This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[App] Fibaro by Athom (v1.5.18)

Comments

• Robin said:
    HansieNL said:
    @caseda : button stopped working after update of app. I can't get it paired again. I did disable / enable app. I did reset button to factory default. I also did a reset z-wave network and homey ptp. All without getting the button paired again.
    We had the same issue woth our button at the office. I sniffed the network to find the issue, and it appears the device is only sending battery reports, on every click of the button, which prevents it from sending a nif to start the pairing process. Device used to work properly, so no clue what is the issue.
    And now...? Please don't tell me I can't use this button anymore  :#
    Picked up a 2nd button and pairing was piece of cake.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    @HansieNL
    i have a feeling, but it's hard for me to try out since both of my buttons works, even though still with too many battery reports.
    my feeling is that the button is not reset properly by homey's reset frame (what happens when you exclude) could you try to reset it manually in the button itself:
    1. Click the Button exactly five times.
    2. Press and hold the Button for at least 5 seconds.
    and then try to re-add it again.
  • caseda said:
    @HansieNL
    i have a feeling, but it's hard for me to try out since both of my buttons works, even though still with too many battery reports.
    my feeling is that the button is not reset properly by homey's reset frame (what happens when you exclude) could you try to reset it manually in the button itself:
    1. Click the Button exactly five times.
    2. Press and hold the Button for at least 5 seconds.
    and then try to re-add it again.
    I did that already (described in the manual) but no luck?
    Also changed battery with new one (from 2nd button).
    I also checked https://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?/topic/23749-fibaro-button-randomly-dies/#comment-105988 and https://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?/topic/23378-fibaro-button-not-working/#comment-103640
    I hope it can be fixed  :'(
  • Leeuw1960Leeuw1960 Member
    edited February 2017
    i tried to use a simple flow to export de temp from te universal binary sensor to a google spreadsheet.
    one works but the other not.?
    This one is working but only the variable are always the same and not equal to the actual value.

And this one is does not work at all it wrights nothing to the spreadsheet.??

do i something wrong .?
    i looks like the variable don't update.
    i disabled and able the app.
  • YvesGeffensYvesGeffens Member
    edited February 2017
    I was having more or less the same issues when trying to log.
    Try to use only one card with a trigger name.

2 solutions:
    1° Each IFTTT flow-card has it's own trigger-name (in your case Temperatuur1, Temperatuur2, ...)
    2° Store the line you want to log to a BL-string-variable. The name of this variable is identical in every flow;
    create a Log Flow with in the IF column the BL-variable, and in the THEN column the IFTTT flow-card with the log-value, like this:

Flow 1: I want to log everything that is said by Homey (the actual say-flow-card is in another flow, because I have extra rules so that Homey isn't talking when I don't want him to).

Flow 2: I want to log everything that is sent as a Push Message

Flow 3: the actual flow that Logs everything

I log to a Google Spreadsheet, the date, time and the variable 'log', all taken from the 'Tags'.

The best you can do is delete your current flows that have a IFTTT trigger card, and recreate them.
    Other wise you might get orphans in IFTTT, when selecting the list with available Triggers.

Happy Logging !
  • thanks @YvesGeffens i will test the first options this evening.
    But still strange that my first flow always give the same temperatuur
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2017
    For people experiencing flickering (aka Ripple control effect) LED lamps on the Fibaro dimmer-2's: 

I noticed this blog post at Robbshop which, with implementing all measures except for the firmware update, solved my flickering LED's (mainly with 12V power supply).

Translated for the non-Dutch users:
    - New firmware (3.5) is available for the Fibaro dimmer 2. It has an additional setting (38. Brightness level correction for flickering loads) embedded where initial results seem positive.

If your using the Fibaro dimmer 2 in combination with multiple led-lights, try the following:
    - Force calibrate the dimmer with only 1 lamp connected. Add the remaining lamps after calibration.
    - Use if possible LED's lamps on 230V (without driver or power supply)
    - Check the results by connecting the dimmer with or without a blue wire (aka 3-wire or 2-wire setup)
    - Use a Dimmer bypass.

• For people experiencing flickering (aka Ripple control effect) LED lamps on the Fibaro dimmer-2's: 

I noticed this blog post at Robbshop which, with implementing all measures except for the firmware update, solved my flickering LED's (mainly with 12V power supply).

Translated for the non-Dutch users:
    - New firmware (3.5) is available for the Fibaro dimmer 2. It has an additional setting (38. Brightness level correction for flickering loads) embedded where initial results seem positive.

If your using the Fibaro dimmer 2 in combination with multiple led-lights, try the following:
    - Force calibrate the dimmer with only 1 lamp connected. Add the remaining lamps after calibration.
    - Use if possible LED's lamps on 230V (without driver or power supply)
    - Check the results by connecting the dimmer with or without a blue wire (aka 3-wire or 2-wire setup)
    - Use a Dimmer bypass.

Sounds like a good thing to try. But as I'm using a Homey instead of a home center how can the firmware be updated?
  • Sillyjan said:
    Sounds like a good thing to try. But as I'm using a Homey instead of a home center how can the firmware be updated?
    That's why I also didn't update the firmware... yet, even without the v3.5 firmware, it stopped flickering.
    Still have 1 dimmer-2 without these measures, providing a nice comparison of the effect of these measures.

Updating the firmware through Homey will take some time. If possible, and firmware will be provided by Fibaro.
    Current focus is to complement and extend functionality of the Fibaro app.
  • caseda said:
    @Count_B
    ah that explains it, it only works in the latest homey version (1.1.x) not in previous versions as something changed in the z-wave core for this. sorry only experimental at the moment

@HansieNL
    i found the issue and am working on a fix as we speak, expect it soon :smile:
    Can anybody confirm that the S2 switch of the Fibaro (FGS-213)  is working now with the latest stable update 1.1.9?
  • @Count_B s2 is functioning with its scene activation (so: single, double, triple press/switch; hold and released)
  • caseda said:
    @Count_B s2 is functioning with its scene activation (so: single, double, triple press/switch; hold and released)
    I have re-added the fibaro switch but still it doesn't respond when I press the S2 switch. I have created a simple flow that when the S2 switch is pressed, homey says something. Any ideas?
  • edited February 2017
    Count_B said:
    caseda said:
    @Count_B s2 is functioning with its scene activation (so: single, double, triple press/switch; hold and released)
    I have re-added the fibaro switch but still it doesn't respond when I press the S2 switch. I have created a simple flow that when the S2 switch is pressed, homey says something. Any ideas?
    I have the same issue. For me on one switch the s2 is working fine, but the other isn't. I was wondering if I connected the cables correctly. Have you checked yours?
  • Count_B said:
    I had similar issues (with a fibaro dimmer though) in a previous version of homey. What I did:
    - remove the switch from your devices (devices -> your_device -> cross in upper right).
    - than again remove your switch from via settings -> z-wave -> remove device
    - than re-add.

Make sure the device is really removed from homey before repairing.
  • I may have found a bug. When I change the setting to "Tuimelschakelaar" in the device seetings then the S2 switch works but I get 2 times the message "this is a test" (that makes sense off course). When I change the the setting to "Kortstondige schakelaar" nothing happens. Any ideas @caseda ?

• Update:

The flows that work with the S2 switch:

Lang ingedrukt (Kortstondige schakelaar)
    Lang ingedrukt los (Kortstondige schakelaar)

Flows that doesn't work:

1x ingedrukt/geschakeld
    2x ingedrukt/geschakeld
    3x ingedrukt/geschakeld
  • Are there double/tripple press cards for the fibaro dimmer or only for the relays?
  • Ah cool, had die dropdown over het hoofd gezien! Werken deze ook (beperkt) met een wip schakelaar?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2017
    @Yannick
    Ze werken met wip schakelaar zelfde als met pulse schakelaar, zorg wel je settings goed hebt staan.

IE: 1x ingedrukt = 1x geschakeld

je mist alleen wel een aantal opties, zoals "lang vasthouden/loslaten" en de uitgang direct dimmen werkt niet met de wip schakelaar
  • ispaapenispaapen Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit, it's solved for now. Drag and drop doesn't work well in the desktop app. In Chrome i was able to drag and drop the tag from the first card to the second

I've created a flow that pushes a notification when the battery level of my door sensors are below a certain level. See screenshot.The tag that comes with the sensor card is "niveau" but the card i can select for the value is "accuniveau".
    I expected the same name for the sensor tags, do i overlook something or is it a bug?

• OGSOGS Member
    @Caseda, where can I find this 1x, 2x press options for normal switches, i can only find this options when selecting a dimmer?

• OGSOGS Member
    In earlier times there was an option to directly set a parameter using the flow editor, is there still a way to do this?
  • OGSOGS Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the issue that sometimes Homey does not react to an input on the binairy sensor.
    Triggering it a second and sometimes third time it reacts and Homey gives me the correct respons (speak and push message).
    As I use one for my front door bell it is sometimes annoying that I do not get a push message when someone is ringing.
    Where could be the problem in this?
    I checked with the Z-Wave Log and it comes in 2 times but only reacts 1 time
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.180Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d0101200100
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.195Z] Node[9]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data 0x0100
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.388Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION, data: 0x010bff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.543Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d01012001ff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.582Z] Node[9]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data 0x01ff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:41.766Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION, data: 0x010aff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:43.971Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d0101200100
    [2017-03-01T14:41:43.995Z] Node[9]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data 0x0100
    [2017-03-01T14:41:44.301Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d01012001ff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:44.317Z] Node[9]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data 0x01ff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:44.457Z] Node[9]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL, data: 0x0d01012001ff
    [2017-03-01T14:41:44.475Z] Node[9]: Decapsulated frame from COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL to COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC, data 0x01ff

In this case it is 2 sec after the first (and incoming Push message) but the second time the flow does not react

edited March 2017
    In the Fibaro app v1.2.3 (currently in master branch), some additional functions have been implemented:

'Set forced brightness action' card for Fibaro Dimmer-2
    use case: change the dim-level (upon switching on the dimmer) over time via a flow, e.g. lower the dim-level in the corridor during the night to 10% and increase after sunrise. At all times, double clicking will increase the dim-level to full
    How to implement: 
    1. Enable the double click function in the settings in the Fibaro Dimmer-2 settings
    2. Define a new flow (e.g. time triggered)
    3. Add the "set forced brightness" action card and set the desired brightness level

Note: this function / parameter is not available at the Dimmer-1.
    As suggested by @OGS parameter 40 might provide a similar function for the Dimmer-1 (without double click).
    I will include a similar action card for that parameter.
  • Fibaro app (Master branch) has been update to 1.3.0
    Changelog as mentioned in the app store is not complete:

v 1.2.4 v 1.3.0

added support for:
    FGKF-601 - KeyFob (credits to @caseda)

fixed:
    FGMS-001(-PLUS) - Parameter size corrections several parameters

update:
    FGMS-001(-PLUS) - Add parameters to enable direct triggering (direct association) on motion alarm
    FGMS-001(-PLUS) - Add Battery alarm capability
    FGD-212 - Add 'Change brightness over time' action card FGMS-001(-PLUS),
    FGD-212 - Improved hints (range and default), addition of association group hints

edited March 2017
    In the Fibaro app v1.3.0 (currently in master branch), some additional functions have been implemented:

Settings update of Fibaro Motion sensors (non-plus and plus) enabling direct association

Use case: motion sensor switching on lamps via direct association = fast response without Homey in between
    How to implement: Fibaro Motion sensor settings:
    1. Set the Motion alarm cancellation delay: when motion alarm turns on, the associated device will be switched on
    2. Set the motion operating mode to "Night only". 
      note: this will no longer provide motion triggers when light intensity is above the set illumination threshold
    3. Set the motion alarm illumination threshold: 
      when the light intensity is below this threshold, the function will be activated
    4. Set Motion detection command:
      ON: when motion alarm turns on, the associated device will be switched on
      OFF: when the motion alarm turns off (after motion alarm cancellation delay), the associated device will switch off
    5. Set Motion detection ON and OFF command: see hint for details
      If you like to change the dim-level over time, choose 255 (switch ON command) and combine this with the “set forced brightness” action card discussed in an 

6. Add the Z-wave Node ID of another Z-wave device (e.g. Fibaro Dimmer-2) to the second association group (motion sensor triggered)

7. Save settings of the Fibaro motion sensor
    8. Test the settings
    Note: Please be aware that there are limitations:
    1. a Z-wave plus dimmer (like the Fibaro Dimmer-2) does not accept a switch on / dim command from a non Z-wave plus motion sensor (Fibaro or Neo), see Github
    2. Direct association towards a multi-channel device (e.g. Fibaro FGS-223) where S1 and S2 are two (different) end points (independently switchable) within 1 node(ID) is currently not possible. The Fibaro Motion sensor does support Multi Channel Association (towards a NodeID + end point) but setting up a Multi-channel association is not yet implemented in Homey v1.1.9. 
      The Fibaro dimmer-2 (FGD-212), is not a multi-channel node; no device physically connected to S2.
    'Change brightness over time' action card for Fibaro dimmer-2:
    use case: create your own wake-up light gradually increasing the dim-level over a period of e.g. 30 minutes
    how to implement:
    1. Define a new flow (e.g. time triggered)
    2. Add the "change brightness over time" action card and set the desired brightness level and duration in either seconds or minutes.
      Setting the duration to 0 will change brightness instantly
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited March 2017
    @TedTolboom thank you very much for your examples. I would lovely enable the direct association, but i have a three switch cross circuit and there is no real on/off with my fibaro 223 double switch 2! 

At at the moment i take the lux of the fibaro motion sensor to set a variable 'dark' (switch off). and only when 'dark' is true and motion detected then toggle state of the double switch. 

It works but with a delay of some seconds. 

Do you know a solution to make it with Direct Association?

It could be that my kids switched the lights on. But now the motion sensor acts and switches the Double switch state.... To on or off?

i think i am now confused.... Sorry.

• phil_s said:
    ... there is no real on/off with my fibaro 223 double switch 2! 

At at the moment i take the lux of the fibaro motion sensor to set a variable 'dark' (switch off). and only when 'dark' is true and motion detected then toggle state of the double switch. 
    @phil_s can you share the flow where you switch / toggle the state of the double switch?
    I will look if I can provide a solution / better description to clear the confusion.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited March 2017
    of course, but i hope you can understand my construct :-)

variable "dunkelheit (darkness)" is set by the lux of the fibaro sensor (>15 dunkelheit = false, <15 dunkelheit = true)

variable TH Licht (TreppenHaus -> stairwell Light is on or off as a state).

the last flow is because when somebody switches the light manually to off, then i check after some seconds the lux and timer running to stop timer and deactivate flow (activate it after 10 seconds again) for going out of the range of the stairwell

it works nearly perfect.
    but if the kids switch the light manualy fast on and off this construct sometimes reacts faulty ;-)
    and the delay of the lights on is a littlebit slow (3-5 seconds) perhaps beacause of the sensor which is 4 meters away on the ceiling
    1.jpg 84.4K
    2.jpg 44.2K
    3.jpg 41.9K
    4.jpg 70.6K
    5.jpg 121.3K
This discussion has been closed.