This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Menno said:
    Looks great! thanks again @brinkie

What I did:

Install from github (havn't removed old guthub version) = OK
    Change TV channel =OK
    Change activity = OK
    Looked at new IF When options looking good (not tested yet) = OK
    Tested Onkyo Send a Command with Miscellanious option = Crash (This is only for the Onkyo app other Miscellanious are working)
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in first field = Both OK
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in second field = Only typing is working
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in third field = Both OK

In Microsoft terms speaking this Technical Preview build is ready to move to Current Branch (I'm also busy now doing an upgrade for SCCM and SCOM )  ;-)

Question what can we do with the Hub tag (asume this one is for multi hub's)
    You assumed correctly :). The hub tag can be used to distinguish between different hubs, if you have more than one. It will return the name of the actual hub as configured using the Harmony software or app.
  • @brinkie thanks about the crash with onkyo is it possible that it has to many Miscellanious options?

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    Menno said:
    @brinkie thanks about the crash with onkyo is it possible that it has to many Miscellanious options?

That's my assumption yes, but I have no idea what the limits would be.
  • A minute ago v1.0.4 has been submitted to the app store. People with a Harmony Hub app that crashes often, please be patient until Athom approves this update. It will solve many of those issues :).

Thanks go to @Menno and others for testing this release.

• brinkie said:

A minute ago v1.0.4 has been submitted to the app store. People with a Harmony Hub app that crashes often, please be patient until Athom approves this update. It will solve many of those issues :).

Thanks go to @Menno and others for testing this release.

Nice! Will upgrade as soon as it is available. 
  • Phuturist said:
    Been running pretty good but I just got this crash. Might have happened while executing a Harmony Hub action from a flow but cant tell for sure. Other than this is running pretty smooth again.

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'send' of undefined
    at SendAction (/drivers/hub/driver.js:614:11)
    at /drivers/hub/driver.js:342:34
    at GetClient (/drivers/hub/driver.js:700:5)
    at Object.module.exports.sendCommandToDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:336:5)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:87:63)
    at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:175:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:12:37
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
    at Array.forEach (native)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
    Just happened again, now I saw it happen with the apps page open. It was gonna send a command but crashed with this error.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    @Phuturist I assume you're still running on GitHub code? Is this v1.0.3 or v1.0.4, which I pushed very recently?
  • brinkie said:
    @Phuturist I assume you're still running on GitHub code? Is this v1.0.3 or v1.0.4, which I pushed very recently?
    Looks like I'm still on Github version 1.0.3. Guess I missed one along the way ... :blush:
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Looks like I'm still on Github version 1.0.3. Guess I missed one along the way ... :blush:
    That makes sense. In the last version I wouldn't expect this error to cause an actual crash. Instead you should see the error in the UI, or at least a different error.
  • New release

Version v1.0.4 has just been published to the app store.

• Limited refresh of hub's activities to once directly after connecting.
    • Improved connection error handling through Homey's interface instead of app crashes.
    • Major improvements on activity change detection (no more polling needed!).
    • Added additional flow cards to the "When..." column for more refined flow control:
      1. Activity start requested;
      2. Activity starting;
      3. Activity started;
      4. Activity stop requested;
      5. Activity stopping;
      6. All devices turned of.
    • Removed "Activity changed" flow card, because it has become useless.
    • Changed the name of the app to "Harmony Hub App", so the distinction between the app (under Apps section) and actual devices (under Devices section) is clearer.
    • Fixed an issue that would break the "send a command" flow card's "control type" dropdown.
    • Fixed an issue that would break the "send a command" flow card execution.
    • The "send a command" flow card's "control type" and "activity" dropdowns now filter by input.
    • Limited refresh of hub's activities to once directly after connecting.
    • Improved connection error handling through Homey's interface instead of app crashes.
  • If the When cards don't work, what can I do? Dragging the Harmony device into it doesn't make it stick :)
  • @MartijnDeRhoter
    use the "Harmony Hub app" in your list, not the device
  • caseda said:
    @MartijnDeRhoter
    dOh! Thanks :)
  • caseda said:
    @MartijnDeRhoter
    dOh! Thanks :)
    They used to have the same name, which was confusing. Thought I'd solved it by changing the name of the app ;-).
  • And what can I do to populate the Type and Command boxes? Device populates just fine, but the other two do not.

• And what can I do to populate the Type and Command boxes? Device populates just fine, but the other two do not.

This seems to be a bug in the official Homey client. Try it through Chrome and see if that works.
  • Jesus - you know how long I've been trying to fix that?

Thank you sir, and boo to the official client.
  • Jesus - you know how long I've been trying to fix that?

I just found out recently myself. @Emile is aware of this. It's on his todo list.
  • @brinkie I have some questions
    Are you also going to make AND cards? now I'm missing this option for my flows.
    for example:
    Door rings - Activity KODI running - pauze KODI 
    I think all cards you use at WHEN could be useful as AND (I don't know if this is possible or a lot of work)

About the Command field in Send a command (in chrome) could a / (forward slash) cause any application problem?

I like the new WHEN's Thanks!

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    Menno said:
    @brinkie I have some questions
    Are you also going to make AND cards? now I'm missing this option for my flows.
    for example:
    Door rings - Activity KODI running - pauze KODI 
    I think all cards you use at WHEN could be useful as AND (I don't know if this is possible or a lot of work)

About the Command field in Send a command (in chrome) could a / (forward slash) cause any application problem?

I like the new WHEN's Thanks!

Good to here the new When's are appreciated and I'm definately going to add AND cards!

About the issue with the slash, are you referring to the issue with the dropdowns not working in the official client or to another issue?
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @brinkie great to hear! 

I know of the homey app problem so I always use chrome

My problem is (still) with my onkyo receiver not really a harmony problem but because the Onkyo app is losing it's connection after a while and I prefer to use your harmony app. Because now a lot of flows stop working because all my audio/video goes over my onkyo receiver (all equipment is in a closed closed). I tried looking in the code but it's to much for me to handle.
    When I check the harmony iphone app I have 6 pages with all 12 options on it, so total 72 options (this is even without number and arrows). The total option I see in your app is only 40.

So I'm looking for something why only Onkyo fails out of seven devices.
    The crash only happens with "Miscellaneous" all other option are not giving any problem (so 1 out of 10)

Stack trace:

TypeError: args.args.controlGroup.function.forEach is not a function
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:67:53)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:23:37
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

Luckely it's only at the Send Command card all others are working like they should.
    I will ask the developer of the Onkyo app if he can again have a look
  • Again not working after an update (1.0.4).....pfff start annoying me  :(
  • dians said:
    Again not working after an update (1.0.4).....pfff start annoying me  :(
    Have you tried removing and re-adding your Hub, as required with v1.0.0+ of the app?
  • Menno said:
    @brinkie great to hear! 

I know of the homey app problem so I always use chrome

My problem is (still) with my onkyo receiver not really a harmony problem but because the Onkyo app is losing it's connection after a while and I prefer to use your harmony app. Because now a lot of flows stop working because all my audio/video goes over my onkyo receiver (all equipment is in a closed closed). I tried looking in the code but it's to much for me to handle.
    When I check the harmony iphone app I have 6 pages with all 12 options on it, so total 72 options (this is even without number and arrows). The total option I see in your app is only 40.

So I'm looking for something why only Onkyo fails out of seven devices.
    The crash only happens with "Miscellaneous" all other option are not giving any problem (so 1 out of 10)

Stack trace:

TypeError: args.args.controlGroup.function.forEach is not a function
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:67:53)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:23:37
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

Luckely it's only at the Send Command card all others are working like they should.
    I will ask the developer of the Onkyo app if he can again have a look
    I know we discussed this and I have looked at the code. But as this only occurs with the Onkyo receiver and I don't own one, this one is a hard nut to crack, sorry...

Maybe another DEV that owns the same receiver can try and debug it.
  • brinkie said:
    Jesus - you know how long I've been trying to fix that?

I just found out recently myself. @Emile is aware of this. It's on his todo list.
    Unfortunately it's not just with the official client.
    I've had the problem since you made your app.  Last week all of a sudden it worked for me (in Chrome) and I was lucky enough to be able to create the 2 flows I really needed since the beginning.
    After that it stopped working and I never got it running again.  :/

• viktorviktor Member
    edited January 2017
    @Fire69, here still having that problem: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 414 (Request-URI Too Large)
    Now i must make a activity for a simple button click.
  • Can I have the previous version back?
    My Harmony Hub has been out of connection with Homey several times since the latest update. The previous version had been working flawlessly for weeks.
  • https://github.com/netactivenl/com.logitech.harmony.hub/commits/master
    You can go back to any moment in time by clicking the <> and then downloading the zip....
  • brinkie said:
    dians said:
    Again not working after an update (1.0.4).....pfff start annoying me  :(
    Have you tried removing and re-adding your Hub, as required with v1.0.0+ of the app?
    That resolved the issue last time, this time I just removed the hub from my flows, saved, add them and saved them again. This action did the trick. For the moment, I disabled the automatic update from the setting>app page.

thks
  • Can I have the previous version back?
    My Harmony Hub has been out of connection with Homey several times since the latest update. The previous version had been working flawlessly for weeks.
    Same here, version .1.0.0. Has no problem for me