This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[Update: done] We're shooting a video - what do you want to see?

Comments

• Show us what makes Homey so unique! Perhaps a little demonstration of another language (Dutch). And I want to see more of the interface with some explanation  o:)
    1. Homey doing my taxes.
    2. Homey cleaning the house.
  • novaflash said:
    1. Homey doing my taxes.
    Point 2 is possible in combination with a roomba haha
  • I think you'll need a lot of movie clips to shoot @Emile ... :# :#  
    Best is to have a large ssd in place to record these..

Can't wait to start the phrase: Hey Homey:" Show me what you got" ....
  • Just show us everything it can do up to now :) Plex, Spotify, zwave, infrared, bluetooth 433 Mhz 868 Mhz etc .....
  • How to add a second Homey as a slave. 
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016
    I suggest small similar video's, in the same setting, each addressing one of the posibilities of Homey from initial set-up to complicated flow's. In this case potential and new owners get a step by step introduction and at the same time you are developping an online video tutorial.

In addition I am eager to see the manufacturing. 
  • Emile said:
    (...)
    Exactly those things. Actual videos how to get Homey working for day-to-day operation. I am also interested in what MarcoF said about multiple protocols so for example a 433mhz kaku switch which controls a z-wave dimmer.
  • How to write / deploy a 'hello world' app season 1
     - s01e01: create initial app and install on your Homey
     - s01e02: add an executable event card to your app
     - s01e03: add an trigger event card to your app
     - s01e04: how to write a z-wave device app
     - s01e05: how to write your own device driver
    Will be a hell of a job (big time effort) to create such a video serie.
    Creating an App looks not that hard, but creating it in front of a camera....

But +1 for me :smile: 

:heart: 
  • How to write / deploy a 'hello world' app season 1
     - s01e01: create initial app and install on your Homey
     - s01e02: add an executable event card to your app
     - s01e03: add an trigger event card to your app
     - s01e04: how to write a z-wave device app
     - s01e05: how to write your own device driver

+1 from me too!

Who's gona create the Fanart so it will look good in my EMBY server?? :D

• fuzzybear said:
    Just show us everything it can do up to now :) Plex, Spotify, zwave, infrared, bluetooth 433 Mhz 868 Mhz etc .....

and all this in 1 flow :)
  • @Emile, maybe you can show the NFC possibilities too. My old UT "koffiekaart" works fine with Homey.

damn.. now I have to seek my old card  :D
  • Chromecast
  • Homey make and bring me a coffee and please do the dishes and clean my house?
  • Reflow said:
    novaflash said:
    1. Homey doing my taxes.
    Point 2 is possible in combination with a roomba haha
    I actually equipped a 'dumb' robot vacuum cleaner with a wifi interface (http://www.domotica.center/robotstofzuiger-lg-hombot-vparquet/) just for this :)
  • I would like to see IR in action (preferably multiple devices). And how can you make Homey learn the controls (and what if it's an unknown device, how can you learn Homey those).
  • RonnORonnO Member
    edited January 2016
    [Sorry! I have moved my comment to another topic]
  • ReneBoeijeReneBoeije Member
    edited January 2016
    How to learn codes from remote controlls and how to store/organize these, so they can later be used in flows. Not sure if possible though, but imagine that you want to write different flows, i.e. turn on TV (Flatscreen on, receiver on, amplifier, dim lights) and play music (Amplifier on, select whatever input, mediaplayer on etc.) and you have to get all RC's each time. It would be better to start with each rc, learn the buttons and store for later use. That can also come in handy if you want to add/modify flows later that you do not have to put in batteries in your RC that you didn't use for 3 years. (Just kidding.)

What is not 100% clear from what I've read and have seen so far, you have to teach Homey to listen to your voice. But some (Many?) of us live together. I think I read that Homey only supports one voice, but does that mean my beloved wife will not be able to command Homey? (I could make a joke about my wife and commanding, but I leave that to others.) So show how to resolve conflicts with homemates if Homey does not listen.

@Rob; we wrote about the same (at least partly) at the same time.
  • Use of IR features
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll make a compilation and film in the beginning of next week!
  • Emile said:
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll make a compilation and film in the beginning of next week!
    #sarcasme on

Well Emile maybe u could film during the weekend, it seems you're weeks are pretty packed with working o:)

#sarcasme off

Looking forward to see them <3

• @emile any news on the video's? #curious
  • I expected the video somewhere in July. If they create it with the same speed as homey it self. 

:p 
    Sorry guys 
    kon het niet laten. 
  • Simple. Just tie a GoPro on your body when entering your Office, go watch tv ( and start the Rooms) followed by a loud alarm at 16:00 (with sound en light effects) to alarm everyone the Friday afternoon parté will start. Then leave the office drunk and show how Homey will save your drunk ass by.....
  • I would love to see two homeys talking to each other. Just for the fun of it.

other than that I like to see some more advanced stuff, to show its real potential.
  • hey Homey where is video 

homey: waiting for developement

hey homey how long

homey: funny guy dont ask stupid questions
  • I would love to see some easter eggs. 

And don't tell me there are none.... I am sure there are...  ;) :D
  • Emile said:

I'm getting curious!
  • It's way to quiet on athom side on this topic! What's going on? #stillcurious
This discussion has been closed.