This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Wireless Weather Sensors (1.2.1)

Comments

• KikkerX10 said:
    just to be sure, The Cresta TX320 should work with this app? Does any one have this sensor working?
    Mine doesn't work, thats why i ask this question.
    Working over here.
  • Im having huge problems with my Homey getting unresponsive as soon as iv´e installet wireless weather sensors. I tries to disable som of the protocols but it doesent help. 
    There are over 2000 notifcations from the app wich i cannot clear (tried to enable disable and clear).
    Is this a common problem ?
  • @TobiasE No, not a common problem that I'm aware of. When did you last reboot Homey? What is the usage of the Homey process (config/system)?
  • RamonBaas said:
    @TobiasE No, not a common problem that I'm aware of. When did you last reboot Homey? What is the usage of the Homey process (config/system)?
    It happens directly after reboot, last hour iv´e rebooted it 5 times. I Just disabled the app and everything runs smooth
  • @TobiasE Are you able to download statistics from the application settings page? If you can send that to me. Maybe it contains a clue.
  • RamonBaas said:
    @TobiasE Are you able to download statistics from the application settings page? If you can send that to me. Maybe it contains a clue.
    Just enabled the app and clicked download, its attached
  • Nothing strange to see. It has found 2 sensors, all looks OK.
  • RamonBaas said:
    Nothing strange to see. It has found 2 sensors, all looks OK.
    Did some more testing, now i can only enable the app for a minute or two before the Homey gets unresponsive and goes Offline. After this the sollution is to pull the plug andra reboot abd then disable the app.
  • @TobiasE You post your problems on the forum, in the app comments and on GitHub. Not sure what you try to achieve with this. Propose that contact Athom support if you have an issue with your Homey.
  • kwekwe Member
    Hi there,

i was trying to include a  THGR122NX sensor in my Homey. It took the whole night, until he was recoginsed by Homey. Now the communication is vers bad. It recives data only every 1-3 hours. After it put the sensor outdoor no communication for the last 5 hours. Maybe someone can help.

• Hi!

Any plans on adding support for Viking 433 temperature sensors like these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sensors-for-Wireless-Weather-Station-Temperature-Sensor-100M/550938083.html

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    Vasaru said:
    Hi!

Any plans on adding support for Viking 433 temperature sensors like these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sensors-for-Wireless-Weather-Station-Temperature-Sensor-100M/550938083.html

433 is already support but there will be an app needed to connect it to Homey, don't think it's Athom who will make an app for this device because it's not wide used. Athom only focus on the most used devices, the rest is up to the community. Maybe you can capture your signal and add it to the app? 
  • Did you try the latest code from GitHub to see if it works?
  • If there are people have reception issues with 1.5.6-rc.6 or rc.7, please report them here: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2075
  • mikronmikron Member
    edited December 2017
    Hi everyone!

I just bought this weather station: https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/hem-kontor-fritid/fritid/termometrar-vaderstationer/vaderstationer/oregon-scientific-tradlos-vaderstation-p48719

I can´t include all of them, and when I have included one it loses the connection. Why is it not working?

I`m using wireless weather sensors app...

• For what it's worth; I just installed the app and it worked for me.
    Though please note that Homey needs some time to receive the initial signals and show it as a new device.
    Hope that helps!
  • Hello Ramon,

i have to replace my broken Alecto ws-4300 weather station.
    i would like to buy a new weather station, but it has to have a windmeter.

if i am correct it is best to buy a 433 mhz and not a 868 mhz station.....
    can you give me a tip on which station (brand/type) i can buy that is 100% compatible / tested?

thanks in advance,
    rob
  • COPCOP Member
    Has anyone managed to record signals from "Viking" temperature sensors?
    Have a bunch of them. Tellstick net has no problem reading them but can't get homey to record them.
  • I have a couple of Temperature sensors that is running the Alecto v3 protocol.

I have noticed in Homey that they dont show temperatures below -20 degrees. Is low temperatures capped?
  • Yes, to reduce invalid readings the values are checked for valid ranges. For temperature this used to be between -20 and +100. In the latest code this has been stretched to -40 to +100.
  • I have a WH2080 (sold under lots of brands: Fine Offset, Clas Ohlson, Conrad, Jula…). It seems like the signal is picked up by the Conrad 868 protocol, but with a 100% error rate. Apparently this is the same unit as the Alecto WS 4000 which might be using the Alecto v2 protocol. Any chance of implementing that? There seem to be some reverse engineering done at https://www.sevenwatt.com/main/wh1080-protocol-v2-fsk/
  • I have a oregon scientific station BAR206 with an external sensor. Looking at the Diagnostic protocol there is oregano v3 protocol identified but the sensor is not known, is it possible to add this sensor ? Would be great.
  • Well, first Athom will need to fix the 433Mhz reception code (see #2075). Now Orgeon Scientific is almost not working at all with the latest firmwares.
  • AnnieAnnie Member
    Discovered this plugin yesterday, I use it with my Alecto WS-4500 weather station. Super!!! Is it possible to set the rain data to 0 at midnight so rain is measured per day?
  • Use two variables:
    first one -> set it to the value of the rainmeter every day at 0:00
    second one -> with every change of the rainmeter set its value to (rainmeter - variable1)
  • AnnieAnnie Member
    Thanks bvdbos. Then, how do I display the value of the second variable (rainmeter-variable1) on a device page?
  • @RamonBaas I have read the complete post and see some people asking what station they should best buy but i don't see any clear advice. So with your experience what station would you advice for the Low budget <30 Euro and a high budget of let say 60 Euro that stable working. thanks

• @michelkamp Currently I cannot recommend any station. First Athom needs to fix 433Mhz reception. When that is done, we can see which one works best.
  • RamonBaas said:
    @michelkamp Currently I cannot recommend any station. First Athom needs to fix 433Mhz reception. When that is done, we can see which one works best.
    Same issue's for 868 sensors ?
  • 868 sensors are not supported at all on Homey.