This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Ted,

Earlier you wrote: 
    For the Curtain controller, I propose to add already basic support for the curtain controller (100% open, 100% closed) in the next release, while awaiting the tracks to arrive and further debugging.
    This might mean that with a future update of the app, the curtain controller needs to be re-added to add additional feature...
    Is it correct that your latest update does not include the basic support for the curtain rail? I opened the inclusion screen, but see no support yet.
  • (sorry... double post. Please ignore)
  • vaderag said:
    I'm not seeing Depreciated cards for my Aqara Wireless switch - i still get the 1-4x click scene card?
    Do I not need to change this one?
    v0.3.0 is still waiting for app store approval; expected on Monday

Eternity said:
    Hi Ted,

Earlier you wrote: 
    For the Curtain controller, I propose to add already basic support for the curtain controller (100% open, 100% closed) in the next release, while awaiting the tracks to arrive and further debugging.
    This might mean that with a future update of the app, the curtain controller needs to be re-added to add additional feature...
    Is it correct that your latest update does not include the basic support for the curtain rail? I opened the inclusion screen, but see no support yet.
    Correct.
    Due to a lot of Z-wave and Zigbee issues at home, I did not manage to add it in this release (again v0.3.0 waiting for app store approval).... Will be in the next release.
  • No worries Ted!

Thanks for your feedback.
  • Looking forward to test Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro when app is updated :-)

• erikmm said:
    Looking forward to test Aqara Wireless switch with Gyro when app is updated :-)
    Well.... go ahead!
    looking forward to your feedbac :-)
  • Dear all,

What an overwhelming amount of reactions / donation!
    Greatly appreciated, also the kind messages that we accompanying them...

I planned to provide an update today at the end of the day (after 24 hours), but considering the amount of donations already received, I decided to provide an intermediate update.

Basically, the funding for 3 out of the 4 goals has been achieved within a day.
    Below table shows the updated state, including contributors making this possible:

1. Add support for the Aqara Curtain Controller (incl. small tracks): 147 euro
    funding available, to be ordered
    contributors: @Homey_lampje, @EDV, Jahn, @mehta, @Martin_vd_Aart, @phil_s, @eternity, @Aaron, @brtw, @2Be

2. Add support for both the Xiaomi Mijia smoke and gas detector:  50 euro
    contributors: @Homey_lampje, @mehta

3. Add support for the Aqara smart door lock set: 230 229 euro 

4. Investigate if Aqara cam gateway can be used directly with Homey (Zigbee based): 28 euro 
    contributors: @djesko

Only 1 goal remaining: the Aqara smart door lock set (ZigBee version)
    All other devices / materials will be ordered this evening
    How to donate to you ?
  • rockhoppersrockhoppers Member
    edited April 2018
    update appears to have worked, looks like the units are now thinking about meshing ! Or at least they show their route back to the hub, even through it is direct.
    The Human Body sensors still show a min of 60secs on the Motion Time out. This has stopped my alarm from working since it can no longer be set to 5 secs.U
    Only 1 goal remaining: the Aqara smart door lock set (ZigBee version)
    All other devices / materials will be ordered this evening
    How to donate to you ?
    @johnniemalm as mentioned in this post and the opening post, all goals were achieved and the products have been ordered / are being worked on.

All signs of appreciation are welcome and greatly appreciated....
    For donations, please check the Xiaomi Zigbee app page in the Homey app store.
    update appears to have worked, looks like the units are now thinking about meshing ! Or at least they show their route back to the hub, even through it is direct.
    @rockhoppers the only update I made that could have triggered this, was the update of the version number ;-D
    Seriously, I think only re-initialisation of the app resulted in the start of the meshing...
    something to remember for other (meshing) issues
    The Human Body sensors still show a min of 60secs on the Motion Time out. This has stopped my alarm from working since it can no longer be set to 5 secs.U
    Correct. As mentioned earlier, this is a device limitation.
    The device only retriggers only every 5 seconds in test mode. the alarm reset time as been adapted accordingly in a previous update.
  • This is what it looks like now.
    they all route back to Homey, but one PIR is still out of range and refuses to mesh to a local wall switch.

• Hi,
    I have a problem with my xiaomi aqara human sensor, everyone stopped reporting lux and motion yesterday. This has happened before, but I thought it was something temporary, I have to hit the small button a number of times on the sensor. Now it happened yesterday again, could it be the app, Homey or the sensors? This is a big problem, I'm dependent on them.
  • Hi,
    I have a problem with my xiaomi aqara human sensor, everyone stopped reporting lux and motion yesterday. This has happened before, but I thought it was something temporary, I have to hit the small button a number of times on the sensor. Now it happened yesterday again, could it be the app, Homey or the sensors? This is a big problem, I'm dependent on them.
    Hi, i have the same issues with my aqara Temperature and humidity sensor, it worked without any issues before the update to 1.5.9 of the homey.. I have to include them again every 24 hours. I think it's a homey software issue. 
  • I just had a double Aqara wall switch delivered. 
    It's a bit odd and can't seem to find any description anywhere of how to wire it. 
    It's double so would expect two sets of connections, but o just have L L1 and L2 on the back. Assuming L is Common, but that to me only seems like enough writin for a single switch...
    Anyone got one of these and give me a bit of advice??
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited April 2018
    vaderag said:
    I just had a double Aqara wall switch delivered. 
    It's a bit odd and can't seem to find any description anywhere of how to wire it. 
    It's double so would expect two sets of connections, but o just have L L1 and L2 on the back. Assuming L is Common, but that to me only seems like enough writin for a single switch...
    I did read there are several versions and you do need to check the max power on the back, here is a picture of mine (right is aqara double) (next to a neo z-wave switch). Keep in mind the switch doesn't fit normal housings in the Netherlands.

• vaderag said:
    I did read there are several versions and you do need to check the max power on the back, here is a picture of mine (right is aqara double) (next to a neo z-wave switch). Keep in mind the switch doesn't fit normal housings in the Netherlands.

Thanks - mine looks like the right hand one but with no Neutral...
  • angrangr Member
    Micha1980 said:
    Hi,
    Hi, i have the same issues with my aqara Temperature and humidity sensor, it worked without any issues before the update to 1.5.9 of the homey.. I have to include them again every 24 hours. I think it's a homey software issue. 
    Both still works fine for me - I'm also on v.1.59

• angr said:
    Micha1980 said:
    Hi,
    Both still works fine for me - I'm also on v.1.59

Mine stopped reporting from 9AM, any idea what the maximum distance is. Homey is standing in the living room and the xiaomi device is placed in the garage.. The distance is about 8 or 10 mtr
  • vaderag said:

Just to follow up from this, I have a double switch at the top and bottom of my stairs currently (non-smart)

I'd like both of this (ideally) to be double hardware switches, but have a smart element (hence the purchase of the Aqara double switch)

Can anyone tell me if it's possbible to use 2 of these Aqara double switches somehow to replicate the current setup yet still be smart?

I realise I could use a wireless switch at one end and just wire both lights direct to the double switch, but in an outage (for whatever reason) I would still like hardware control at both ends... thoughts?
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

Just to follow up from this, I have a double switch at the top and bottom of my stairs currently (non-smart)

I'd like both of this (ideally) to be double hardware switches, but have a smart element (hence the purchase of the Aqara double switch)

Can anyone tell me if it's possbible to use 2 of these Aqara double switches somehow to replicate the current setup yet still be smart?

I realise I could use a wireless switch at one end and just wire both lights direct to the double switch, but in an outage (for whatever reason) I would still like hardware control at both ends... thoughts?
    if i understand correctly, you want to be able to switch your lights on/off even when homey is not working because of for example network problems?
    the actual buttons on these switches work just as a non-smart switch, independantly of homey. so you can still switch on and off the lights in case of homey-problems. with the advantage of being able to ALSO make the switches smart. so in your case, replacing your old switches with two aqara wall switches should work without problem
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

if i understand correctly, you want to be able to switch your lights on/off even when homey is not working because of for example network problems?
    the actual buttons on these switches work just as a non-smart switch, independantly of homey. so you can still switch on and off the lights in case of homey-problems. with the advantage of being able to ALSO make the switches smart. so in your case, replacing your old switches with two aqara wall switches should work without problem
    Yeah, I got that much, and in a single way system that makes sense. But the problem is I have two double light swithes (top and bottom of stairs) that control only two lights. I think this is called a 2 way system.

Is there any way to link these to a two way hard wired system (so that both top and bottom can still do top and bottom)?
  • vaderag said:
    Yeah, I got that much, and in a single way system that makes sense. But the problem is I have two double light swithes (top and bottom of stairs) that control only two lights. I think this is called a 2 way system.

Is there any way to link these to a two way hard wired system (so that both top and bottom can still do top and bottom)?
    Can't help you with these specific switches, but the switching you are describing if often called in Dutch a "hotel-schakeling".
  • AaronAaron Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi @TedTolboom
    Not to rush or anything, just for information. How is it going with the smoke detector? My wife wants some in the house so I am looking at different ones. My experiences with xiaomi are good thus far so I would like to use their smoke detectors to. The price is more friendly to :wink:

greetings,
    Aaron
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    edited April 2018
    I've just connected a new contact sensor and the alarm works but i'm getting no battery reading.
    I unpaired and re-paired but same issue - any ideas?

Edit - actually - noticing I'm not getting battery from any of the Xiaomi devices now...
  • vaderag said:
    I've just connected a new contact sensor and the alarm works but i'm getting no battery reading.

Edit - actually - noticing I'm not getting battery from any of the Xiaomi devices now...
    Perfect...  :p
    Notes:
    • Battery operated devices will not yet show the battery level; this will be added in a future release (manufacturer specific ZigBee implementation)
    • The Smart socket plug and Aqara Smart Socket ZigBee version report the actual power (W), consumed energy (kWh) will be added in a future release (manufacturer specific ZigBee implementation)
  • vaderag said:

Notes:
    • Battery operated devices will not yet show the battery level; this will be added in a future release (manufacturer specific ZigBee implementation)
    • The Smart socket plug and Aqara Smart Socket ZigBee version report the actual power (W), consumed energy (kWh) will be added in a future release (manufacturer specific ZigBee implementation)
    I should learn to read! ;)
  • vaderag said:
    vaderag said:

Notes:
    I should learn to read! ;)
    No worries, I'll happily remind you to RTFM..
  • Hi all, i am new on homey things, but it is realy great. Now i want to order some Xiaomi Stuff to make my Home smarter. But bevor i order, just one short question to you. Can i just install the app from the app store, and all xiaomi zigbee devices will work, or have i do some aditional stuff ??

I dont understand this in the description in the app:

"Note: This app is using HomeyConfig composer.
    Please file Pull Requests on the development branch of this repository and with respect to the refactored files in /drivers and /config folders. "

Have i do some Things on gidhub ???
    Sorry for the question, but i want to do all right if i start with xiaomi products.

By the way, are there some FAQ´s or Manuals about this app??

Thank you, and have a nice time.
    regards,
    Martin
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited April 2018
    @mat_industries

Martin,

It is not complicated to add Xiaomi stuff to Homey. Just install the App that @TedTolboom created and the devices that are listed on the opening post of this thread are supported. No need for a Xiaomi controller or other stuff.

During inclusion you will be told what to do to install the device correctly. No need for GitHub of Pull requests :-)

Good luck!
  • Eternity,

thank you very much. Now everything is clear for me, i will order now some XIAOMI stuff. :-)
    Nice weekend.
  • JooleeJoolee Member
    Aaron said:
    Hi @TedTolboom
    Not to rush or anything, just for information. How is it going with the smoke detector? My wife wants some in the house so I am looking at different ones. My experiences with xiaomi are good thus far so I would like to use their smoke detectors to. The price is more friendly to :wink:

greetings,
    Aaron
    They will also work without the Homey connection so you can already start protecting your wife :)
This discussion has been closed.