This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• You care to share some code? ;) 
  • of course not, I'll upload everything tomorrow to a public git repo so you can pick what you need :)
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited February 2017
    CodeKing said:
    of course not, I'll upload everything tomorrow to a public git repo so you can pick what you need :)
    @swttt : so we all can expect such a dashboard soon?  ;)
  • Well, the stylesheet is totally different. So no, not really like that. On the other hand when the base is really solid it would be easy to add such widgets. And even let them have different heights and floating within the grid.

Did thought about adding different styles to it tho, havent looked into it :smile:
  • @CodeKing
    Danke für die Github Einladung! :smile:

You have an account on Slack maybe?
  • It's been a while since i showed you guys a preview, so here is a new one.

• Getting better and better! Great stuff @swttt
  • swttt said:
    It's been a while since i showed you guys a preview, so here is a new one.

Maybe we can change the size of the widgets and group them on one site?
  • Jschuetz said:
    swttt said:
    It's been a while since i showed you guys a preview, so here is a new one.

Maybe we can change the size of the widgets and group them on one site?
    Oo... that's gonna be crowdy. Maybe it's possible to have some kind of frontpage where you can put your most used widgets.
  • Widget can have different sizes (and ways to add them). The current widgets are X=2 and Y=1 as a size. If i understand @Jschuetz correctly, you mean grouping lights in 1 widget? One of the things that well be added last i guess :smile: 
  • swttt said:
    Widget can have different sizes (and ways to add them). The current widgets are X=2 and Y=1 as a size. If i understand @Jschuetz correctly, you mean grouping lights in 1 widget? One of the things that well be added last i guess :smile: 
    Yes exactly i wann group by rooms and device types (Heating), perfect and thank you for your work
  • Just updated the Alpha branch on github, so for the people who dare ;)
    Current release has everything working again, and improved....a video to show you! :)

• installed , let try !  
  • @djesko let me know how it goes!
  • djesko said:
    installed , let try !  
    How to install using github? Tnx!
  • @jstelten there is a tutorial somewhere on the forum. Using my iPhone now, so cant search easily. Be sure that you pick the alpha branch tho!
  • It's looking really good !

Is it possible to show the current power consumption, next to (or instead of) the total power consumption for a switch?

• Did install over old version and all good.. Will add some rooms and devices 
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited February 2017
    cool now with the trigger button! great @swtt works great.

just a little note: on mobil the sorting is not right in portrait modus i realized.

for example in browser i made a new widget (trigger button)  and pushed on the third place of 8 widgets (from above left looking)

the result is right on landscape iphone looking but on portrait modus this widget goes to the very end of all.

another effect i realized: the scrolling on iphone struggles when it loads. then it works after some seconds and then it breaks again (like a pc with hight cpu-usage for a time) when i scroll with my fingers right at the edge of the screen it works, but on the screen with my fingers on a widget it stops sometimes scrolling.

is it just me?

thanks for your great development!

philipp
  • @phil_s
    i fixed iPhone scrolling already but isnt in the current build, will be in the AppStore release tho.
    its hard to adjust the order in the mobile view, i think its something we need to live with or ill need to create another settings page just for that.
  • It is not so important. Just want to let you know if you don't know it already ;-)
  • swttt said:
    Just updated the Alpha branch on github, so for the people who dare ;)
    Current release has everything working again, and improved....a video to show you! :)

Next time you could mention that all the pages would be gone  :p
  • My pages were all there after upgrade @Fire69
  • Yeah, @swttt already told me they should have been there. Something went wrong apparently.
  • Since a couple of days the dash keepster reloading on my iPad withouten actually showing the dash itself. This doesn't happen on my WIN10 though
  • Tallguy said:
    Since a couple of days the dash keepster reloading on my iPad withouten actually showing the dash itself. This doesn't happen on my WIN10 though
    I have the same with Safari browser. Chrome is working very well.
  • Whats version? Current alpha or 0.0.5?
  • V0.0.5
  • Could have been an error i made on 0.0.5, but still not sure. had the same issue before, but didn't happen again recently.

Could you try to login on https://yourcloudid.homey.athom.com and after you did go directly to https://yourcloudid.homey.athom.com/app/com.swttt.homeydash/
    Login homeydash again, and save it to the homescreen.