This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Looks good great keep up the good work!
  • So making baby steps with the dashboard, but might need some input. :smile: 

I was thinking of putting the settings in the app settings. This means it's harder for the dashboard to run stand-alone (still do-able tho, but you have to create the views and devices using json). And just use the settings icon in the right top corner just for setting the default route/page for now. (would like to hear some pro's and con's :smile:  )

Next problem: After some testing ( @Trustme2 Thnx! ) it seems the standard Angular Material slider has some issues on IE and Edge. So i will have to find a nice alternative for that as well.

So for now the main idea is like this: 

- You can add routes/pages in the app settings (within the Homey UI)
    - You can enable/disable certain plugins in the app settings (like a sabnzbd page or whatever)
    - You have to add devices to a certain page from the app settings. (At first it will be devices only, later i might add different type of "widgets")
    - On the dashboard itself you can chose a default page/route (so on reboot/restart it always starts with the default route/page)
    - You can hide/show the sidebar without it overlapping the "device cards"
    - I might add a drag and drop grid (not sure yet), the main problem here is to get the correct order of device cards. I can save the local (on the dashboard device/tablet) or get them from the app settings (in the same order as how you put the devices in a room/page)

Soooo...any other ideas, improvements or things to consider. Please let me know :smiley: 

• MennoMenno Member
    edited November 2016
    Maybe page with all objects
    Sleep button (turns off all lights or even more devices)

• @Menno A page with all objects is possible, but you will need to create the page yourself :smile: 
    A sleepbutton is something that might be added as a widget later on, but could be handled now by using a betterlogic bitflip device.

• @swttt are you already close to new github version? (definitely not trying to push you really appreciate your work) would love to test it on my old surface rt. For now I'm using remote app of chrome wich is also working okay for me.

Maybe also handy a clock/alarm/schedule as widget
  • @Menno Nah, expect at least another week for a working github version to test out :blush:

Widgets is really going to be one of the last stages ;)
  • So it seems everyone agrees with my vision on the dashboard :smile: 
    Cool :sunglasses: 

• Okay what about showing text the same language as homey does. For me I rather have dutch then english
  • @menno WOOOT haven't thought about that yet...should be possible somehow :) going to add it to the list...
  • help ik heb het op mijn synology geinstallerd ik denk goed 
    maar als ik de web pagina op roep dan komt er het logo links daar onder licht en daar onder setting
    boven aan in een wit vlak setting deze kan ik weg klikken  en ik kan rechts sensoren open schuiven maar er staat helemaal niets alles is leeg 

wie wil me helpen 
  • @benotje You changed the config.json in the root directory? And did you select a default zone in the settings?
  • ja ik heb de id en api in de het mapje web aan gepast
    nee ik heb geen default zone kunnen selecteren om dat deze leeg is  
  • @benotje Could be that your mistyped your cloud id and/or bearer token? Seems like it can't connect to your homey.
  • ik heb ze even op nieuw er in gezet en hij werkt nog niet 
    ook werkt http://yourhomeyip:1337 niet 
    wel http://yourhomeyip:80  maar ik weet niet of iets me te maken heeft
    wat kan het nog meer zijn 
  • @benotje Gebruik je de app of de losse versie? Als je de app gebruikt hoef je de config.json niet aan te passen, enkel de settings die je op je homey bij instellingen vind voor de app. Daarna de service starten en moet 1337 wel werken. 

De losse versie moet je op een webserver draaien, dan moet je de config.json wel aanpassen. Nadat je die hebt aangepast, moet je naar de ip van je synology en de poort die je hebt gekozen voor je webserver. Mogelijk na het aanpassen van de config.json even de webserver herstarten.
  • ik weet niet wat je met app of losse versie bedoeld ik denk de app die via win 10 homey benadert 
    ja den gebruik ik de app van homey maar ook wel eens de web chrome die werkt ook 
    ik heb me synology op nieuw op gestart maar werkt nog niet jammer 

• Volgens mij gaat er iets verkeerd :sweat: 

Je kan homeydash op 2 verschillende manieren gebruiken.

Door de app van github te downloaden en rechtstreeks op je homey te draaien. (Via de CLI) Bij de instellingen vind je de bearer token die je dan moet invullen en de start of stop server knop. Deze versie draait op poort 1337, dus wanneer je je bearer token hebt ingevuld start je de server en ga je naar http://homeyip:1337

Of door de dashboard als standalone van github te downloaden. Hiervoor heb je een webserver nodig. Je download de bestanden, zet deze in een folder op je webserver. Daarna pas je de config.json aan waar je je bearer token en cloud id invult. Hierna start je de webserver opnieuw, en gaat naar het ip + poort van je webserver gevolgt door de foldernaam waarin je homeydash hebt geplaatst (bijv. http://mijnwebserver:8080/homeydash ).

• oke ik heb de standalone en als hem start zie ik dit 
    dash.jpg 139.2K
  • @benotje Dan gok ik toch dat je je bearer token of cloud id niet goed hebt staan. Wil je eens rechtermuisknop -> inspecteren doen en kijken wat voor een errors er in de console tab staan?
  • Yes gevonden hij zij "homey_ip": "undifine",
    dus ik heb in de config "homey_ip": "(iphomey)",
    en hij werkt 
    en weer wat geleerd onwijs bedankt 
  • benotje said:
    Yes gevonden hij zij "homey_ip": "undifine",
    en hij werkt 

swttt said:
    Of door de dashboard als standalone van github te downloaden.
    Heb je in de config.json die regel toegevoegd? Ik heb namelijk hetzelfde probleem.
    @swttt: homey_api = bearer token en homey_cloudid = homey ip adres?
  • You could try to enter the ip in the cloud_id. Or add a line to your config.json with homey_ip.
  • HansieNL said:
    benotje said:
    Yes gevonden hij zij "homey_ip": "undifine",
    en hij werkt 

swttt said:
    Of door de dashboard als standalone van github te downloaden.
    Heb je in de config.json die regel toegevoegd? Ik heb namelijk hetzelfde probleem.
    @swttt: homey_api = bearer token en homey_cloudid = homey ip adres?
     ik heb in de config "homey_ip": "(iphomey)", deze regel toe gevoegd en dan (iphomey) je ip van je homey 
  • Works now  :)
  • Leute, wenn ihr hier nur holländisch redet, dann verstehen alle Anderen hier nur Bahnhof!

is it possible to write in english please? I can't understand the discussion....
  • phil_s said:
    Leute, wenn ihr hier nur holländisch redet, dann verstehen alle Anderen hier nur Bahnhof!

is it possible to write in english please? I can't understand the discussion....
    What do you wanna have translated?
  • DenWDenW Member
    edited December 2016
    phil_s said:
    Leute, wenn ihr hier nur holländisch redet, dann verstehen alle Anderen hier nur Bahnhof!

Agree completely. Right of you to complain about this.

Basically, if you want to use the HomeyDash application on a standalone server you can copy the web-folder (in the zip) and copy its content to (a subfolder on) your existing web server.
    Follow directions in the github download under web (readme) to get the link to Homey, which should look like this:
    https://AAAA.athom.com/?bearer_token=BBBB

Then you modify the config.json as below:

{
        "homey_cloudid": "AAAA",
        "homey_api": "BBBB",
        "homey_ip": "CCCC",
        "homey_enablespeech": false,
        "homey_speechlanguage": "nl-NL"
      }

So 2 values you have to change and 1 value you have to add. This is not correct in the readme\manual.

Then restart the web service and browse to:
    http://(ip-adres of your web server)/(subfolder)

For example: http://192.168.1.100/homeydash

and presto: you have a working dashboard for Homey.

Den
  • @phil_s Wir konnen nachstes mal auch ruhig auf deutsch redenen. Hab es aber auf English versucht, bleibt aber schwer wenn da nur in Hollandisch antwortet wird... :/ Aber du hast recht :smile:

Just checked my old code again... Adding homey_ip shouldn't even work. While it does uses the cloud_id to form the homey_ip. Https isn't available over direct ip, so i would recommend you check your cloud id :smile: 

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited December 2016
    @swttt LOL   :D 

no really i don't want to write in german. english reading is no problem and writing ... i think it is readable and understandable, lol

but i have very difficulties to understand dutch, sorry. and this thread is interesting for me. thank you for your great app!

by the way: your german ist really good    ;)