This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Synology Surveillance Station for Homey

Comments

• That is related to the Synology API changes (I think), nothing works anymore except for login/logout. I am leaving on a vacation tomorrow so there's no time to fix it anytime soon.
  • @jorden have a nice vacation ! :)
  • Have a nice holiday !!

you did use the latest api doc ?

Synology told me that there where changes but no functionality on the api has been taken out.

https://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/DeveloperGuide/Surveillance_Station_Web_API_v2.6.pdf

• Latest changes are from 11-1-2017 so nothing should have changed indeed :/
  • I just checked.. after replacing a battery in the outdoor censor, but for my application The Synology app still works..motion being detected and recording start for 3 min and the recording stops. everything on the latest versions

•  
    Robebar said:
    I just checked.. after replacing a battery in the outdoor censor, but for my application The Synology app still works..motion being detected and recording start for 3 min and the recording stops. everything on the latest versions

So email a photo is working? And "starts recording" is working? Wyrd, u seems to be the only one.
  • No I do not send any pictures to my email, but yes the recording function is still working. also disable and enable of the camera's still work.
    I do have the NVR216, which is a complete solution, but to my knowledge it uses the same software as the others. 
  • Surveillance Station 8.0.6-5193 is running, app version V1.2.8, and Homey 1.5.2
  • We dont send them by mail either. We send them from a flow to some other app in homey. Telegram in my config.
    That is what doesnt work. The starts recording trigger card is the problem
  • I have seen that Homey doesn't pass all information to Synology anymore in 'step 2'. Wether that is because of my bad coding, changes in the Synology API in 'step 1', changes in NodeJS/Homey in version 1.5.2 or anything else, I couldn't find out yet.
    Will soon start on a new version of the Synology app when I find the time. I think it's one of the most important apps I made, and it has to improve a lot.
  • jorden said:
    I have seen that Homey doesn't pass all information to Synology anymore in 'step 2'. Wether that is because of my bad coding, changes in the Synology API in 'step 1', changes in NodeJS/Homey in version 1.5.2 or anything else, I couldn't find out yet.
    Will soon start on a new version of the Synology app when I find the time. I think it's one of the most important apps I made, and it has to improve a lot.
    For your information, this is my situation.

When doorbel is pressed a photo is taken and saved on the NAS.
    Starting/stopping recording is still working.
    Swich off and on of the camera is still working.
    Not working is sending a photo by e-mail.
  • Starting doesn't work here :)
  • A new version will be greatly appreciated! Thnx!
  • @adju just for my information: where exactly can I see the images saved on my Synology? I've checked in the /Surveillance folder on the root of my Synology, but nothing there...
  • Jon said:
    @adju just for my information: where exactly can I see the images saved on my Synology? I've checked in the /Surveillance folder on the root of my Synology, but nothing there...
    /surveillance/@snapshot and with DS Cam under Snapshots
  • Hi @jorden
    I don't know if it is asked already but wil the "Home" mode status be something that can be set by a card?

greetings,
    Aaron
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2017
    Home mode switching would be a great opportunity! Hope it can be implemented.

@Aaron
    In July I asked this already
  • @Eternity Ah, ok I did not see that. I guess it is not that easy  :)
  • I thought I would do a post to keep this subject/request alive ;-)

• That's interesting (and slightly out of my league)!

I figured out how to use Get and Post html commands with Homey / Domoticz, but this seems a bit more complicated 
  • @RobinVanKekem
    Hi, thanks for looking this up. Ik can't figure out how to use this. I thought I make a virtual device but what kan I use to send the on and off url's?

Do you have an example for us? Thanks.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    @RobinVanKekem
    Hi, thanks for looking this up. Ik can't figure out how to use this. I thought I make a virtual device but what kan I use to send the on and off url's?

Do you have an example for us? Thanks.

greetings,
    Aaron
    No, sorry.
    Something for the developer to look in to it.
  • Hi @jorden ; dit you already find some time to adres the "send by email" problem?
  • @phb Not yet, sorry!
  • to bad, triggers won't work here... (Surveillance station 8.1.1-5408)
  • I managed to get the Surveillance Station "Home Mode" to switch On/Off via a http GET command and presence.
    If anyone is interested I will post the details.
  • Leeuw1960Leeuw1960 Member
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    I managed to get the Surveillance Station "Home Mode" to switch On/Off via a http GET command and presence.
    If anyone is interested I will post the details.
    I am interested 
  • Yes, I am really interested. Great.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    The below steps made it possible to switch ON/OFF Synology Surveillance Station Home Mode.

Needed:
    - a Homey
    - Surveillance Station (SS) running on your Synology NAS
    - the IP:port of your Syno
    - On Homey you will need the App 'Http request flow kaarten" by Erik van Dongen
    - I have used Smart Presence too, but that is optional and depends on your needs.

If I test this flow, Home Mode is switched ON in SS:

And a similar flow can switch OFF the SS Home Mode.

Steps:
    - Open Surveillance Station (SS) in a browser
    - Open the settings page and make sure that 'actieregels inschakelen' is ticked:

- Click op the menu 'Actieregel' to open it and create a new rule (here you see my 2 rules I had created earlier):

- the following 4 screenshots shots show my settings for the new action rule:

*** NOTE 'OPDRACHT OPHALEN" !!!! ***

=> here I created the action to START Home Mode, in the other/second action rule I made Home Mode STOP home mode <=

Save the action rule. You are done with creating the first action rule. Do the same steps again to create the new/second action rule, but this time the action will be to STOP Home Mode.

And now to get the code, needed in Homey to set the Home Mode :-)

3 screenshots back you see the 'Opdracht ophalen' button. To get to that screen again, you can edit the action rule you created (select and edit). If you click the 'Opdracht ophalen' button, a box will open with the code you will need in Homey:

Here It shows the internal IP + port of my Syno, some nerdy stuff and where you should add your own credentials for 'account' and 'password'. Copy the code so you can paste it later on.

In Homey create a flow like the one in the first screen shot. Paste the code and add your own IP:port and credentials. BTW keep the " ..."  so it looks like this => ...account}="yours"&password="yours".

If you test it, it should start Home mode. Likewise, if you make a second flow with the other action rule to STOP Home Mode and paste that, it should stop Home Mode. Works for me!

On my phone, I see the Home Mode switch on / Off in the DS Cam App, when I test/run these two flows. 

As 'Smart Presence' works reasonably well in my situation (with 1 Android and two Apple phones), this flow does work for me too, where the SS Home mode AAN flow, will ...ehh...do what it says ;-):