This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.0

Comments

• So u want experimental builds, to test new builds.
    experimental builds on a beta product, u can expect things to break.
    u are there to find out wot broke, and report it to the creator.

instaid i see ppl whining, complaining, even asking for a rollback.
    mind my language, but what the fuck are you doing on experimental if u can't handle bugs?
    If people want to help Athom then Athom have to help them by giving a change to go back in version where they came from after that help. Including the app's for that version.

• So u want experimental builds, to test new builds.
    experimental builds on a beta product, u can expect things to break.
    u are there to find out wot broke, and report it to the creator.

instaid i see ppl whining, complaining, even asking for a rollback.
    mind my language, but what the fuck are you doing on experimental if u can't handle bugs?
    If people want to help Athom then Athom have to help them by giving a change to go back in version where they came from after that help. Including the app's for that version.

True, with this version I Have problems with initializing zwave. And I can't rollback to a previous version
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited September 2016

First, it doesn't help Athom if people who volunteered to be on the experimental channel, can revert to just about any version they want, instead of just waiting a little while and then test the fixes to their problems. If you don't want to run the risk of losing any of your settings, then just disable automatic updates and wait until you're sure that the new firmware version is at a status where you actually *want* it.

Second, let's be honest... Athom can only spend their time once. Would you rather that they spend that time improving the latest version and fix all the issues (so they can offer improvements for everyone), or would you prefer if they spend that time making it possible to revert to an old, partly functional firmware version of your choice (and then spend more time to fix the bugs in that functionality)?

• Bumblez said:

First, it doesn't help Athom if people who volunteered to be on the experimental channel, can revert to just about any version they want, instead of just waiting a little while and then test the fixes to their problems. If you don't want to run the risk of losing any of your settings, then just disable automatic updates and wait until you're sure that the new firmware version is at a status where you actually *want* it.

Second, let's be honest... Athom can only spend their time once. Would you rather that they spend that time improving the latest version and fix all the issues (so they can offer improvements for everyone), or would you prefer if they spend that time making it possible to revert to an old, partly functional firmware version of your choice (and then spend more time to fix the bugs in that functionality)?

Third, if no one want to be on the experimental channel, Athom have to test everything themselves.
    How many time would that be cost?    
  • Bumblez said:

Third, if no one want to be on the experimental channel, Athom have to test everything themselves.
    I agree. 
  • Third, if no one want to be on the experimental channel, Athom have to test everything themselves.
    I agree. 
    I am very much willing to test experimental stuff and I also don't mind having to reset Homey in the process.
  • Third, if no one want to be on the experimental channel, Athom have to test everything themselves.

Right. And as the past couple of weeks have shown us, Athom's own testing apparently doesn't even come close to covering many of the situations of the users at home. So yes, they absolutely need to have people on the experimental channel, people willing to take the risk and update, people who don't mind testing and running into bugs, people who don't mind having their apps/configuration broken for a while.
    So in short: by all means, please keep on using the expertimental channel, please keep on testing and reporting the bugs you find... but after that, please also have the patience to wait until those bugs are fixed.

• I'm on experimental by choice, finding and reporting bugs, helping out etc etc. That's what I signed up (or actually checked the box) for... And unfortunately my radio isn't working now and I think they shouldn't have deleted media but otoh: that's part of the process I signed up for...
  • I noticed the following:
    In homey v0.10.0 betterlogic looses all it variables after a reboot.
    Did anyone already notice this?

• Jip, install the latest version from github. That solved it for me
  • I'm on experimental by choice, finding and reporting bugs, helping out etc etc. That's what I signed up (or actually checked the box) for... And unfortunately my radio isn't working now and I think they shouldn't have deleted media but otoh: that's part of the process I signed up for...
    Same here, for me the real issue is that it was not communicated that the media functions are disabled. Athom knows that the updates causes not working functions, some by bugs, others by design, at least tell us what will not work by design!
  • @KeepT If have version 0.9.5 of BL on FW0.10.0 and don't have this problem.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited September 2016
    For me this is the worst update ever. After the update my apps and devices where gone and most of the Homey menu items where gone as well. Reinstalled apps did not survice a reboot and trying to access the devices resulted in a pop-up saying "not ready". See github issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/890

So I eventually did a reset (my first one since I got Homey) with the erase data option to start all over again (meaning adding all devices, flows and app config again). I experienced the following issues afterwards:

I just finished adding all my flows again. Will have to see if the update effected other functionality and how stable it is.

I do see one pro though, finally a favicon ...  :smile: 
    Same here.
  • Phuturist said:
    For me this is the worst update ever.
    So if the update kills an app u think its the worst update ever?
    I think its wyrd to make an issue on Homey github for it.
    Why not make a post in the screensaver topic on the forum or the screensaver github section?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited September 2016
    Phuturist said:
    For me this is the worst update ever.
    So if the update kills an app u think its the worst update ever?
    I think its wyrd to make an issue on Homey github for it.
    Why not make a post in the screensaver topic on the forum or the screensaver github section?
    That quote is a little out of context since you cut most of my original post out of it. For me it was the worst update ever since I needed to do a full wipe to get Homey to work again. I never did a full wipe before.

About the issue, I was not the one who reported it and the reported issue is actually about the Smile P1 app (which I dont use). The issue is similar tot the screensaver app though and thus generic. I just linked to this issue.
  • My flows are not executed
  • Phuturist said:

That quote is a little out of context since you cut most of my original post out of it. For me it was the worst update ever since I needed to do a full wipe to get Homey to work again. I never did a full wipe before.

About the issue, I was not the one who reported it and the reported issue is actually about the Smile P1 app (which I dont use). The issue is similar tot the screensaver app though and thus generic. I just linked to this issue.
    Sorry to hear u needed to do a full wipe. But 3 of ur issues mentioned in ur post are about apps not working.
    That way it becomes a long list of things why u hate the update. Don't think thats fair.
    About the screensaver issue: I did not say u reported it. I just think its the wrong approach.
    No offence m8.
    Same here.

Just checked my versions: BL 0.9.5 and fw is 0.10.0. I can make BL variables, but when i do a power cycle, all variables are gone. Also, I noticed that my soundboard files are gone after power cycle. Something is seriously wrong. Is nothing saved then afyer power cycle? No, the flows are still there (but crippled with the missing variables)
    So I did a clean install BL is on 0.9.5. made flows, variables and uploaded files in sounboard. But again after power cycle al Betterlogic variables are gone again. Sounbboard is empty. Any advise? Tips to test what goes wrong? Anyone withmthe same problems?
  • Must say i did not check on the power cycle, just the normal system reboot in settings.

• KeepT said:
    @KeepT If have version 0.9.5 of BL on FW0.10.0 and don't have this problem.
    Same here.

Just checked my versions: BL 0.9.5 and fw is 0.10.0. I can make BL variables, but when i do a power cycle, all variables are gone. Also, I noticed that my soundboard files are gone after power cycle. Something is seriously wrong. Is nothing saved then afyer power cycle? No, the flows are still there (but crippled with the missing variables)
    So I did a clean install BL is on 0.9.5. made flows, variables and uploaded files in sounboard. But again after power cycle al Betterlogic variables are gone again. Sounbboard is empty. Any advise? Tips to test what goes wrong? Anyone withmthe same problems?
    Read my post earlier, I experienced the same issue. Someone on Slack said that after some more reboots they settings (and BL variables) finally where persistent. Do not dare to do another reboot though to find out.
  • johan_kreeftjohan_kreeft Member
    edited September 2016
    this saterday I had the same probleem as everyone else (dutch language, logica), after modifying some flows, and reïnstall better logic, everything looks fine, But I need to test better logic tomorrow. Dutch language is working again (also internal commands :-) ). Now I need to test ir. 
  • Phuturist said:
    KeepT said:
    @KeepT If have version 0.9.5 of BL on FW0.10.0 and don't have this problem.
    Same here.

Read my post earlier, I experienced the same issue. Someone on Slack said that after some more reboots they settings (and BL variables) finally where persistent. Do not dare to do another reboot though to find out.

[Solution alert] at least I hope for others as well
    After 32 power cycles i found the solution to homeys inability to save the bl variables and soundboard files. Turns out that, after installing the app and even doing power cycles,  these apps are incapable to hold variables or save files, but only after making these apps inactive ("uitschakelen") and reactivating them, they are now able to hold variables and save files. So somehow this "activates" the app  or puts it into "on" modus. Next i did this "app-activating-cycle"  (aac) for all of my apps and guess what, my homey can hear my battery-powered kaku devices! 
    Jump for joy! God only knows what else is fixed by the aac, but sure i am gonna find out tonight.
    Hope this advise help others as well.

• NewTonNewTon Member
    edited September 2016
    KeepT said:
    I noticed the following:
    In homey v0.10.0 betterlogic looses all it variables after a reboot.
    Did anyone already notice this?

No, mine are still there after a reboot and after a power cycle.
  • @Phuturist , may try the acc cycle then?

• I have read all the complaints. There are some complaints, that are very consistent: media,  just one IR device, dutch language. I have the feeling that the process of updating the firmware is not very reliable, because there are a lot of inconsistant complaints after the update.
  • KeepT said:
    @Phuturist , may try the acc cycle then?

Thanx for the suggestion. I did the app cycle and after enabling the settings where gone again. Hopefully they will now remain but I'm still not gone do a reboot to find out.
  • Don't know if somebody already mentioned it, I can't rename flows anymore..
    It's not the biggest bug, but annoying anyway
  • blusser said:
    Don't know if somebody already mentioned it, I can't rename flows anymore..
    I can rename flows.
  • NewTon said:
    blusser said:
    Don't know if somebody already mentioned it, I can't rename flows anymore..
    I can rename flows.
    Same here.
This discussion has been closed.