This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.0

Comments

• I agree please fix 0.10 fast or give us the opportunity to rollback, even after a full recovery I'm not even able to add my Fibaro dimmer to Homey and it's really a shame that the media is gone, which is the only why to pause/find music/radio.
  • Trustme2 said:
    MikeOne said:
    Unfortunately, this Homey update killed the Plex App. I'm getting bombarded with Crash reports by email (I'm the developer). I kills the app with such a generic error on such a silly line of code, I don't even know where to start..

I'd say (also reading back this thread): ROLLBACK PLEASE!
    @Emile @Annemarie ;Maybe it's an idea to give developers of big apps like Plex, Kodi, better logic etc. A week with the new update to see if it is compatible and fix large bugs. 

Keep in mind that the update is only on the experimental channel. This channel is for detecting and fixing bugs in these apps. No need of an experimental experimental channel  :D
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited September 2016
    Oke, thought it was 0.10.0 instead of 0.00.1

Homey is a paperweight again...

I would be really really annoyed of I have to reconnect all the devices again, and do so with all my flows...!!
    I mean ,, really really annoyed,

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

are there easy fixes? or is this just another case of wait it out and hope for the best?

• JasperKortJasperKort Member
    edited September 2016
    Still works OK for me after update. But I only use a couple of apps (KAKU, Milight, better logic, not tried Harmony app or IR) and no voice recog.

Also, I don't see an advantage to spending time creating backup functionality when they're obviously changing core stuff (otherwise so many things wouldn't break for most people). It would just add another thing to maintain with the possibility to break after every update when they're still working their bums off to get the basics right.

It seems to me that most users signed up for the expiremental channel because they want improvements and more functionality. Makes sense. Especially since the latest stable release is just "meh". But it is called "experimental" for a reason. You may disagree or argue that they're taking a long time to get it done, but unfortunately that's just what it is. Experimental. And I'm afraid that as long as there isn't a properly functioning stable release for users to switch to and offload the experimental channel, these topics will get flooded with issues. Then again, apparently that's the only way for Athom to find out about them. QA anyone?
  • Oke, thought it was 0.10.0 instead of 0.00.1

I would be really really annoyed of I have to reconnect all the devices again, and do so with all my flows...!!

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

are there easy fixes? or is this just another case of wait it out and hope for the best?

Same problem here, for me is this update a disaster
  • olive said:

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

Same problem here, for me is this update a disaster
    There is a GitHub issue for this problem:https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/890

Please report anything specific here that might help Athom to resolve this (preferably without having to reset everything). 
  • Peao said:
    Keep in mind that the update is only on the experimental channel. This channel is for detecting and fixing bugs in these apps. No need of an experimental experimental channel  :D
    After telling Athom about bugs in these apps there is no reason that those user should be punished for weeks to months thereafter.
    So a backup and rollback is a must.
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited September 2016
    Also, I don't see an advantage to spending time creating backup functionality when they're obviously changing core stuff (otherwise so many things wouldn't break for most people). It would just add another thing to maintain with the possibility to break after every update when they're still working their bums off to get the basics right.

It seems to me that most users signed up for the expiremental channel because they want improvements and more functionality. Makes sense. Especially since the latest stable release is just "meh". But it is called "experimental" for a reason. You may disagree or argue that they're taking a long time to get it done, but unfortunately that's just what it is. Experimental. And I'm afraid that as long as there isn't a properly functioning stable release for users to switch to and offload the experimental channel, these topics will get flooded with issues. Then again, apparently that's the only way for Athom to find out about them. QA anyone?
    Well,, A backup functionality is a must in all IT projects, so If were testing experimental changes, it is rather silly to NOT have a backup functionality. So the is a huge advantage just because you're changing core stuff. software developments 101.

The Experimental channel is imho to test changes and report bugs for releases tot the general public. Although its experimental, "updates" like this, that wreck oke running systems, should be covered even before the release to the experimental.

By having an backup functionality point 2 will be no biggy, you just roll back and start over..

we will see what the solution will be, there well be one, in the coming weeks we will see what the consequences are.
    Cool thing is, I cant shut down my garden lights... I updated last night, after Homey turned them on.
  • I Also think that is not possible that when u update homey, apps don't work anymore!.. maybe i'm thinking like apple/ios user.. thats also need to be more easiest for app Developer 
  • Peao said:
    After telling Athom about bugs in these apps there is no reason that those user should be punished for weeks to months thereafter.
    So a backup and rollback is a must.
    I fully agree!! It is no fun at all to see that almost 90% of your 57 work flows are not working anymore. This makes testing very annoying. It would be must better to restore parts and find out why this is happening. Now you have no way to go back. Damage is done and tracking is very hard. And do not forget, it is for athom also usefully. Send an image to them of the previous version, do an update, monitor everything and fix it. Now, it is just guessing or hope that there is something in the logfiles....the way it goes now, this will takes at least another year and I suppose there is no time and money for. Athom needs to go to the market and sell because I guess they have no income now and the backers money is seeing the bottom. They need to change their strategy and listen better to this community. Focus on stability and the core items and then add new functionality. But I think most of the issues are because of a rewrite of the core. Hopefully they can speed up development now and fix things rapidly. And I mean in days not weeks.  Maybe they can have nightly builds which you can upload manually the same as other projects have. I really hope that athom is open for suggestions  and maybe, if they want, can ask a few experience people to come to there office and have a brainstorm session. I am open for any help I can. I know, we as dutch people, can complain very good but in this case it is also in our benefit to help them. They are  a fresh startup, inexperienced and learning during there job. So hopefully we can help them and they will listen to make this a Succes!! 
  • So u want experimental builds, to test new builds.
    experimental builds on a beta product, u can expect things to break.
    u are there to find out wot broke, and report it to the creator.

instaid i see ppl whining, complaining, even asking for a rollback.
    mind my language, but what the fuck are you doing on experimental if u can't handle bugs?

mind my language, but what the fuck are you doing on experimental if u can't handle bugs?

As if the non experimental version is anygood...

Sure, but give the testers also good tools to do it. Things can break, indeed and can become nasty. But now what is the use. Athom has a really hard job to find the cause of all this. We have all different flows, devices etc. Homey is a complex device. I mean, if you build up a lot of flows and devices and you can do this again after a release (I have done this know 4 times, I am glad I documented partly) then I can tell you this is no fun!
  • Oke, thought it was 0.10.0 instead of 0.00.1

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

After a reinstall you get the right en complete info. Start from scretch.

• instaid i see ppl whining, complaining, even asking for a rollback.

Do mind the language.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, Emile DID warn us. He clearly said:

...so much has changed. So it probably wont be 100% bugfree, but with the work we did, we can fix those bugs much faster, so everything will eventually be alright :-)

So yeah, with such a big update, it's quite normal that things break. And yes, this IS the experimental channel... people who signed up there ARE the bunny rabbits for testing and finding all the bugs.
    On the other hand, with so many problems surfacing now, I have no idea what Athom have been focusing their own test capacity on these past few weeks. Several of the problems surfacing now appear to be so basic and so widespread, that those should have surfaced during their own test phase.
    So for the future, they will definitely to improve their internal test procedures.

As for the "fix those bugs much faster"... that SHOULD mean that we can expect the first batch of bugfixes (to the most critical bugs) within the next couple of days... so this should be a good stress test of Homey's new core.

• CootNL said:

Devices, gone,
    Flows, destroyed,
    Apps, gone,
    Settings etc, gone,

After a reinstall you get the right en complete info. Start from scretch.
    hmz,, if all else fails.. I need to to do that..

Well I want to hear from athom that I need to reinstall.
  • The most tricky part for them will be to find out why lots of peeps has problems and some don't. The doorbell thingie is a problem for some. Some of them problems are solved after a PTP, some of them after a complete reset while keeping settings and my doorbell has no problems at all.
  • Another bug, I have a Pushbullet flow that sends me a message every Monday morning, but that triggered this Sunday morning. Flow is the same, the card still says 'if today is a Monday' and in settings the date & time of Homey is correct. So why would the flow thinks it is a Monday?!?
  • MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited September 2016
    daylfy said:
    So u want experimental builds, to test new builds.

As if the non experimental version is anygood...
    Working like a charm. But thats not the topic now is it?
  • mbalik79mbalik79 Member
    edited September 2016
    Julian said:
    Another bug, I have a Pushbullet flow that sends me a message every Monday morning, but that triggered this Sunday morning. Flow is the same, the card still says 'if today is a Monday' and in settings the date & time of Homey is correct. So why would the flow thinks it is a Monday?!?
    Here also every flow gets fired, not looking at the day in the flow... Just wait for a fix

• After some of my flows didn't work I found that if an action card has a delay all subsequent cards in that flow will be delayed with that same amount. The delays of these subsequent cards is even added to delay of the previous card(s). When I put the cards in an order of their respective delay (by removing and re-adding them) and adjusting the delays the flow seems to work as expected again... For now......
  • Just found that KAKU ASUN-650 status doesn't work in a flow. Even though Homey shows the correct status in the test field on the device itself. None of the flows react to any status changes... Other KAKU device seem to work....
  • Must say i like the update, homey reponses much faster! KAKU devices don't work in flow though and some apps stoped working Telegram for example.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    edited September 2016
    OK small update 

i removed a few apps incl plex 

then the install to 0.10 worked 

and dutch speech also works for own made flows 

i have a flow to turn on ventilation system with the command ventilatie 

and it works perfectly 

Working (tested)
    philips Hue
    harmony 
    KaKu
    Figaro
    Aotec multi sensor
    Greenwave powerplug 1 
    Evohome 
    Netatmo
    Solaredge Inverter
  • My kaku won't work in a flow.
    IR wil only set my samsung tv out but not on.
    duch speech cmd won't work.
    its  :s
  • I have wiped homey. Than added just couple of flows. Two of them: Open the blind at 7:40 on weekdays and at 9:00 on weekend. Guess what today (Sunday) the blind went up at 7:40.
    Seems like homey does not know the days anymore.
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    edited September 2016
    My kaku won't work in a flow.
    IR wil only set my samsung tv out but not on.
    duch speech cmd won't work.
    its  s
    My KAKU does work after re-installing the app, re-pairing the device, but I think the most important action was unpluging the power for 5 minutes. And they work in the flows.
    IR with my samsung TV does work, not all of the commands that are listed in Homey do work, but the standard commands do. For power on and off there are 3 commands: 'Power on', 'Power off' and 'Power toggle'. They work for my samsung tv.
  • I tried to do a factory reset with data and it failed. Only a total wipe worked and I am now able to use 0.10.
This discussion has been closed.