This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• Okay, did a quick test with PHT and PMP - all works, voice wise. Haven't tested flows yet. But I can start, stop and pauze movies without any issues using voice (language on dutch btw).
  • Seems some issues with saving of settings are breaking it for me.
  • What is breaking exactly?
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited September 2016
    MikeOne said:
    What is breaking exactly?
    When I pair with Plex, toggle the notifier and leave the screen and return, everything is gone. 
    Edit: never mind, settings are back ;)

Lemme try again from scratch and see what happens.
  • Alright. Starting a movie with voice does not work. In the settings windows it says the requested movie is playing, but it's not playing on my PMP device even though it's correctly setup.
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited September 2016
    Hmm.. that is weird. That works fine here. Does it show the installed PMP player on the settings page? Also, try removing the device, then (while making sure PMP is open!) add it again. Does that help?
  • Also, what version of PMP (and Plex) are you on? In PMP you can go to settings -> About 
  • Alright. Deleted the device, now when I request a movie it says there are no players (so good!). Next added the device, it can only find one and it pairs. Now when I request a movie the same happens. Settings page displays the movie and playing but it does not start.
  • Same applies for the flow option. It finds media items but they won't start on the PMP.
  • All is working here  :)
  • Its working fine here too. Try "watch a random movie"
  • Same effect. It takes a random movie and settings page updates with "playing" and the movie title but my actual player does not play.

Tomorrow I'll do a CLI install and see if I get debug messages.
  • PMP version @DieterKoblenz
  • Can I plead for that notification app, Mr. @MikeOne :-)
  • Well... if you start calling me Mr.. how can I refuse?

i think I might be able to free up some time in the coming weeks. I'll do my best.
  • MikeOne said:
    PMP version @DieterKoblenz
    Plex Media Player
    OpenELEC (Raspberry Pi
  • Wow, I''m quite behind on PMP version. I hope they didn't break remote control stuff.. I'll see if I can update.
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited September 2016
    Seems like the server has an issue. I've send you a extended log on Slack (Kudos for the clear way your app logs)

And server 

Version 1.1.4.2757

• MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited September 2016
    My guess is that PMS (server) is version 2.7.5 and PMP version 1.1.4
  • Hehe, weird: the version specified in the server tab (of the plex server) is 1.1.4 and the version of the player according to the devices tab is 2.7.5. 

However, 1.1.4 is indeed the latest version of the Plex Media Player.
  • MikeOne said:
    Well... if you start calling me Mr.. how can I refuse?

i think I might be able to free up some time in the coming weeks. I'll do my best.
    You've no idea how idea how happy this would make me :)
  • MikeOne said:
    Well... if you start calling me Mr.. how can I refuse?

What kind of notification app do you mean? Like if there is new media added there Will be a notification?

(IF: media is added[tag:mediaAdded]; THEN: Homey Say: "[tag:mediaAdded] is added to the Plex")

or something else?
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited September 2016
    I want a simple app to detect the various players around the house, i.e. play, pause, stop. That said, this would also be a good feature! A basic notification app is what I'm looking for, no catalogue capabilities required...
  • MarkSwift said:
    I want a simple app to detect the various players around the house, i.e. play, pause, stop. That said, this would also be a good feature! A basic notification app is what I'm looking for, no catalogue capabilities required...
    Hey @MikeOne I have some problems with the Plex Notifier. It stopped seeing if my rasplex was playing, pausing and stopping. :disappointed: 
  • @MikeOne Are you still with us? :-p
  • I'm way too busy unfortunately. I'll get to it eventually, but I can't give you any timescales at the moment.
  • Qx5Qx5 Member
    Just wanted to drop in and say that the play/pause/stop detection is awesome!
    When we start a movie now all the lights turn off or dim to a low level. When pausing for a break the lights go on again immediately. Really impressed by how fast the detection is!

It's only a little weird when watching a movie on the ipad in bed, with all the lights going on and off in the living room :wink: 
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited October 2016
    Qx5 said:
    Just wanted to drop in and say that the play/pause/stop detection is awesome!
    When we start a movie now all the lights turn off or dim to a low level. When pausing for a break the lights go on again immediately. Really impressed by how fast the detection is!

It's only a little weird when watching a movie on the ipad in bed, with all the lights going on and off in the living room wink 
    That's what I want, but my library is too big :(

Yes, it would be good to have dedicated player detection....
  • I can definitely see the positives for a dedicated notifier app. It will come eventually!
  • Trustme2 said:
    MarkSwift said:
    Hey @MikeOne I have some problems with the Plex Notifier. It stopped seeing if my rasplex was playing, pausing and stopping. :disappointed: 
    Did you get this resolved?