P.S. Thanks for sharing your experiences here, lots of things that happened to me, too (as you see :wink:  )
  • posthok said:
    My preordered homey arives the 18th, but i get a awfull feeling that i cannot do the same with it as in Domoticz.
    I have one question: If homey loses internet connection speech is'nt working anymore?

[ducks behind his desk]
    At the moment Domoticz is, I have no real world experience with it, way more stable then Homey.
    And indeed, if Homey loses internet then speech stops working and in your local network the App should still work.
    [/ducks behind his desk]

Kiekeboe!

• Peao said:
    tunf said:
    Having the same issue atm. But no command from my side, must have been an "false positive" from TV. Solid white ring (seems a little bit dimmed) and no reaction.

Its better to create a Issue on Git it think
  • MarcoF said:
    posthok said:
    My preordered homey arives the 18th, but i get a awfull feeling that i cannot do the same with it as in Domoticz.

[ducks behind his desk]
    At the moment Domoticz is, I have no real world experience with it, way more stable then Homey.
    And indeed, if Homey loses internet then speech stops working and in your local network the App should still work.
    [/ducks behind his desk]

Kiekeboe!
    As far as I can tell (and I haven't used Domoticz, but my Homey is working fine), is that Domoticz is much less powerfull, has much less devices it can use, has much less potential for the future, and is extremely user un-friendly, nor does it have speech.

Of course something like that can be more stable than Homey, it is literally the only thing Domoticz does.
    Now I'm not stating that Homey doesn't need to become more stable, but saying that Domoticz is better is, in my opinion, a huge overstatement.
  • That's not completely thruth, Domoticz can handle kaku, z-wave and ip-cams. Domoticz is stable and the pile of issues (soft- and hardware) are large reading the forum. I'm sorry but i am a little sceptical. In time whe shal see. Still waiting on my preorder.....

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @KoenMartens ;
    You quote me and say its a overstatement to say Domoticz better.....
    Where did I say Domoticz is better???

Here's a short list of the devices/protocols that Domoticz supports:
    http://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Hardware

• The only thing i know is that homey at this point is not 100% stable.
  • posthok said:
    The only thing i know is that homey at this point is not 100% stable.
    +1!
  • Domoticz rocks BTW guys, it supports nearly everything out there! Plus, it's rock solid.

That said, I really have high hopes that Homey can become a valuable addition given its speech recognition (even if it doesn't work right now!).
  • PeaoPeao Member
    MarcoF said:

Peao said:
    tunf said:

Its better to create a Issue on Git it think
    Done. https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/442
  • I'll keep Domoticz running as backup as long Homey isn't fully stable.
    I have been working with speech software for about 15 years. So I'm surprised Homey still has problems with it. Anyone remember Lernhout & Hauspie?
    I'm sure Athom will fix it. I hope asap.
  • tunftunf Member
    edited April 2016
    Desided to keep a homey free night. Tryed some wikipedia commando's. wait time for response or failure is about 20/30 seconds. Way to long in my opinion. Youtube by speach on homey itself is not working.

Tryed using my remote without flow to see how homey reacts. Nothing happend. Perhaps it is a nice feature to have the led ring blink or so like my led on tv is doing when it receive an input command. This way there is a visual feedback. Again if possible like microphone, only the led on the ring where ir came from if possible.

The wiki starts reading what it should but after speach search there is first the led ring multi color. I think, there is a problem but after a couple of seconds it starts reading the articel. There is no way to stop it so my suggestion, also to playing audio etc. insert a cancel command (without ok homey) this way it is possible to cancel the action and response is only needed while talking by homey because it is already after the ok homey trigger.
  • tunf said:
    Thats another issue is also have but thanks for pointing that out. My issue is also that no light whatsover is going on or off. Because they use the hue bridge and not there own zigbee the not working hue lamps where a real sitback for me. I really was convinced that they shcould work. But i still have to use my iphone to control the lamps using alternative hue apps.

I've had the same issue today. Hue lights didn't want to go on or off. Neither by speech as by pressing buttons in the Homey web interface... I disabled the Hue app in the Homey settings, and then enabled the app again. Since then my commands are working again and lights are switching on / off like they should.

Perhaps you can give this a try as well :smile: 
  • tunf said:

I've had the same issue today. Hue lights didn't want to go on or off. Neither by speech as by pressing buttons in the Homey web interface... I disabled the Hue app in the Homey settings, and then enabled the app again. Since then my commands are working again and lights are switching on / off like they should.

Perhaps you can give this a try as well :smile: 
    I've tried it with the klik aan / klik uit but (still) no joy.... 
    I made a special flow to turn them on and of with the call "Lights on". Last couple of day's I got the standard notice I can't find any lights, but the flow dit work. Now even the flow stopt. 
    So what is going on?

• tunftunf Member
    Today i made a big dessision. i'm not going to factory reset to get z-wave working. I will unplug homey!
    I've spend a lot of time but i'm not able to get things basic up and working. Flows mentioned in other posts are not all possible on my homey.

After a discussion in our household i've come to the conclusion that spending over 1000 euro already we have not imporved a thing yet in the home. Perhaps i will give it a try this weekend (in the hope there is a software update) but for now my homey will beome homeless.

Thanks all for your support this far, perhaps till later.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    ' Another one bites the dust' 

To bad, though I can understand what you're feeling. I'm so glad I haven't invested that much time in it after receiving my homey otherwise I'd probably feel the same. I feel that in this point in time my homey is useless. In the past months I've ordered some stuff, but there is not one item of which I can say it fully functions, some have some functionality, most have none. 
This discussion has been closed.