This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    T-mo-T said:
    When will the presence/home detection be refactored in the Android app? It's not working really well at the moment (or I'm just a sleepwalker leaving the house a few times each night...?)

Started testing geofencing this week, must admit it's not working very well. 
    It almost never detects me leaving or coming home. 
    For me it detects leaving but according to homey I never come home 
  • Fire69 said:
    T-mo-T said:
    When will the presence/home detection be refactored in the Android app? It's not working really well at the moment (or I'm just a sleepwalker leaving the house a few times each night...?)

and now your wife complenes?      :p
  • Fire69 said:
    T-mo-T said:

and now your wife complenes?      :p
    And asks who will 'snij the vlees' on Sunday

• PBaan93PBaan93 Member
    edited October 2016
    superice said:
    I have no push notifications anymore (always worked, still works for my wife's phone).
    Already re-installed the app. Removed app data (to prevent Android M to restore from cloud backup it's app data).
    I did not get any additional devices in Homey's flows, so that seems to be working.
    Tried all available devices, multiple times.

Versions:
    Homey 0.9.1
    Homey Android app v2.2.6 - Build 54
    Nexus 6
    Android N preview 5 (did work on this build, previously).

Anything I can try or do?
    Well, when you reinstall the app, you should get a new device, since Android prevents apps from recognizing the same device across app installs for privacy reasons. You probably have to kill the app once (remove it from your recents) and restart it.
    Can't get notifications working again.

Tried this:
    - sign out
    - delete alle data and cache
    - delete the app
    - install the app

But when I open it for the first time it is directly loged in, so it remembers someting...

(on xperia z3, app buid 55)

Remove it from your recents?
    Any ideas?
  • Would it be possible to view to messages sent from homey in the homey app itself? I frequently receive messages from homey, but can only view them in the messagescreen. Some message containt too much info to read them there, but I don't know a way to read those messages otherwise. So to show them in the app itself, would be for me a great win.
  • Not sure if this is an issue with the app, but my girlfriends phone is not available in the Homey flows. I have a flow sending a notification when someone comes home, but I can only select my own phone. I did create an account for my girlfriend and the app works fine on her phone, but somehow it's not available in the flows.

• Hi @superice , maybe a bug, maybe not. If you have Roller shutter als last device in room you cannot close the shutters (push the down button).
  • viktor said:

Hi @superice , maybe a bug, maybe not. If you have Roller shutter als last device in room you cannot close the shutters (push the down button).
    Sounds very plausible: since you can tap on the wave to activate speech it does not pass that touch event to the cards directly 'beneath' it. You should be able to scroll the cards far enough so that you can control the card instead. If that's not the case, we'll fix that soon for you
  • Hi @superice , i dont have the possibility on my z3 to scroll more down as in the screenshot. No chance to tap the down button. Deactivating tap to listen in the app dont helps.
  • Hello, I have been lurking this thread for a long time. I like my homey and want to thank the team for all the good work.

You asked (@superice) to give some feedback at the locationing (home / not home). It works partly at my Samsung Galaxy S7, latest firmware. If I leave home it is detected, but when I come home it doenst detect it. When I restart my device and connect to my network again then suddenly it detects that I'm home.

Switched on both options in the app settings (home-detections).
  • Franq said:

You asked (@superice) to give some feedback at the locationing (home / not home). It works partly at my Samsung Galaxy S7, latest firmware. If I leave home it is detected, but when I come home it doenst detect it. When I restart my device and connect to my network again then suddenly it detects that I'm home.
    Hm, I have the same problems so I tested the restart and indeed, I got a pushmessage that I came home.
    Does the app not run correctly in the background after a while maybe?
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited October 2016
    @superice ..It's been a while since the last update of the app :)Can we expect an improved presence detection?
  • Since a week I am testing my new homey. One thing that is not working as expected is the android app. When I logon no devices show up. There are devices like a chromecast and TV in the livingroom, but the app displays nothing.
    Tested this on 2 phones:
    - One+One on android 6.01
    - Google Nexus on android 4.xx

Also there is nothing displayed in the media view, just a white screen.

Any suggestions?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    chromecast and "tv" (ir remote?) don't have any mobile cards, so if you only have those kinds of devices then there won't be any devices to show on mobile

mobile card is also viewable in chrome GUI in the devices, if none are there, you've got your answer

and media has been disabled at the moment, that's why it is white
  • Aha, that explains a lot. Thanks for your response caseda.
  • fiek said:
    @superice ..It's been a while since the last update of the app :)Can we expect an improved presence detection?
    I tested the presence detection yesterday. It seemed fine most of the day, but at night, I left and came home 8 times, but I'm pretty sure I was in bed the whole night...

Perhaps it would be better to ping homey on it's local IP address rather than geolocation.  Using a combination of factors to determine presence could also improve reliability.
  • msmitsmsmits Member
    edited October 2016
    JaapPelt said:
    fiek said:
    I tested the presence detection yesterday. It seemed fine most of the day, but at night, I left and came home 8 times, but I'm pretty sure I was in bed the whole night...

Perhaps it would be better to ping homey on it's local IP address rather than geolocation.  Using a combination of factors to determine presence could also improve reliability.
    As far as i know the app already does that. It checks if the local address is available trough your phone. If it is, your at home.. if not you aren't. 

Atm my phone presence works very well, but my girlfriend never comes home... so im not able to create flows with presence as condition.. :disappointed: 

• msmits said:
    JaapPelt said:
    fiek said:

As far as i know the app already does that. It checks if the local address is available trough your phone. If it is, your at home.. if not you aren't. 

Atm my phone presence works very well, but my girlfriend never comes home... so im not able to create flows with presence as condition.. :disappointed: 

Doesn't work that good for me. See also my earlier message. 
  • @Franq;

Ive checked everything.. 

-Battery saving settings
    -Wifi always on when device sleeps
    -Enabled Development settings and checked agressive switch to cellular when wifi strength is poor.
    - Task/RAM cleaner disabled 

Nothing solved the problem yet.
    The weird part is that when i manually switch wifi on/off it works flawless. 

• msmits said:
    @Franq;

Ive checked everything.. 

-Battery saving settings
    -Wifi always on when device sleeps
    -Enabled Development settings and checked agressive switch to cellular when wifi strength is poor.
    - Task/RAM cleaner disabled 

Nothing solved the problem yet.
    The weird part is that when i manually switch wifi on/off it works flawless. 

Disabling and enabling doesn't work for me. Only restart of my phone. 
  • msmits said:
    JaapPelt said:
    fiek said:

Sure you have a girlfriend?  :#

Here also home presence is quite unreliable.

Huawei P9 lite ~ 70% accurate (and in the night a lot of sleepwalking)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 ~ 30% accurate
  • T-mo-T said:
    msmits said:
    JaapPelt said:
    fiek said:

Sure you have a girlfriend?  :#

Here also home presence is quite unreliable.

Huawei P9 lite ~ 70% accurate (and in the night a lot of sleepwalking)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 ~ 30% accurate
    The new app smart presence does work a lot better then the build in presence detection maybe you can look how that is working? Although it is not 100 % perfect either. 
  • I see in the notification center that Homey detects when we come home or go away, but the flow doesn't get triggered
  • fiek said:
    I see in the notification center that Homey detects when we come home or go away, but the flow doesn't get triggered
    Could you post your flow? 
  • @superice , i have many rooms with devices on layer 1 into homey and when i use the App i cannot scroll down to the rooms at bottom. 
  • Any news on a new Android update? 
  • Would be a nice feature to set a specific room as "default room".  When opening the app it goes directly to that room instead of the "root". :smile: 

• WeezulWeezul Member
    edited November 2016
    I recently got a new phone, but all my notifications still get sent to my old device. I have reinstalled, uninstalled, signed in, logged out, still no luck. In the drop down I see both Nexus and Pixel devices listed, however, no matter which I select, notifications always end up on the Nexus. Any advice?
  • Try going to https://my.athom.com/#/phones and remove any unwanted phones...