This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

mruitermruiter Member
edited February 2018 in Apps

NEO CoolCam Z-Wave Devices

Current Version : 2.0.6 Stable , 2.0.7 Beta - Based on SDKv2 and Z-Wave Mesh Driver

Athom Apps store:  https://apps.athom.com/app/com.neo
Github repository:    https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo

This app is now donationware 

Donations will be used for charity. Every 25 euros collected will be send to a different charity organization every time. I make this app for fun and don’t tend to make profit for my own. If you like the work. Please think of the people who you could please a bit by donating. Want the next donation to go to your favorite charity ? Don’t hesitate and tell me what it is.

Supported Devices:

• NAS-PD01ZE, Motion Sensor
  • NAS-PD02ZE, Motion Sensor
  • NAS-WR01ZE, Power Switching Plug
  • NAS-SC01ZE, Touch Wall Switch Single
  • NAS-SW01ZE, Touch Wall Switch Dual
  • NAS-AB01ZE, Siren / Doorbell speaker
  • NAS-RC01ZE, Remote KeyFob / Alarm Button
  • NAS-RS01ZE, Remote Emergency Button
  • NAS-DS01ZE, Door Sensor
  • NAS-WS01ZE, Flood Sensor

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch

Search link to buy on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-neo-coolcam-z%25252dwave.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.87YkiU&initiative_id=SB_20170807010754&site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&g=y&SearchText=neo+coolcam+z-wave

PLEASE BE SURE TO BUY THE EU VERSION OF THE NEO PRODUCTS. THE FREQUENCY OF THE OTHER COUNTRY's WILL NOT WORK IF YOURE HOMEY IS A EU VERSION

Comments

• JwoudenbergJwoudenberg Member
    edited August 2017

NEO CoolCam Z-Wave Devices

Current Version : 1.1.22

Athom Apps store:  https://apps.athom.com/app/com.neo
    Github repository:    https://github.com/mruiter/com.neo

Supported Devices:

• NAS-PD01ZE, Motion Sensor
    • NAS-PD02ZE, Motion Sensor V2
    • NAS-WR01ZE, Power Switching Plug
    • NAS-SW01ZE, Touch Wall Switch
    • NAS-AB01ZE, Siren / Doorbell speaker with LED alert
    • NAS-DS01ZE, Door Sensor
    • NAS-WS01ZE, Flood Sensor

Supported Languages:

• English
    • Dutch

Search link to buy on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-neo-coolcam-z%25252dwave.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.87YkiU&initiative_id=SB_20170807010754&site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&g=y&SearchText=neo+coolcam+z-wave

PLEASE BE SURE TO BUY THE EU VERSION OF THE NEO PRODUCTS. THE FREQUENCY OF THE OTHER COUNTRY's WILL NOT WORK IF YOURE HOMEY IS A EU VERSION

• Woow! The price is amazing.... 

Still have to wait at the rewrite but the shipmemt time will be longer 
  • I received this plug yesterday. It works fine, but the z-wave range is very limited so it seems....
    At 1m from homey it works perfect, at 5m (straight sight) it works sometimes.

Anyone experience with this range issue? Can transmitting power be adjusted somewhere?
  • zwave works best when you have multiple devices,
    each (powered) device acts as a client and router (e.g. mesh network)

On topic the current app com.neo only supports the smart plug, i've been playing to see if i can add the door sensor, but it''ll take time :-/

• Thanks for your response.

I figured out that homeys z-wave range is not great, according to other discussions I read. To extend the range I ordered several other devices which are on sale today. See the bundles/deals discussion.
  • @ Marco Ruiter
    Today I received the NEO door/window sensor. Homey recognizes it as a standard z-wave device. I have a "instruction manual" (very small) and a screen dump from homey.

Are you interested in adding the device to your app? If so I can email you these details.
  • Marco bought all the different Neo devices himself, so not necessary to mail him anything special I guess  :)
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited November 2016
    Today, I received the Powerplug and Homey sees it as an unknown ZWave device.
    I hear that it is switching; the light in the plug is green, but the bulb attached to the powerplug stays on and doesn't switch off
  • I have a powerplug too but the Z-wave range is terrible. And also the measurement isnt right. When i look at the graph the results are negative!
    Do you have the same problems?
  • I only see a graph for switching on and off. It's showing that right, and like I said: the plug is making the switching sound, the green light switching on and off but the connected light a.s.o. not...
    Is your plug switching the connected items on and off?
  • Yes, my plug is switching off and on 
  • ChielvbChielvb Member
    edited December 2016
    Great update. My Neo motion sensor works flawless. 
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2016
    I got the motion sensors. It works well so far.

Plus:
    • Good build quality, does not have a Chinese feel 
    • Very sensitive
    • The range is significantly better than the Fibaro ZW+
    • The bracket holds the sensor firmly unlike the Fibaro
    • Good price point (when it is sold under £25 on Aliexpress, if it is over that than wait the price fluctuates all the time)
    Negative:
    • Has less features than the fibaro (RGB, Temperature, temper) but I haven`t used any of these anyway

Some people commented that it comes without battery. Mine came with. Also some people think it is for outdoor application as well. Yes probably you can use it under canopies but it is not sealed so it is not weather proof. Also batteries don`t really work on sub zero temperatures. Probably I will use one outdoor but I will add sealant.
    I like the facts that it is not glued together like the Fibaro but it is fixed with tiny screws so I can do the weather proofing at the lens. 
    The size is exactly the same as the Fibaro it can go in the Fibaro bracket. Of course you don`t want to do that (especially outdoors when the wind can blow it away), the Neo bracket is much better in my opinion.

Can`t comment on the other products as I got only motion sensor.
  • I got my NEO door/window sensor working today, great app update.

Plus:
    • Good build quality, does not have a Chinese feel 
    • Range is much better then the NEO plug (maybe they enhance each other via the mesh network?)
    • Range from homey through 2 walls > 10m.
    I have ordered more NEO devices, waiting until they arrive.
    Experience until now, good stuff for (very) compete-ting pricing.
  • WimstradamusWimstradamus Member
    edited December 2016
    At witch price did you guys buy the power plug ?
    Its now € 28,76 is that a good price or is there a change it will drop ?
  • That is relatively good. Sometimes is goes above 40-50. I bought on the international day sale (11 November) for £19.14.
  • I paid € 22,37 for the door/window sensor at Aliexpress (shop: VSTARCAMandIHOMECAM Store)
  • Great to hear people enjoy the app update.
    I'm almost 24/7/365 online at the athom slack channel, and only once a week on the forum.

So if you have a problem or a request and want it asap ill see you on slack.

The Neo zwave siren did not come in yet will be added to the app as soon as shipment comes in.
    Power usage of the plug is still not working correct. sometimes it does the other time it has wrong values and the it does nothing.

If sinterklaas does not take to much time and maybee The Wizard of Waves aka Caseda could help me a bit in finding out what goes wrong there will be a new version soooooon.

Donations can be made by buying something nice for youre kid or girlfriend .

Enjoy
  • mruiter said:

Donations can be made by buying something nice for youre kid or girlfriend .

Enjoy
    :cookie: 
  • I have only one issue. I adjust the settings (like alarm cancelation time, red LED). No matter if i do it via the setting or raw data. Even if it says the settings has been saved, there is no change everything stays default. Has anyone experienced the same issue? More importantly has anyone experienced and worked the way around it?
  • @m-ruiter just bought a rpi with domoticz and 5 plugs for my wife. Hope she enjoys it :dizzy: 
  • @honey wake up the sensor before saving the settings. 
    But if you want to "re-apply" the settings please change them, save them, change them back to the values you want, wake up the sensor and then press save 
  • It is pretty obvious that I have to wake up the sensor. I got fibaro sensors too so the process is familiar. And as I mentioned above I get the feedback that the settings has been saved.
  • Guess you are on 1.0.2 , could be that youre zwave is in somewhat hanging state .
    Pull the plug on homey and try again, settings should work as sevral have reported the red light going off 
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2016
    I was on 1.0.1 when I had the issue. So now I have updated to 1.0.2 and restarted homey couple of times. Still no luck but now I lost the the illumination report as well. I have also reseted the sensors. I tried with both `wake up` the official one B press most of the time it gives the feedback that it will save it at the next wakeup, sometimes it says it has been saved, in case of the inclusion `wake-up` it always says it has been saved. When trying to update the settings the sensor is 2 meters away from homey. I don`t know what else I can do.
  • While I appreciate a low price like everybody else, I am not sure we should promote ripoffs of well known products from Fibaro.
  • MHubertMHubert Member
    edited December 2016
    Mathijs said:
    While I appreciate a low price like everybody else, I am not sure we should promote ripoffs of well known products from Fibaro.
    Half the world are "ripoffs".
    Skoda is a ripoff of Audi.

To me the Fibaro's (and a lot of other Z-Wave thinkies) are way overpriced.

Some competition is always good.

edit;
    Have some Fibaro's but also a lot of other Z-Wave devices.
    Last weekend ordered some Neo's plugs for €28,= and that's still a big price for some mass produced plastic and some small pcb's.
  • It is like putting a ban on Athom accusing them that they stole the design of the Google nexus Q.
    Apparently you don`t own a Neo device. I will go with Neo motion sensors in the future because they are higher quality than the Fibaro ones (Fixing, sensing, range).
  • MHubert said:

Last weekend ordered some Neo's plugs for €28,= and that's still a big price for some mass produced plastic and some small pcb's.
    @Phuturist had one explode on him when plugging it in, so there might be a small QC problem from the cheaper Chinese producers :P
  • Fire69 said:
    MHubert said:

@Phuturist had one explode on him when plugging it in, so there might be a small QC problem from the cheaper Chinese producers :P
    Thats why I said that its a still a high price for some mass produced stuff ;) 
    1 out of 5 defect;
    5 * €28 = €140
    €140 / 4 = €35

Still way cheaper then the Fibaro's (€60-65) and the Neo's are Z-Wave+ :)