This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• True, and something i will try to add later.
    I don't own any roller shutter devices of some sort. So hard to test how the controls work, but i'll figure it out.
  • Is it possibe to add a push button, so instead of ON/Off or DIMM just a button which you can click on.

This can be used to trigger/start a flow, when usin on/off it looks like it is the state of the device, but you just want to run/start a flow, it has no on/of or dim function.
  • B3rt said:
    Is it possibe to add a push button, so instead of ON/Off or DIMM just a button which you can click on.

This can be used to trigger/start a flow, when usin on/off it looks like it is the state of the device, but you just want to run/start a flow, it has no on/of or dim function.
    I currently do this by using bitflip devices of which I set the status to off again in the flow that it triggers. You sort of get what you would like this way. 
  • Will be added soon tho :smile:
  • Qx5 said:
    B3rt said:
    Is it possibe to add a push button, so instead of ON/Off or DIMM just a button which you can click on.

I currently do this by using bitflip devices of which I set the status to off again in the flow that it triggers. You sort of get what you would like this way. 
    not really, i use it the same way at the moment.

When i add bitfit device it has an option ON or OFF, but starting a flow there is no ON or OFF.
    Yes i can start/trigger the flow by turning it on or off but should not be on/off

For developer:
    Maybe a (not sure if possible) to add a kind of auto off trigger to the tile.
    I mean, the switch is always OFF, when i click on it it turn ON and briefly after (1 second) it will swith back toOFF again in the dash(without giving an command to homey afcours when swithing back to off).
    This way you can simply use the buttons to tigger flows (go to bed or all lights on or off etc) 
  • I think Qx5 is right...if you enable a flow when a bitflip devices changed. You can turn the bitflip off after everything is done. So in the dashboard it turns on -> flow gets excecuted -> bitflip turns off.

Next version will have some more basic capabilities added as well.
  • B3rt said:
    Yes i can start/trigger the flow by turning it on or off but should not be on/off

For developer:
    Maybe a (not sure if possible) to add a kind of auto off trigger to the tile.
    I mean, the switch is always OFF, when i click on it it turn ON and briefly after (1 second) it will swith back toOFF again in the dash(without giving an command to homey afcours when swithing back to off).
    This way you can simply use the buttons to tigger flows (go to bed or all lights on or off etc) 
    Well that is also what I said, to make it a bit more 'cleaner' to use a button instead an on/off button (where it does not matter which state it is in, just changing it would trigger it). It works, you just have to get used that the on/off status has nothing to do with the actual status (which would be exactly the same for a button, there you also do not know the status). 

I think the latter note would be quite hard to implement for the developer, and would not be necessary if the BL triggers are implemented in HomeyDash.
  • no that is not actually so.
    A flow runs and there is nothing to turn off after, the flow simply runs.

You create fows which you tigger by sensors or buttons etc.

For example a flow 'go to bed'.

You first create a flow which has as IF a flow activated card, then in AND nothing and in THEN all the thing the flow should perform when you go to bed, all lights, thermostat, blinds, alarms etc etc

You create an other flow for the statements, so:
    IF button A on remote is pressed AND it is night THEN activate flow 'to bed'
    or
    WHEN said 'ok homey i go to bed' THEN activate the flow 'to bed'

You use here 1 flow called 'to bed' which can be triggered from different devices (speech, button or bitflit etc)
    If you use flows this way you don't have to change or set every flow you create the light modes etc, just start the on, dim , off light mode flow and your are done. So if you want to change what should happen when you go to bed you have to change it only once or all device triggers.

For triggering/starting a flow you indeed create a bitflip device as virtual button to use on your dashboard.

But as i explained, there is no reason for OFF, you just start a flow which finish itself, also you cannot lookup the state of a flow.

An other example is modes:
    I created modes such as: 'on holliday', 'have a free day' etc these are betterlogi booleans (tue/false) and can be used to change normal flows
    So if 'on holliday' is true do not perform certain flows (not needed because i am on holliday), so also for a 'have a free day', when activated some flows run not when i am at home when normally i would not be.

To change or activate these modes i use bitflip and dashboard, but here it is on /off and they do sadly not give the actual true or false state what is stored in betterlogic. When an other flow changes a state it is not shown on the dashboard.

Hope this little explanation helps to what i mean and how it also an be used.

So please if possible, add just an push button, the on/off has no use when triggering/activating flows

thx!

• JulianJulian Member
    edited February 2017
    @B3rt; to whom or what are you replying? Because this is exactly what I am saying and @swttt; has already indicated that he would try to implement the trigger buttons in HomeyDash. So we understand you perfectly, no further explanation necessary :smile: 
  • B3rt said:
    no that is not actually so.
    A flow runs and there is nothing to turn off after, the flow simply runs.

You create fows which you tigger by sensors or buttons etc.

For example a flow 'go to bed'.

You first create a flow which has as IF a flow activated card, then in AND nothing and in THEN all the thing the flow should perform when you go to bed, all lights, thermostat, blinds, alarms etc etc

You create an other flow for the statements, so:
    IF button A on remote is pressed AND it is night THEN activate flow 'to bed'
    or
    WHEN said 'ok homey i go to bed' THEN activate the flow 'to bed'

You use here 1 flow called 'to bed' which can be triggered from different devices (speech, button or bitflit etc)
    If you use flows this way you don't have to change or set every flow you create the light modes etc, just start the on, dim , off light mode flow and your are done. So if you want to change what should happen when you go to bed you have to change it only once or all device triggers.

For triggering/starting a flow you indeed create a bitflip device as virtual button to use on your dashboard.

But as i explained, there is no reason for OFF, you just start a flow which finish itself, also you cannot lookup the state of a flow.

An other example is modes:
    I created modes such as: 'on holliday', 'have a free day' etc these are betterlogi booleans (tue/false) and can be used to change normal flows
    So if 'on holliday' is true do not perform certain flows (not needed because i am on holliday), so also for a 'have a free day', when activated some flows run not when i am at home when normally i would not be.

To change or activate these modes i use bitflip and dashboard, but here it is on /off and they do sadly not give the actual true or false state what is stored in betterlogic. When an other flow changes a state it is not shown on the dashboard.

Hope this little explanation helps to what i mean and how it also an be used.

So please if possible, add just an push button, the on/off has no use when triggering/activating flows

thx!

would indeed be great for such a button....for now i made VT buttons which i only use to turn on a preset like you do..The status is shown when selected and when an other preset is selected the other presets will go to off. this way ik can use it in the dashboard.

• I would still count that button as a switch and no "real" button as well :P
    Not sure how i am going to make it look tho...
  • As a check of action?

• swttt said:
    I would still count that button as a switch and no "real" button as well :P
    Not sure how i am going to make it look tho...
    dunno if posible, but if you just add that the slider goes back to off again it will do.....
    So press 'on' the slider goes ON (flow starts) and after a very short delay (1 second) slider goed back to OFF again.
    Just that it never stays on the ON position.

What also is possible is that the whole tile acts as button, click on it and it toggles the switch, when click highlight or change the color when pressed.

Just some idea's, dunno what is possible
  • @B3rt
    Will look into just a regular button to click. but has to be nice tho. Creating another switch will confuse to much i guess.

Like i said before, the above is possible if you create a flow like this (considering you have a flow to turn on the lights itself)

IF bitflip turned on THEN 1. Run flow 'something that does something' 2. set bitflip to off again

but yeah, you have to create a variable special for the bitflip device...

For on holiday bitflips you can act on IF every 10 min AND bitflip is ON THEN make sure everything is still set for on holiday. Or the other way around.
  • Still working on massive UI changes, no sneak previews for now :smile: 
    Want to keep it some kind of secret :)
    For now it takes allot of work and trial and error to keep it working cross browsers.
    I expect to release it as Alpha and Beta next week. Then it depends on how many bugs we will find :smiley:
  • Great looking forward to it!
  • swttt said:
    Still working on massive UI changes, no sneak previews for now :smile: 
    Want to keep it some kind of secret :)
    For now it takes allot of work and trial and error to keep it working cross browsers.
    I expect to release it as Alpha and Beta next week. Then it depends on how many bugs we will find :smiley:
    If you need any help with testing sent me a pm
  • Love this project, although the icons (placeholders for devices) could be much smaller. Do get some inspiration from : https://www.brilliant.tech , with the upcoming Alexa intergartion (who knows: One more thing - Next to our Facebook Messenger integration, soon another very popular speech integration will join the Homey family...) it is a great direction.
  • Oh boy, that thing looks awesome!

@ispaapen Having an Alpha/Beta channel on slack, you can DM me there and i'll add you to it.

• As an idea to speed up development and get a lot more functionality:
    Couldn't you hook up the interface to a Facebook messenger REST API. That way you can create buttons with a REST call to send a command through facebook messenger and you can controll a lot more devices than through the Homey REST API directly.
  • It's rare, but there are still people without Facebook :) 
  • quaticquatic Member
    edited February 2017
    Fire69 said:
    It's rare, but there are still people without Facebook :) 
    Sure, but perhaps you can use it next to the Homey API. If I could choose between turning all my lights on or off individually or have all Homey's possibilities I'd say it's an easy choice. Next to that, it would be a great improvement/addition to Homey as the voice control is far below par (at least I think so, as I need to repeat stuff 5 times and then with luck sometimes something happens)
  • I like the idea, but isn't it possible to send directly text to the text input page of Homey?

Then you could create a button on the dashboard, where you choose the name of the button, the icon of the button and the text to send to Homey. If you push that button, it just sends that text to the speech input of Homey. Homey thinks someone talks to him and reacts on it, depending on the flow you have made in Homey that is triggered bij that specific text. 
  • I like the idea, but isn't it possible to send directly text to the text input page of Homey?

Then you could create a button on the dashboard, where you choose the name of the button, the icon of the button and the text to send to Homey. If you push that button, it just sends that text to the speech input of Homey. Homey thinks someone talks to him and reacts on it, depending on the flow you have made in Homey that is triggered bij that specific text. 
    That is just possible with BetterLogic:

IF var_sim_speech changed THEN emulate speech "var_sim_speech".
  • I made an similar dashboard for my home (hardcoded config, for full hd resolution only, still work in progress), based on the interface design of http://carmelarad.com/homey.html. Your app's code helped me alot, thanks for that!

However, here a few suggestions:
    • plugin: calendar (I used google calendar's api) to show the next X events
    • plugin: weather data with forecast (netatmo / openweathermap)
    • plugin: shopping list (I used google tasks api), nice if the dashboard is attached to the kitchen
    • alarm detection: when alarm was detected, no input is possible (to prevent disabling the alarm simply)
    • webcam motion detection: works perfectly with this lib
    Unfortunatelly I have to stop working on it for now, as we move to our new house next month and I simply have a lack of time to continue. 
  • CodeKing said:
    I made an similar dashboard for my home (hardcoded config, for full hd resolution only, still work in progress), based on the interface design of http://carmelarad.com/homey.html. Your app's code helped me alot, thanks for that!

However, here a few suggestions:
    • plugin: calendar (I used google calendar's api) to show the next X events
    • plugin: weather data with forecast (netatmo / openweathermap)
    • plugin: shopping list (I used google tasks api), nice if the dashboard is attached to the kitchen
    • alarm detection: when alarm was detected, no input is possible (to prevent disabling the alarm simply)
    • webcam motion detection: works perfectly with this lib
    Unfortunatelly I have to stop working on it for now, as we move to our new house next month and I simply have a lack of time to continue. 
    Wow that's beatiful an you are using more useful widget. Perfect, I am looking for the same option. Maybe you should work together and made it customizable for plugins like your weather and calendar. 
  • Indeed looking great!
    It's easier to create something for own use and hardcode everything ;)
    Getting such a view dynamic is a pain in the ass to create, but i am getting there :smile:

You wrote it in Angular as well?
  • swttt said:
    Indeed looking great!
    It's easier to create something for own use and hardcode everything ;)
    Getting such a view dynamic is a pain in the ass to create, but i am getting there :smile:

You wrote it in Angular as well?
    You're absolutely right, making everything configurable and orderable is really hard to fit all requirements of all users.

I wrote the dashboard in Angular, too. First with accessing the rest api periodically, then I saw your implementation of the websocket and switched to that, also. Just bought the homey in january, so I still need to get into it.