This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• Chromecast device had the same name as the Zone, changed that but same error

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at Object.self.init.self.processConversation (/app.js:1167:36)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/speech-input.js:1:291
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:951
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:920)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at process.emit (/node_modules/longjohn/node_modules/source-map-support/source-map-support.js:387:21)
    ---------------------------------------------
  • @MikeOne ;

This is the output log

ERVER:  Object {0: "Setting plex server:", 1: Object}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Media server found: PMS"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Machine identifier found: 3f718c0495a42583439a45afceac77fab07a8c91"}
    (index):230 selected_server_available event true
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 60 media items of type: movie"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding movie to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 10 media items of type: episode"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding episode to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 2 On Deck items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding ondeck items to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 50 Recent items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding recent items to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Media Cache Updated"}
    (index):212 settings_update event Object {hasSetup: true, plexTv: Object, servers: Array[1], selected: Object, meta: Object…}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Registering 70 media triggers done"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Plex ready for commands.."}
    (index):199 media_update event false
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "speechObject", 1: Object}
  • michael89michael89 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hey Guys, buddy of mine bought a Homey, i got the opportunity to play with it a bit. all the light stuff works, homey rainbow led goes on and off on selected times. living room light goes on at selected times, and the vibaro motion sensor turns the lights on when movement is detected at night (01:00 - 08:00). So all good there. 

Now i'm trying to get Plex to work and got as far that he recognizes the player (Plex app on Samsung UE40F6200), but he can't find de server. get the error "No (valid) servers found :-("
    i tried this with an Chromecast V2 but then i even can't get passed the enter pin part. 

I use a Synology DS0214+ where i run my Plex Media Server on. In the app store "how to install" following steps need to be taken: 

Goto Plex.tv -> Settings -> Server (advanced view) -> Network and make sure the 'Secure Connections' dropdown is set to 'Preferred' and NOT required

The options above are not available. 

how to proceed?  thanks in advance!

Cheers, Mike
  • @MikeOne   Hee Mike, really like to see this app work again. Maybe there are others who can contribute ?
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited November 2016
    @michael89
    Let's assume you have your Plex Media Server set up on the default plex port 32400, and the IP address of your plex media server is 192.168.1.10.
    Then browse to http://192.168.1.10:32400/web/index.html
    That's where you will find the Settings/Server setup as specified.

• jeroenbos22jeroenbos22 Member
    edited November 2016
    App keeps crashing on speech input and after every crash I need to re-enter pin. Want to use it with Chromecast:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined at Object.self.init.self.processConversation (/app.js:1167:36) at emitTwo (events.js:87:13) at Object.emit (events.js:172:7) at /homey-app/manager/speech-input.js:1:291 at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1015 at Array.forEach (native) at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:984) at emitTwo (events.js:87:13) at process.emit (events.js:172:7) at process.emit (/node_modules/longjohn/node_modules/source-map-support/source-map-support.js:387:21) --------------------------------------------- at handleMessage (internal/child_process.js:695:11) at Pipe.channel.onread (internal/child_process.js:440:11) Exit code: 1
  • Yeah, I have the same problem. Can't play anything at the moment... exact same 'length' undefined error.

• @jeroenbos22 @Bumblez  Mike knows about the problem, but no time to fix it right now
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited November 2016

hi guys can someone show me how a plex flow looks like with cromecast 2 please???

edit so no flow needed to work but crashing al the time enable and disable and enable again but then the pms is lost

• Bumblez said:
    @michael89
    Let's assume you have your Plex Media Server set up on the default plex port 32400, and the IP address of your plex media server is 192.168.1.10.
    Then browse to http://192.168.1.10:32400/web/index.html
    That's where you will find the Settings/Server setup as specified.

Thanks i will try it out when i see the time and let you know, first i hope to resolve problems with the motion sensors from Fibaro
  • any word on the needed update guys?
  • No news...

I went ahead and developed a notification only app...

https://github.com/markaswift/com.plex.notify
  • MarkSwift said:
    No news...

I went ahead and developed a notification only app...

https://github.com/markaswift/com.plex.notify

this wil not work for me because i cannot use plex in the current state of the app keeps losing the database

i use chromecast homey and the app but this wont work for the moment

• Sorry, I don't understand... :/

My app is standalone and doesn't need the Plex app discussed in this thread.
  • MarkSwift said:
    Sorry, I don't understand... :/

My app is standalone and doesn't need the Plex app discussed in this thread.
    Awesome! 
    For me this was the only feature I used from the Plex app but it hasn't worked for me anymore in a while. 
    I like the plex IOS apps for controlling the playback but like to adjust lighting automatically based on Plex status.

Have you submitted it already?  
  • It's pending approval :)
  • @MarkSwift  Hi Mark,  we are waiting for @MikeOne  to fix his plex app, this has nothing to to with your app  :)
  • @Qx5 asked me a question, I responded. I'll open a new thread...
  • MarkSwift said:
    @Qx5 asked me a question, I responded. I'll open a new thread...
    And I for one, am glad you did, else I would have missed it completely... notification on PLAYER level is all I really need, and the other app has been broken for a while now. Completely understand that Mike has no time to fix it now, but this solves the problem for many people in this thread, so glad you posted it here... I find it on topic
  • Ok I will add my comments also here then.

Installed PLEX on Homey could connect to it and PIN process all done, on my QNAS it works perfectly on
    192.168.2.101 - PORT: 32400 - using SSL: NO - LOCAL: true -> keeps flashing green but no media is added

I saw the memory size of plex grow but I don't see any media added in the box,  I see already more than 154 mb in size is this correct ? After reboot PLEX is back to 34Mb, it seems that media is probably added but not shown or not added to the media library of homey probably. So it does not seem to work.

I don't know the current status of your github project are you currently awaiting approval from Athom for a new version ?

• chrisboer said:
    I don't know the current status of your github project are you currently awaiting approval from Athom for a new version ?

The current status is, that there are some known problems with the app, but @MikeOne is very busy in RL and currently has no time to fix them (see also the earlier discussions on this page and the previous page).
  • Thanks @Bumblez then we simply have to wait ;-)
  • 192.168.178.17 - PORT: 32400 - using SSL: NO - LOCAL: true no media found and the chromecast is not seen by plex as a player it sends me to add device page but the chromecast is updated and re found
  • @MikeOne  Mike if your back in town......before christmas would be nice  ;-)
  • Hi All,

I have just bought an Homey and I am a newbie here.

I do not have a technical background, so please be aware of this, and do not answer my question with too much technical stuff.
    I have downloaded the Plex app and followed the installation steps as described below this post message.
    I have Plex server running on my Android Shield TV, in my Homey settings I see that the Plex app is connected to my Android Shield tv.

My Questions:
    1) Can you please explain/ describe to me in detail the next step what I must do in order to use the Plex app with Homey. I have tried the speech commands , but nothing happends.
    2) Is it possible that one of you record a youtube "instruction video for dummies" to explain everything how to get Plex app working with  Homey.
    3) are flows needed to get things working, I really do not know how to use the Plexx app in the flows. Please explain

I am completely lost. Help is very much appreciated in this.

Thank you in advance.

Step-By-Step Installation:

• 1) Install the App on your Homey.
    • 2) Configure your Plex Media Server to allow remote access
    • 3) Goto Plex.tv -> Settings -> Server (advanced view) -> Network and make sure the 'Secure Connections' dropdown is set to 'Preferred' and NOT required.
    • 4) Open een browser window en log into plex.tv
    • 5) Go to the Homey page - Settings - Plex (left column)
    • 6) Click the 'Start Pin Process' button, remember the PIN and go to plex.tv/pin to enter it.
    • 7) Go back to the Homey settings page. You should see your available PMS servers, click 'use this connection' button next to the connection you want to use. If it cannot connect with your choosen connection, it will turn red.
    • 8) The Homey Plex app will now analyze your media and cache all relevant media keys for speech recognition (this might take a minute)
    • 9) Now go to the 'Devices' page on the Homey and add a device in a Zone. Select Plex, your needed Driver and pick your device.
    • 10) Homey Plex should now be ready to receive voice commands!
    • 11) Enjoy watching.

• rowgee said:
    Hi All,

I do not have a technical background, so please be aware of this, and do not answer my question with too much technical stuff.
    I have downloaded the Plex app and followed the installation steps as described below this post message.
    I have Plex server running on my Android Shield TV, in my Homey settings I see that the Plex app is connected to my Android Shield tv.

My Questions:
    1) Can you please explain/ describe to me in detail the next step what I must do in order to use the Plex app with Homey. I have tried the speech commands , but nothing happends.
    2) Is it possible that one of you record a youtube "instruction video for dummies" to explain everything how to get Plex app working with  Homey.
    3) are flows needed to get things working, I really do not know how to use the Plexx app in the flows. Please explain

Thank you in advance.

• 3) Goto Plex.tv -> Settings -> Server (advanced view) -> Network and make sure the 'Secure Connections' dropdown is set to 'Preferred' and NOT required.
    • 6) Click the 'Start Pin Process' button, remember the PIN and go to plex.tv/pin to enter it.
    • 7) Go back to the Homey settings page. You should see your available PMS servers, click 'use this connection' button next to the connection you want to use. If it cannot connect with your choosen connection, it will turn red.
    • 8) The Homey Plex app will now analyze your media and cache all relevant media keys for speech recognition (this might take a minute)
    • 9) Now go to the 'Devices' page on the Homey and add a device in a Zone. Select Plex, your needed Driver and pick your device.
    • 11) Enjoy watching.

followed the instructions very clearly no media added i have 1500 movies and about a 1000 episodes but homey and the plex app tells me 0

tells me media is uplaoding keeps on blinking green but nothting is added

need more help guys please

• rowgee said:
    Hi All,

My Questions:

Thank you in advance.

• 11) Enjoy watching.

• bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    - deleted -
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited December 2016
    - deleted -
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

ok got the connection working from the outside etc all movies and series are .mkv still zero media found i really need some help guys to get this up and running

dont get it before the movies and series was found fine but when play back it lost the database now it wont add any movie or folder al ports are open al is green but no video to be found