This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Installed! one question I see after saving the option the debug tag tick is gone when leaving and going back to the option page.
  • Installed to! Same problem with the debug tick. 
    Time is set on 5 seconds
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    brinkie said:

Would you mind checking this please? It would be good to know, if we can narrow this issue down to long action lists.
    Ok... Just spend some time on checking out every command that the Android Harmony App shows for my Samsung 40D8000 TV.

I marked the commands that are missing in the Harmony Hub App.
    As you can see, Page 1 to 4 are available, but Page 5 and Page 6 are almost completely missing, except for "Aspect".
    That's 29 missing commands that should be available at "Miscellaneous", I think...

The largest working Miscellaneous-list is for "Sony HAR-LH500 CD Player / HD Recorder"... 21 commands.

Android Harmony - TV commands:

Page 1: 
    1, 2, 3,
    4, 5, 6,
    7, 8, 9,

Page 2:
    left, right, up, down, OK, return

Page 3:
    Vol+, Play, Pause, Ch+,
    Vol-, <<, >>, Ch-,
    Mute, |<<, >>|, Prev Ch,
    Off, On, PowerToggle, Stop

Page 4:
    Rec, Menu, Subtitle, TT,
    TTSize, [C], [B], [D],
    [A], Search, Green, Red,
    Blue, Yellow, Guide, Info

Page 5:
    Aspect, 3D, AD, ChList,
    EManual, ExitApp, InAV, InComponent,
    InExt1, InExt2, InHDMI1, InHDMI2,
    InHDMI3, InHDMI4, InPC, InTV

Page 6:
    InUSB, SmartHub, SocialTV, Source,
    TTCancel, TTHold, TTIndex, TTMode,
    TTNextPage, TPrevPAge, TTReveal, TTStore,
    TTSubPage, Tools
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    Also checked the AV-receiver: 47 missing commands that I might expect at "Miscellaneous".
    Same for Sony Soundbase: 48 missing commands.
    Sony Hi8 VCR: 27 missing commands.

My guess: Any list with 24 items or more will crash?
  • Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Not sure if this contributes but I experience the Harmony Hub app not executing the action quite a lot on v1.0.4. So it does not crash but also does not do what it is supposed to do. I had a look at the action card and this error was shows when clicking on the activity drop down (removed my id).

Client for Hub with Id '<<id>>' not available (yet). Please try again in 10 seconds or so...

This is the hub closing the connection to Homey (to the Harmony Hub app that is). This used to result in a lost connection that would never be restored. Since version 1.0.4 the app automatically reconnects in 10 seconds. In the meanwhile there's obviously no connection, so during that period the app can't do anything.

While debugging the connection handling by the hub, I noticed it closes the connection after about 70 seconds of inactivity. This means there is no way of keeping a connection open, at least not without doing some polling or something.

To be able to retrieve some more useful debug data from the community, I'm going to add a settings page for the app. This will allow you to configure the reconnect delay and to enable the app to output logging by voice (by the lack of another good method to output error to the end user). Hopefully this will give us insight in a good value for the reconnect delay (currently set to 10 seconds) and into the errors that currently are mostly invisible to the end user.

I just published v1.0.5 to GitHub, which adds a settings page to the App. This will allow you to change the reconnect interval to for instance 0 seconds (immediate). It also allows you to enable debugging by voice, which currently will use Homey's voice to announce (dis)connect events.

Give it a try and please let me know if this is helpful!

Cool, I have installed it and set it to 5 seconds. Let's see what happens.
    5 seconds would still mean 5 seconds of no connection. I set mine to 0 seconds, so any lost connection gets restored immediately. But let's see what your experience is.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    0burner0 said:
    Installed to! Same problem with the debug tick. 
    Sorry about that. If you get the latest code from GitHub it now works.
  • My guess: Any list with 24 items or more will crash?
    That is some solid testing you did! Thanks for that. Your info and guess support the assumption large lists cause problems. I'll investigate the options on how to deal with this. If I only had one troublesome device...
  • brinkie said:

If I only had one troublesome device...
    Why not just install one on your Harmony? That would help for testing. It doesn't matter if the actual device is available.  :)
  • brinkie said:

If I only had one troublesome device...
    Why not just install one on your Harmony? That would help for testing. It doesn't matter if the actual device is available.  :)
    Duh! ;-)
  • Hahaha +1 @OpenMind_NL
  • Oh... By the way... Last night I installed the 1.0.5 version... and when I woke up, at the end of the morning, I found the Harmony Hub App crashed. Didn't save the message but I remember it said something about XML...
    Reconnect is set to 5 seconds.

• I cannot choose type when I want to use my receiver device which is a Denon AVR-X4200W. It works for all other devices in the Chrome browser.
    I choose Denon device, then type and I get the message: homey offline. But homey is not offline. If I remove the Denon, I just can select another device and type without any problem. I'm using v1.0.4.

• Oh... By the way... Last night I installed the 1.0.5 version... and when I woke up, at the end of the morning, I found the Harmony Hub App crashed. Didn't save the message but I remember it said something about XML...
    Reconnect is set to 5 seconds.

Sorry... Not XML but XMPP.... It just happened again:

Stack trace:

Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • I'm just a starting Homey developer without any experience in communication with external devices, but there is something that caught my attention.

In my curiosity I tried to see if I could see something strange in the code, and searched for the file events.js ... but it doesn't exist. I only found event.js in the folder: node_modules\faye-websocket\lib\faye\websocket\api

Maybe it's just a stupid remark from my lack of knowledge, but you never know...  o:)
  • I installed te app again but when i use them in a flow it seems not to be working.
    I have a flow called 'naar bed', it switches off all my lights and turns down the heating, it also has the command 'alle apparaten uitzetten' of the harmony app.  All devices go out but the harmony hub simply does not respond or execute the command.

When i make a seperate flow as test with only tunr all devices of it works... 

What do i wrong?

• add some delay just 1 or 2 sec
  • ok, thx, gonna try it :)
  • Hans said:
    I cannot choose type when I want to use my receiver device which is a Denon AVR-X4200W. It works for all other devices in the Chrome browser.
    I choose Denon device, then type and I get the message: homey offline. But homey is not offline. If I remove the Denon, I just can select another device and type without any problem. I'm using v1.0.4.

Anyone an idea what the problem could be. Also added screenshot.

• @Hans read this forum thread and you know the problem
  • @Menno: I've read this whole thread, but didn't find my problem. When I choose device Denon avr-x4200w and then click in type I get the message: homey offline.
    The other devices are working perfectly.
  • Hans said:
    @Menno: I've read this whole thread, but didn't find my problem. When I choose device Denon avr-x4200w and then click in type I get the message: homey offline.
    Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine that that error message has anything to do with this app. Is it reproducible?
  • I have set the reconnect setting on 1 second but still experience my activity actions not firing. Can't really imagine that I'm so unlucky that I always try to do something within this second of not being connected. Gonna change the setting to 0 seconds to see if that helps.
  • Menno said:
    add some delay just 1 or 2 sec
    not working, ik cannot get any activity started from within a flow with more command. When i only use a flow as test 'tunr al devices' off it works, but as soon as i intigrade it into a flow to tunr off all lights and the hub it does nothing, i have a 3 seconds delay on it now, still not working
  • Menno said:
    add some delay just 1 or 2 sec
    not working, ik cannot get any activity started from within a flow with more command. When i only use a flow as test 'tunr al devices' off it works, but as soon as i intigrade it into a flow to tunr off all lights and the hub it does nothing, i have a 3 seconds delay on it now, still not working
  • brinkie said:
    Hans said:
    @Menno: I've read this whole thread, but didn't find my problem. When I choose device Denon avr-x4200w and then click in type I get the message: homey offline.
    Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine that that error message has anything to do with this app. Is it reproducible?
    Yes, I can reproduce it all the time. It never worked for this device. Can I do something to debug it?
  • oliveolive Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi @brinkie

The latest update 1.04. have problems, i have a flow when homey said something mute tv, the problem is sometimes it work sometimes not. Version 1.0.0 did not have the problem. I tested diverse delays, but not helps.
  • The APP stops responding. In settings/apps there is a ! mark after the app name 
    Logitech Harmoney Hub !

Did try it in the apps and on chrome webbrouwser.

When I click on that I get the following info.
    (( I did an installation with different versions in the last 5 weeks)) 

Please help!!!

Gerard

Stack trace:

Error: Not running
    at Socket._healthCheck (dgram.js:460:11)
    at Socket.close (dgram.js:354:8)
    at Ping.stop (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:42:14)
    at Explorer.stop (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:82:12)
    at StopHubDiscovery (/drivers/hub/driver.js:571:18)
    at /drivers/hub/driver.js:127:21
    at Explorer.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:557:27)
    at Explorer.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Explorer.handleResponse (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:32:8)

Exit signal: null

• olive said:
    Hi @brinkie

The latest update 1.04. have problems, i have a flow when homey said something mute tv, the problem is sometimes it work sometimes not. Version 1.0.0 did not have the problem. I tested diverse delays, but not helps.
    Same here, although I really appreciate the effort put into this to enable better connection management in it's current state it's not working as intended. I have reverted back to version 0.3.4 as this version was always working good for me.
  • Great App,

But i have 2 hubs. It will only show 1 one. After adding the second one by turning off the first the app crashes: 

Stack trace:

Error: Not running
    at Socket._healthCheck (dgram.js:460:11)
    at Socket.close (dgram.js:354:8)
    at Ping.stop (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/ping.js:42:14)
    at Explorer.stop (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:82:12)
    at StopHubDiscovery (/drivers/hub/driver.js:578:18)
    at /drivers/hub/driver.js:136:21
    at Explorer.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:564:27)
    at Explorer.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Explorer.handleResponse (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-discover/lib/explorer.js:32:8)

Exit signal: nul

Also i would like to notice. Both devices have hostname: harmonyhub
    even after renaming them. 
  • 1.0.5 installed and for 5 hours no xmppp crashes,that is hopefull