This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

1789101113»

Comments

• After not looking at Synology/Hikvision/Homey integration for some time, I tried again with all latest versions and adding my 3x Hikvisions cams with Homey worked perfect. I would like to have Homey recognize movement (once a camera is recording) and then make a snapshot and send this via Telegram to my phone (send as token).

The first step already fails, which is Homey recognizing the camera is recording which I want to verify via the below simple flow. Making a picture and send this via Telegram also does not work. I re-added the camera's, but cannot get it to work. 

Any idea?

• _Marco_ said:
    For now I solved my problem:
    - Doorbird has not yet the possibility to select small portions of the image for motion (only large tiles).
    - I use  SurveillanceStation on my Synology NAS to send me E-mails when something moved on a Camera,  with the possibility to select very small tiles for detection area done by SurveillanceStation (very nice).
    - Synology app for Homey does not send motion detection trigger to Homey with me, what ever I try.

This is the solution:
    - Installed the app HTTP Request flow cards  on the Homey
    -In SurveillanceStation I now use an extra external action to the Homey:   

(with userid/pwd)  http://192.168.xx.yy/api/app/com.internet/DoorBird-Motion/Doorbird_MotionDetect

In Homey the get card and the Logic value :
    IF    HTTP-GET  Event:DoorBird-Motion  AND value=Doorbird_MotionDetect  DO  .... what ever you want.

I now get the motion detection trigger from SurveillanceStation, with the latest live picture from my Doorbird.
    WIth this trigger I now also can switch on the outside lights with a random delay between 55 and 180 seconds to switch off.
    Like this. But i still prefer the e-mail with picture directly from the NAS itself, moment of snapshot is better. But with the modules e-mail and image....  
    May be even possible to push the Synology snapshot image directly into telegram bot? API Telegram seems to support something like this.

• Interesting to find the most responsive approach. At the same time it would be great with the integration with Homey would work. Homey did connect with the Synology app, but is not functioning. If someone has better experiences, that would be great to hear.
  • Hello
    I'm new with Homey and use synology surveillance station for my cameras.

I have installed the app and tried to add a device.

IP address, username and password are correct but when I save nothing happens.

When I tried to report this issue on Homey Apps the link down to the right did not work.

I have searched for this and found other also have login problems.

Email settings work. I got the Email.

Best regards, Per L

• jordenjorden Member
    Did you follow all the steps?
    1. Make sure to add a user that doesn't require 2 factor authentication.
    2. Add the user to the 'administrators' group, because of the required permissions.
    3. Under 'applications', allow the user to access the Surveillance Station
  • here the same, it doesn't work anymore.
    when i save my settings nothing happens.
    100 procent correct settings.
    uninstall the app re-install nothing.

1. Make sure to add a user that doesn't require 2 factor authentication.
    2. Add the user to the 'administrators' group, because of the required permissions.
    3. Under 'applications', allow the user to access the Surveillance Station
  • yes it works now, when i put my  ddns  www.myds.me  instead of my ip it works correct.
    why does my ip not work?