This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Fixed and aproved! Enjoy guys, let me know if you encounter any issues...

Do note! You need to remove the 0.0.4 before you can use 0.0.5
  • Really nice app with great features. 

Before I really would use it I would need to see some sort of back-up option like betterlogic has for example. Not taking the risk of doing all sort of things over and over again. That would give me déjà vu experiences from the Homey past...
  • It's on the todo list. 
    But hard to implement at the moment since the settings can change in future updates

• Ah ok, nothing said then.

Keep up the good work  :)
  • Hey there,
    Since the new version I've to go the a different URL on my ipad?

The http://(myhomeyip):1337 isn't working anymore?

Thanks!

• @youlabeest Not just the url changed, but most of the settings as well. I recommend you remove the app first, then install it again. and go to settings->homeydash
  • Thanks, think I found the problem.. It's not your app.. I'm not able to login to homey.. Using just the ip adres + email and password..

When I enter a wrong password it's says wrong password. When I enter the correct one it just empty's the fields and nothing happens..

• youlabeestyoulabeest Member
    edited January 2017

<Knip>

• use the cloud id login and it works, are u using iOS?
  • spoelly said:
    use the cloud id login and it works, are u using iOS?

Yes IOS.. What do you mean by cloud id login?
    Where can I find this? Or is this the copy past part?

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
    when you open the dashboard on the tablet, do this in the following way. Because there is a issue with iOS.

- go to my.athom.com
    - login with your email and password.
    - go to settings>homeydash
    - click "Go To Homeydash" 

has something to do with cookies..

To get the dashboard working on iOS (get past the login screen without cookies set), you will have to visit your cloud url first. (https://YOURCLOUDID.homey.athom.com).
  • @spoelly
    You are right, there is a cookie stored for api.athom.com ... i still don't understand the issue, but only happens on iOS as far as i can tell.

@youlabeest
    My solution was, login to https://YOURCLOUDID.homey.athom.com first then access the dashboard or via that url or via local ip.

You can find your cloud id somewhere in the settings.
  • wow great dashi @swtt !!! :)
  • Thnx! :smile:
  • I encountered something strange. When I access the homeydash from my iPad the first time everything is fine. Dashboard is loading ok, can switch lights etc. But when I try to access the same page a second time the page gets in some sort of infinite refresh loop. Any thought on what im doing wrong here?
  • @Niek You are using the last version and cleared al the settings first? (clear settings = removed the app)

• @swtt yes removed 0.0.4 and installed 0.0.5. I only encounter this on the iPad. On my macbook everything is fine.
  • @Niek what exactly do you mean with infinite loop? Tested iOS allot since it had some quirks...(and still does). But never encountered it not working...the only thing that you might mean, is the logging in isn't working. (and keeps looping) If that is the case, login to your cloud url first.
  • NiekNiek Member
    edited January 2017
    @swtt i think it is the log in part. The page remains blank whilst the url is being refreshed infinitely. I have tried it with both the cloud and local url and also with chrome instead of safari. Will try again though

update: Adding token to local settings did the trick.
  • How do i get into the dashboard page without having to login into homey first?
    On versie 0.4 i could easily goto http://ip.homey:1337 and voila the dash, but now you first have to login into home and use settings etc to go into dashboard.....

The nice thing about the dashboard was to quickly access it, taht advantage is gone, i hope you can turn it back on again.

An other question is: how does the plugin page work, it is empty (as in old version), are there any plugins?

Last question, is it possible to activate/start flows or installed apps?
    It would be great to be able to start a flow bv: alle lampen aan
  • @B3rt
    I think i just replied to you questions in the appstore as well.

The dashboard is still easy to access on http://yourhomeyip/app/com.swttt.homeydash
    Login is needed for the realtime sockets to work. When you are using it as a webapp you can enable the setting to store your bearer token in the localstorage. This would disable the login in some way.

There aren't any plugins yet. Will be added later, when most of the core functions are working...

You could start flows using a bitflip device (better logic app).
    I am not sure what you mean with activating installed apps.
  • swttt said:

You could start flows using a bitflip device (better logic app).
    I am not sure what you mean with activating installed apps.
    Thx, looking into this bitflip, but cannot find any option in betterlogic for it, but i posted a question in the forum topic for it.

Starting an app, for example the logitech harmony app, start a harmony activity (alles uit) , but i think this would be achieved by running a flow manually as asked in my former question.. SO i think this question is not that relevant if i could get virtual devices up and running....
  • @swttt ; first: great app, really like it and thanks for the hard work! Greatly appreciated.

Second, would it be possible to use the new Trigger cards of Better Logic as a Card in the Dashboard? I used the BitFlips as a trigger and that worked fine but I think the new Trigger buttons are 'cleaner'. I have e.g. seperate BL variables for normal lights, lights dimmed and lights 100% and one to turn it all off (independent of which light setting I used), which triggered on just changing the variable and on/off is then not really relevant.

Hopefully it is easy to implement. 
  • hey @swttt
    i just made i Better Logis Trigger device instaead of a bitfip. 
    but the trigger device is not available if i want to choose it in your dachboard. bitflip works.
  • That's because the Trigger cards don't have the 'on/off' capability like the Bitflips do.
    This new capability would have to be created in the dash then.

• the new update looks great, but I have one question, how can I add a plug-in?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    Solved...
  • i discovered a bug....

When you add a new room and use ' in a name it stops working.

I added a room called combinatie's to the dash, after pressing 'add' nothing seems to happen, the room is added but it is impossible to add devices to it and also to choose or delete it.

Dunno how to delete the room but it seems like a (little) bug, is there a trich to delete rooms when the interface is not responding?
  • @Eternity; You do not have to create two different flows, well anyway I did not. I have made a 'master' flow, let's for example use the normal lighting scene. I have a BL variable 'Lichten_wk_normaal', and if that BL variable changes (does not matter if it is on or off, just changed) it is executed. This way I can access this variable in all other flows or input.

When I add a Bitflip switch for that variable I just trigger it (does not matter if it turns on or off, I do not care which state it is in) and it gets executed. In the dasboard this looks the same as your example above, but I also have a Bitflip with 'Lights off' which could be on 'On' which looks a bit silly, or the lights are all off and the cards are all stating 'On'. That is why the buttons/trigger card from BL looks cleaner.

Here are some screenshots (please note the underscores for the different variables)

My Master flow

The BL variables:

When I press this button the variable gets flipped and the flow executed

This is the Trigger flow: 

2.JPG 23.8K
    3.JPG 45.7K
    1.JPG 48.7K
    4.JPG 22.2K
  • for now i think the only way is to delete the app and configure your room again. 
    You can file your bug here:
    https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homeydash/issues