This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
  • allemaal .mkv met een losse .srt in een mapje
  • @bob76  Hi Bob  you did everything you could do . now you have to wait  for @MikeOne to repair his plex app
  • phb said:
    @bob76  Hi Bob  you did everything you could do . now you have to wait  for @MikeOne to repair his plex app

what about the comments enjoy watching after the tutorial is there anyone that is using this without no probs at this moment homey software 1.0.5 please tell guys 
  • bob76 said:
    phb said:
    @bob76  Hi Bob  you did everything you could do . now you have to wait  for @MikeOne to repair his plex app

what about the comments enjoy watching after the tutorial is there anyone that is using this without no probs at this moment homey software 1.0.5 please tell guys 
    I have exactly the same results as you, it does not work currently, a pitty would be a nice extension to media playing
  • chrisboer said:
    bob76 said:
    phb said:

I have exactly the same results as you, it does not work currently, a pitty would be a nice extension to media playing

to bad nobody is replying if they got it working right now under 1.0.5
  • @bob76     because it doesn't work under 1.05 until the owner repairs it 
  • Hi guys, my apologies for the silence. Due to personal circumstances, I have not been able to spend any time on the app lately. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel though and I expect to be able to do some coding on this from the second week of January.

On another point, I would love it if another interested coder with some solid javascript skills could collaborate on this project. That would certainly help in addressing issues quicker and adding more functionality to this app.
  • MikeOne said:
    Hi guys, my apologies for the silence. Due to personal circumstances, I have not been able to spend any time on the app lately. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel though and I expect to be able to do some coding on this from the second week of January.

On another point, I would love it if another interested coder with some solid javascript skills could collaborate on this project. That would certainly help in addressing issues quicker and adding more functionality to this app.

ok nice to see some movement hope everything goes wel for you
  • Did you already look at the chromecast bug? As soon as you want to start a movie on chromecast the app crashes. Seems to be a problem in the chromecast name being the same as the zone name
  • rowgee said:
    Hi All,

I have just bought an Homey and I am a newbie here.

I do not have a technical background, so please be aware of this, and do not answer my question with too much technical stuff.
    I have downloaded the Plex app and followed the installation steps as described below this post message.
    I have Plex server running on my Android Shield TV, in my Homey settings I see that the Plex app is connected to my Android Shield tv.

My Questions:
    1) Can you please explain/ describe to me in detail the next step what I must do in order to use the Plex app with Homey. I have tried the speech commands , but nothing happends.
    2) Is it possible that one of you record a youtube "instruction video for dummies" to explain everything how to get Plex app working with  Homey.
    3) are flows needed to get things working, I really do not know how to use the Plexx app in the flows. Please explain

I am completely lost. Help is very much appreciated in this.

Thank you in advance.

Step-By-Step Installation:

• 1) Install the App on your Homey.
    • 2) Configure your Plex Media Server to allow remote access
    • 3) Goto Plex.tv -> Settings -> Server (advanced view) -> Network and make sure the 'Secure Connections' dropdown is set to 'Preferred' and NOT required.
    • 4) Open een browser window en log into plex.tv
    • 5) Go to the Homey page - Settings - Plex (left column)
    • 6) Click the 'Start Pin Process' button, remember the PIN and go to plex.tv/pin to enter it.
    • 7) Go back to the Homey settings page. You should see your available PMS servers, click 'use this connection' button next to the connection you want to use. If it cannot connect with your choosen connection, it will turn red.
    • 8) The Homey Plex app will now analyze your media and cache all relevant media keys for speech recognition (this might take a minute)
    • 9) Now go to the 'Devices' page on the Homey and add a device in a Zone. Select Plex, your needed Driver and pick your device.
    • 10) Homey Plex should now be ready to receive voice commands!
    • 11) Enjoy watching.

Hi @MikeOne
    Can you please give me some feedback on my questions? 

Thanks!
  • App not crashing? Did you add a receiver under devices? I use it with crhomecast and the app crashes, dont know if Android Shield TV also behaves like a chromecast?
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne  Any progress Mike?
  • Yes! I located the issue (I think) and re-submitted the app for approval. Unfortunately, Athom changed the interface of the SpeechObject and failed to notify me about this fact... And that broke the app..
  • Once you have version 1.2.1 installed, please report any issues here. I'll do my best to address them over the coming weeks. I still do not have a lot of available time, but I'll do my best.

Also - if there are any Javascript developers out here - please feel welcome to join the open source efforts and also help to code a bit.
  • phbphb Member
    @MikeOne  installed the app, almost all parts work.The app doesn't find any movies....PMS is available,connection is green
  • phb said:
    @MikeOne  installed the app, almost all parts work.The app doesn't find any movies....PMS is available,connection is green
    You installed from Git? 
  • phbphb Member
    Yes i did
  • phbphb Member
    Speech cmmand works, see change on chromcast and  pc. Homey says that there are no movies
  • phbphb Member
    "Fired PMS update request"}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Setting plex server:", 1: Object}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Updating media cache........."}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Media server found: undefined"}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Machine identifier found: undefined"}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "setSelectedDevice", 1: Object}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Updating media cache........."}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Machine identifier found: undefined"}
    VM143:317 Existing log entry: Object {0: "Machine identifier found: undefin
  • Hmm.. undefined.. never seen that..
    did you try a reset on the settings page en redo the PIN procedure?
  • phbphb Member
    Will try  that 
  • phbphb Member
    Did a reset and a redo still get this.

Plex.jpg 118.1K
  • How many media items (movies + series) do you have (about?)
  • phbphb Member
    I have 71 movies and 1 serie   
  • phb said:
    I have 71 movies and 1 serie   
    That can't be the issue then :-)
    if I have some more time I'll suggest some tests.
  • phbphb Member
    ok thx :)
  • @MikeOne the app crashed

Stack trace:

No stack trace available

Exit code: null
    Exit signal: SIGABRT 
  • Still no media added in plex app and I added the chromecast 2 device and played a movie via chrome in the background

But I don't get a crash anymore ... so already a step further